Why become a member? ×

New bass - need help.....

bumfrog

ow do all

Ok, so i'm looking at getting me a new (well second hand preferably) bass.

I've been using my rockbass streamer (double soapbar) for the last two years. I like the neck size and I'm one of them people who likes to anchor his thumb on the neck pickup.

I do play various styles so versatility would good.

So, what would people recommend up to say 500 sheets?

Sorry it's all a bit vague, but none of the local music shops have anything worth bothering with, so thought i'd ask y'all.....

[quote name='bumfrog' post='380059' date='Jan 14 2009, 10:36 AM']ow do all

Ok, so i'm looking at getting me a new (well second hand preferably) bass.

I've been using my rockbass streamer (double soapbar) for the last two years. I like the neck size and I'm one of them people who likes to anchor his thumb on the neck pickup.

I do play various styles so versatility would good.

So, what would people recommend up to say 500 sheets?

Sorry it's all a bit vague, but none of the local music shops have anything worth bothering with, so thought i'd ask y'all.....[/quote]
The new Warwick RockBasses. Look just like the real thing now, two piece bridge etc. Look excellent!!
Yamaha BB series basses. Excellent build quality and parts. Sounds great. And a neck to die for. Not well up on newer Ibanezs, but they seem to get good reviews.
Secondhand MIJ/CIJ Fender jazz basses......

[quote name='yorick' post='380094' date='Jan 14 2009, 11:06 AM']The new Warwick RockBasses. Look just like the real thing now, two piece bridge etc. Look excellent!!
Yamaha BB series basses. Excellent build quality and parts. Sounds great. And a neck to die for. Not well up on newer Ibanezs, but they seem to get good reviews.
Secondhand MIJ/CIJ Fender jazz basses......[/quote]

thing is, for 500quid I could get a second hand warwick full fat, not the rockbass, so that's quite appealing...

I'll have to investigate the yammy bb's. I suppose another thing is that there's been a few laklands kicking about in that kind of pricerange, so just wondering how they fare?

[quote name='bumfrog' post='380059' date='Jan 14 2009, 10:36 AM']I've been using my rockbass streamer (double soapbar) for the last two years. I like the neck size and I'm one of them people who likes to anchor his thumb on the neck pickup.[/quote]

I had one of these, loved it. If you feel the same then i recommend just "upgrading" to an actual Warwick. £500 should get you one second hand.

[quote name='joe_bass' post='380372' date='Jan 14 2009, 04:11 PM']I had one of these, loved it. If you feel the same then i recommend just "upgrading" to an actual Warwick. £500 should get you one second hand.[/quote]

kind of what I was thinking myself, just wondered if anybody had any hidden alternatives..... <dives in to classifieds section> ;)