Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Ashdown Perfect Ten mini rig cabs.

waynepunkdude

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='379926' date='Jan 14 2009, 06:41 AM']Does anyone know the impedance and what power rating they are?

I've looked everywhere but can't find the specs, I'm looking to use one as a practice cab for my Little Giant.[/quote]

Purely from memory, I think they were rated at 60w, but I couldn't swear to that.

I would email Ashdown's tech people - in my experience they are extremely quick and helpful.

They're 16ohm Wayne and either 60 or 80 watt, at least mine are.

If it helps i used to run one with my LMk2 for a short while whilst i had no practise amp.I emailed Markbass first to ask if it would be OK.Their reply stated that 16 ohm is fine,it was less the 4ohm that was a no no.

Edited by kennyrodg

They are 16 ohm and 30 watts rms, 60 watts peak, IIRC. This would make sense as well as the head put out 60 watts rms into 8 ohms.

Should be loud enough for practice (as long as by practice you don't mean rehearsal), remember the old "and cab + any speaker = works fine as long as there's no bad noises" thing.

[quote name='Machines' post='380410' date='Jan 14 2009, 04:45 PM']60w peak and a 350w head ? I think it'll not take a fat lot to kill that poor little speaker ;).[/quote]

If he's only using it for home practice, then I'd be surprised if he'd be pushing as much as 10W rms through it.

Some sensibility with the volume control is required for this to work, I think.

But I've used a 250W head with these cabs just fine.

[quote name='Machines' post='380410' date='Jan 14 2009, 04:45 PM']60w peak and a 350w head ? I think it'll not take a fat lot to kill that poor little speaker ;).[/quote]
Bearing in mind that at 16 ohms the max power output won't be anywhere near 350W, or even 200W. If he's sensible with the bass control and volume control it'll be fine.