Why become a member? ×

Eden Metro Combo & ext cab ****NOW SOLD****

crez5150

Really really really really really don't want to do this but.......... my back cannot take another season of lugging this gear so will have to go down the lightweight route ;)

So I am looking to sell or trade this rig.... I've had it for a about a year.... I'm the 2nd owner. Has been serviced and PAT tested regularly. No problems to report. Not in too dire state but expect the usual wear from a main gig rig.

Dodgy pic below to give you the idea but will try and get much better photo's up at some point this week.

£750 sale or will look at lightweight rigs such as Markbass, Aguillar or what have you..... let me know.

You can come and try before you buy/trade, I'm in Essex (Wickford)

Jay

Edited by crez5150

I have the same problem, Jay. I have the Eden combo but, much as I love it, it is getting increasingly distressing to see me lugging the damn thing in and out of the house at 1.30 a.m. in the pouring rain. And with my dicky ticker.....!

I kept my Metro for those gigs I really need it for a went back to my SWR Electric Blue head and two GK MB112Xs I got from synaethesia (if that's how you spell it!!) for the more intimate jazz gigs but, even though it sounds pretty good, I still have this nagging doubt that the Eden is the better gear and that I should make the effort. But, until I get a roadcrew, its a case of what is good enough for the little jazz gigs I do but is credibly portable.

I do feel like a sellout, though ;)

[quote name='bilbo230763' post='387543' date='Jan 21 2009, 02:20 PM']I have the same problem, Jay. I have the Eden combo but, much as I love it, it is getting increasingly distressing to see me lugging the damn thing in and out of the house at 1.30 a.m. in the pouring rain. And with my dicky ticker.....!

I kept my Metro for those gigs I really need it for a went back to my SWR Electric Blue head and two GK MB112Xs I got from synaethesia (if that's how you spell it!!) for the more intimate jazz gigs but, even though it sounds pretty good, I still have this nagging doubt that the Eden is the better gear and that I should make the effort. But, until I get a roadcrew, its a case of what is good enough for the little jazz gigs I do but is credibly portable.

I do feel like a sellout, though ;)[/quote]

I know exactly how you feel Bilbo...... I am really in love with this rig but I do feel that it's just a matter of time before I do myself an injury. Also due to the size of gigs we now play, we rely more heavily on the PA which we have made great investment into.... so this rig is slightly overkill for just on stage monitoring.

I do feel as though I will regret this immensely though...

[quote name='slobluesine' post='387600' date='Jan 21 2009, 03:13 PM']any excuse for a bump ;) how bout my BFM 10.5's Jay, £300, and i'm just round the corner in Stansted, extremely light cabs 20lbs

[attachment bfm.jpg]

500w into 4ohms (2 x 8ohm cabs)[/quote]

Hey there..... yeah I looked at these but to be honest... I'm not a fan of Piezo's....

cheers anyway

[quote name='crez5150' date='Jan 21 2009, 02:00 PM' post='387516']
Really really really really really don't want to do this but.......... my back cannot take another season of lugging this gear so will have to go down the lightweight route ;)

/quote]

Sold mine a few years ago for exactly the same reason
What a great amp it was, I tried to recreate the sound with a traveller and an 2x10xt cab but it wasnt the same.

You didnt buy it from Mathew did you? as he had mine, and used it with a second 2x10

[quote name='Kubs' post='387865' date='Jan 21 2009, 06:57 PM']Why this WHY!!!

I would pay for only combo more that £1100 at Czech Rep.!!!!

I should stop look at UK ebay or classfields.....

this combo rulez[/quote]

er...... thanks Kubs...... I think....... ;)

Maybe its worth pointing out just how amazing this amp is (rather than saying its heavy!) ;)

The Metro combo is quite possibly the ultimate gigging combo and sounds AMAZING. With the extension cab its a pretty compact full gigging rig with tone and headroom to die for!

Yes its on the heavy side, but with wheels (if I'm correct?) and still far more practical and lighter than an equivalent 4x10 gigging rig, and with all the tone you could ever want. This rig really is top value.

Good luck!!

I've got a Markbass CMD 121H (with cover and Markbass bass keeper) with a 121 Traveller extension that I might be tempted to trade. Cosmetically it's in pretty good condition with one nick in the carpet on the combo and the carpet is a bit 'hairy' in places. I've never had it over half volume and it sounds great. Just looking for a change.
Let me know your thoughts.

Cheers,
Ray

[quote name='alansanderson' post='391243' date='Jan 25 2009, 09:16 PM']I just sold my metro to get a markbass little mark 2 with the traveller 10 2 P or whatever it is.
You will not regret this move, the tone is ace and I can now get on the train/bus to go to gigs!!!![/quote]

I do hope I never have to get on a bus to go to a gig.... but many thanks for the advice.... had a couple of interesting offers already on the Markbass front.... but you know what it's like....
your getting rid of something that you really like and know how to achieve the sound in your head with.....

My back is becoming a real problem though... so needs must.

This rig used to be mine and I have to say, although I sold it for the same reasons as Jay
and I'm very happy with my Markbass rig, I've never quite achieved THAT sound that I hear
in my head, since I sold the Eden.

My ears, my head and my heart miss the Eden in a big way but my back certainly doesn't.

Have a free bump...

[quote name='woodster' post='391915' date='Jan 26 2009, 05:00 PM']This rig used to be mine and I have to say, although I sold it for the same reasons as Jay
and I'm very happy with my Markbass rig, I've never quite achieved THAT sound that I hear
in my head, since I sold the Eden.

My ears, my head and my heart miss the Eden in a big way but my back certainly doesn't.

Have a free bump...[/quote]

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!

Don't be telling me that........... Ohhhhhh what to do, what to do....... This is much harder than I thought.......

Hi Chris hope your good mate........ what Markbass set up have you got then and what exactly do you find good about it other than the weight issue

TA

Jay

Hey Jay, I'm doing good thanks .

Sorry for messing with your mind but it's true, the Eden is truely special.

I've got the LMKII with a 4 Ohm 4x10 so I get the full 500 watts from a reasonably compact rig.

Many folks on here find other cab brands work well with the head but I find the MK cab to be as good
as anything else I've tried such as Schroeder, Epi, Aggie...

The Eden was always perfect with a flat EQ, sometimes needing minor adjustments to cater for different
venues or stages but the MB needs a little more tweaking to coax the best out of it. It's punchy, has a fast response
and the 2 filters VLE and VPF make subtle changes to the tone which can cater for all styles.

Since I got my MB rig, many manufacturers have followed suit with lightweight rigs so there's plenty to choose from
but Markbass should certainly be on your list of potential purchases.

happy shopping...