Why become a member? ×

Reverse Polarity Cable

xgsjx

I'm Considering getting a Gator Pedal Tote Pro with GBus8, thing is the power is - tip & my pedals are + tip. I know there is these [url="http://www.effectpowersupplies.com/21mm-reverse-polarity-adaptor-13-p.asp"]http://www.effectpowersupplies.com/21mm-re...daptor-13-p.asp[/url] Does anybody know if there is cables that go from mini jack to 2.1mm that swap polarity? I could make them but it might cause hum.

Other option is the Warwick RB23100, any thoughts?

It needs to be big enough to hold 2 moogers, a footswitch, an expression pedal & another pedal or two at a later date.

Should I get a powered board or just use the 2 PSUs for the 2 pedals just now & get a board then get a brick later.

£100 is my top limit, preferably less.

Cheers,

G

Edited by xgsjx

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='xgsjx' post='380065' date='Jan 14 2009, 10:39 AM']I'm Considering getting a Gator Pedal Tote Pro with GBus8, thing is the power is - tip & my pedals are + tip. I know there is these [url="http://www.effectpowersupplies.com/21mm-reverse-polarity-adaptor-13-p.asp"]http://www.effectpowersupplies.com/21mm-re...daptor-13-p.asp[/url] Does anybody know if there is cables that go from mini jack to 2.1mm that swap polarity? I could make them but it might cause hum.

Other option is the Warwick RB23100, any thoughts?

It needs to be big enough to hold 2 moogers, a footswitch, an expression pedal & another pedal or two at a later date.

Should I get a powered board or just use the 2 PSUs for the 2 pedals just now & get a board then get a brick later.

£100 is my top limit, preferably less.

Cheers,

G[/quote]

simply changing polarity on the plug shouldn't cause hum I think...

Cheers,

I decided to go with a Spider case & a Godlyke Powerall.

After careful thinking I had thought that the Gator would give no protection in the back of a van & the Warwick looks like it's made of plastic & can see that lasting about as long as an icecube in a hot toddy.

The spider comes with a board, but when I say board, I mean a piece of ply painted black & two strips of cheapo velcro that doesn't stick. Easy fix, buy some heavy duty velcro from craft shop & screw a couple of feet onto the board & it does the job perfectly. A bit of a heavy case but it's well made & solid.

There's enough room for my pedals & if i need a power block there's room for that too. Happy days.

The Godlyke comes with two reverse polarity adaptors & both my moogers are + tip and my zoom 708 is - tip, it powers them all fine.
I read something similar about not being able to do it but one of the psu manufacturers sites I was on showed a set up powering several different pedals using different adaptors.
I'd like to say yes it will be ok, but I'd double check either with someone using a similar muff or give a manufacturer a call (I phoned effectpowersupplies as I was gonna get one from there but ended up at DV247 to get a few things).

G

I think I know what your problem is, your psu. Since getting my Godlyke PSU the MF101 does have a high pitched whine which is there whether the bypass is in or out (not true bypass).
This is only occurring in certain parts of my house & if I get it I turn the VLE on my amp up until it is almost gone (on non MB amps turning the treble down without it taking too much top off is similar).
So far at rehearsals for both bands (different places) the whine has never occurred & it is due to the fact that it's a digital power supply & the MF101 is quite famous for picking up any frequencies (radio included) according to the moogerfooger forum. I'm thinking of giving the 101 it's own psu but as I only use 2 pedals just now it's not gonna make any odds to me. The MF105B is fine tho. No noise, no buzz, just lovely sounds & just sussed that it can make some nice chorus effects too!

Other thing I found out about the MF101 is that it can buzz like a bitch being slapped from behind. Solution to this is copper/brass shielding. It's my next project & I'm getting some thin brass @A4 size to cut & put inside the wood panels & shall get some copper tape to conduct between the case. Some folk don't have the buzz problem, mine's isn't loud but if I can get rid of it, I shall.

I'm gonna try picking up a + tip psu with a high enough output (ma) & try putting the daisychain onto it without using the +- adaptors, see if it sorts that side & I'll let you know what it does.

Edited by xgsjx