Why become a member? ×

***SOLD*** Hohner B2ADB Headless

Sean

I have agreed to try and sell a Hohner B2ADB - it has the drop D-tuner mechanism which works beautifully. [url="http://www.hohnerusa.com/index.php?1523"]http://www.hohnerusa.com/index.php?1523[/url] for a colleague in work. It was bought as a gift for his son and it's not wanted (son doesn't think it's very cool :P and wants to raise cash to buy something a bit more "metal").

Anyway, this instrument hasn't even been taken out of the wrapping. I had the lid off the box to check and it's untouched since leaving the factory.

These are super basses and excellent all rounders, I have one of my own and use it as a backup regularly or as a main bass when we play tiny venues. It's Korean made and comes out of the same factory where Cort and Lakland Skylines are/were made - quality is brilliant.

Looking for £350. As new, still packed, unplayed.

Sean ;)

PS: Did I mention it's never been out of the packing? :)

Edited by Sean

There are few B2As, they do a D-tuner model and 5 string ones too... Also different colors....

Any chance of a couple of pics?

Oh and someone ought to give the ungrateful little blighter a kick in the shins..... ;)

FYI I had a B2B and it was a great little beast (before I sold it to Woolleydick) these are great fun.

[quote name='The Burpster' post='391146' date='Jan 25 2009, 07:37 PM']There are few B2As, they do a D-tuner model and 5 string ones too... Also different colors....

Any chance of a couple of pics?

Oh and someone ought to give the ungrateful little blighter a kick in the shins..... ;)

FYI I had a B2B and it was a great little beast (before I sold it to Woolleydick) these are great fun.[/quote]

This a 4-string in black with a D-tuner and is identical to mine so to preserve the integrity of the completely unadulterated packaging I'll take some pics of mine.

[b]NB: These are pics of mine which is absolutely identical. The one for sale is still perfectly packaged as it was when it left the factory...[/b]

originally bought from Thomann and I see they are over £540 quid there [url="http://www.thomann.de/gb/hohner_b2adb_bk.htm?partner_id=73572"]B2ADB[/url]

Edited by Sean

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='391191' date='Jan 25 2009, 08:27 PM']Ah that brings back memories. I had one of those when I was 18. Bloody hell that's a long time ago... ;)

Sounded enormous.[/quote]
I had one at around that time too, bought it with my first ever pay cheque from a record company. Traded it in to get a Wal a few months later, but remember thinking how cool it was at the time (especially the little red light on the front!)

[quote name='YouMa' post='392948' date='Jan 27 2009, 05:23 PM']These basses are a lot more powerful than they look if i remember right,good reggae bass[/quote]

true, the neck pickup has a lovely dark tone. The bridge pup is a bit unmusical ('plasticky'?) in my opinion, but that's subjective of course.

Nice bass overall, and never goes out of tune :-)

Edited by bremen

[quote name='GarethHD' post='405933' date='Feb 11 2009, 03:12 AM']I'm really looking for a 5 string one of these, but might be interested in this one if we can agree on a price.
Would there be a deal on offer for cash, and does it come with a case or is it still in cardboard?
cheers[/quote]

Hi Gareth,

It's brand new still boxed - maybe I didn't make that clear :P

It doesn't come with a case. cash is what we're looking for, unfortuantely credit terms are no longer available. ;)

Price I'm advertising at is cash on collection or delivery can be thrown in. It's a brand new untouched bass and a hell of lot cheaper than anywhere.

If you're really looking for a five string, go for one. Also there are usually a few of these knocking about on ebay.

Why not go to [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showforum=3"]"Introductions"[/url] and tell us a bit about yourself!