Why become a member? ×

not mine but nice streamer

ray_6ao7

[quote]THIS IS AN UNWANTED CHRISTMAS PRESENT - HENCE THE AUCTION[/quote] :P

2 weeks after xmas....
[b]Uncle Bob[/b] : [font="Comic Sans MS"]"Hey sport, how are you getting on with that nice bass guitar your auntie and I got you for xmas? Are you famous yet? He he." [/font]
[b]Ungrateful Scroat[/b] : [font="Comic Sans MS"]"Meh I didn't like so I chucked it on eBay"[/font]
[b]Uncle Bob [/b] : [font="Comic Sans MS"][size=1]"Oh, ok"[/size] [/font](closes bedroom door and walks away) [font="Comic Sans MS"][size=1]"sniff"[/size][/font]
;)

Man I bet xmas was fun in their house.
He opens up his pressie expecting an old Fender only to find out she's blown £2000 (she says the RRP is £2269) on this. He's so miffed and disinterested with it that he gets her to put it on the bay rather than take it (or send) back to the shop where she bought it. ;)

I smell a rat. :P

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='380628' date='Jan 14 2009, 08:00 PM']Man I bet xmas was fun in their house.
He opens up his pressie expecting an old Fender only to find out she's blown £2000 (she says the RRP is £2269) on this. He's so miffed and disinterested with it that he gets her to put it on the bay rather than take it (or send) back to the shop where she bought it. ;)

I smell a rat. :P[/quote]

Total and utter b*ll*cks story IMHO. As for the RRP; anyone who paid £2269 for a new SSI needs their bumps feeling.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='380614' date='Jan 14 2009, 07:44 PM']Q&A re. ending listing early - 'I'm happy to get what I paid for it.'... I'm sure she would be but unless she got it for less than £900 she may be a tad disappointed. ;)[/quote]

Well it has now passed my estimated £900... there's also an early 90's Streamer on eBay for £950 BIN AND I've just watched an 88 model fetch £1000. I'll wait a few months yet before declaring the bass recession over but it is looking good. :P

If only it was a 5 string, a stage II, I could actually get to Bristol and I had any money whatsoever then I'd be all over this fictitious bass.

Seriously though, I absolutely love these basses. The Corvette is giving me the Streamer bug after being let down by the ergonomics of my NT5 Thumb a couple of years back. One of the last of the basses I have on my wish list but have never owned.