Why become a member? ×

Looking for advice RE: TKS

Contrebasse

13 minutes ago, Contrebasse said:

Getting weirder here. Still no actual communication from TKS, but I've had an email from a courier about a shipment scheduled for pickup from Sweden in three days, with a new email address for someone I assume is working for Tommy.

I think it was prompted by my emailing Tommy to explain that I was going to have to start a small claim if I didn't hear from him in the next week, and that I'd appreciate it if he'd look out for my Letter Before Claim (I didn't know for sure that mail would still reach him at the address on the invoice).

Bearing in mind that this order was placed more than 9 months ago on the basis of a 4 week lead time, and all emails/calls and requests for a refund have been ignored in the meantime. Pretty bad faith by now. I don't want the cab, and I still want my money back.

I've sent Tommy another email - no answer on the phone - and one to the new email address from the shipping information, asking them not to send the cab and to refund my money. Tomorrow I'll get on to Citizen's Advice to check what I'm supposed to do if there's no reply and the cab ends up here, but if anyone has any advice here I'd be very glad of it!

As always, I hope it gets resolved to your satisfaction, but I have a horrible nagging feeling that Tommy isn't able to resolve this himself, for whatever reason. I really want to be wrong...

• Like 1

On 21/06/2020 at 21:00, wateroftyne said:

As always, I hope it gets resolved to your satisfaction, but I have a horrible nagging feeling that Tommy isn't able to resolve this himself, for whatever reason. I really want to be wrong...

Edited by Contrebasse

I know what you mean. I had an incident with a highly respected bass builder, that dragged on and I was being treated as a complete moron.

Even when everything was put right (only when another luthier got involved and asked the guy in question to behave and stop being a ****), I had such bitter feelings towards the end product, when somebody played it, loved it and asked me if I would ever consider selling it... I snapped their hands off for their low ball offer. It never got used because everytime I saw it, it filled me with rage due to the bitter experience I had had with such luthier. It's a shame - because I quite like his basses... but it seems like I'd never buy anything else from him now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Contrebasse said:

I've still no idea what was going on for the first few months when Tommy was, by his own admission, ignoring customers' messages.

However, without wanting to be indiscreet, I've heard that there is an explanation for his radio silence more recently, and he is out of action at the moment.

There's someone working on orders that were 'stuck in limbo with all the trouble that started with the move'. I don't know anything about that, except that the move had recently happened when I placed my order last September.

This chap sent a very polite, helpful email explaining that he wasn't part of the original team, and it sounds like he hasn't had much information to go on other than a backlog of invoices. He's going to cancel the shipment of the unwanted cab and sort out a refund.

Fingers crossed that Tommy will be back in action soon.

Thanks all for your advice.

That's good to hear (or the best it could be, at least).

I've known Tommy for a number of years now (I think I got the first cabs sent the UK, but I might be wrong) and he's never been anything other than prompt and professional. I would imagine whatever is at the root of the problems is pretty serious, and I wish him well.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My history with TKS is almost exactly like yours, @Contrebasse. I have tried to reach him several times during the last months, but haven't heard from him since late december. Then he promised me to send me my amp for the fifth time or something. 

Would love hear about it if anyone figures something out about what has happened, or manage to talk to the owner himself. 

7 hours ago, Scarfire said:

My history with TKS is almost exactly like yours, @Contrebasse. I have tried to reach him several times during the last months, but haven't heard from him since late december. Then he promised me to send me my amp for the fifth time or something. 

Would love hear about it if anyone figures something out about what has happened, or manage to talk to the owner himself. 

Hi @Scarfire,

I'll send you the email address of the very helpful guy who is dealing with things at TKS at the moment. He was able to sort out a refund for me, so he will probably be able to help you.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...