cascanicoff

Withdrawn - Jerzy Drozd 5
£980
Bilbao - Spain

Now up for grabs this beautiful Jerzy Drozd 5 strings bass. A great bass with the following specs:

• Aguilar Preamp 3 bands active/passive
  • Etiome body
  • Ebony fingerboard
  • Maple neck
  • 35" scale
  • Weight: 4 kg.

I used to have doubts about the 35" scale, but this bass has erased them all. I can barely find any difference to my 34" basses in the ergonomy or the feeling at playing. It is extremely easy to play, with great balance and an amazing build quality. A wonderful instrument that really makes justice to the fame of the builder.

The Jerzy has some cosmetic wear that can be seen in the pictures. It has already been -generously- applied to the final price of 980 pounds. It is located in Bilbao - Spain.

Cheers, Gorka

Jerzy Drozd (2).jpg

Jerzy Drozd (3).jpg

Jerzy Drozd (5).jpg

Jerzy Drozd (8).jpg

Jerzy Drozd (9).jpg

Jerzy Drozd (10).jpg

Jerzy Drozd (12).jpg

Jerzy Drozd (15).jpg

Jerzy Drozd (16).jpg

Jerzy Drozd (18).jpg

Jerzy Drozd (19).jpg

Jerzy Drozd (20).jpg

Jerzy Drozd (21).jpg

Jerzy Drozd (22).jpg

Jerzy Drozd (23).jpg

Jerzy Drozd (28).jpg

Edited by cascanicoff
I am withdrawing the bass
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, Tonii1986 said:

Este bajo fue mío un tiempo... Me arrepiento de soltarlo, 5 cuerda buenísima 

I am also beginning to regret it. And I didn't sell it yet... 😄

Pumkinkin, I will check out the string spacing when I can. The switches are, to the best of my memory, passive/active and a frequency selector. I will check it out again when the job/kids/home thing grants me some free time.

• Thanks 1

Nice looking bass! Hadn't I just bought me a five string...
Not at all looking like an 18th century piece of furniture, like many Drozd basses tend to...
More a tool of trade. :)
GLWTS!

• Thanks 1

The string spacing is 18 mm.

I don't care selling international (outside the EU), but I'd rather that the buyer organizes the delivery in this case, to avoid any problems. Please take into account that there would be import fees to be paid.

Edited by cascanicoff

I have also a few questions:

What year was this bass made? Is there a serial number?

What model is this bass? I know Jerzy Drozd has models like Obsession, Excellency, Mastery etc...

Edited by ovialexm1
  • Thanks 1

It is a Jerzy Drozd Basic 5. Not sure about the construction year, apparently no spring chicken (despite its excellent playing condition). I will check out the serial number at home and send it to you per personal message, so that we don't push the ad any more for the time being.

Thanks to everyone for the excellent feedback and for the questions.

Edited by cascanicoff
  • Thanks 1

I was hesitating for a while if I'd better withdraw this bass. But the fact is that I have too many basses already, so I am pushing the ad up again.

A brief note on the condition of the bass: the hole on top of the headstock has got indeed a chip. Actually two of them, one on each side, about a couple of milimetres, you can see them on the pics. I have never considered it a problem at all, but the issue came out in some private messages I exchanged, so  I prefer to mention it here to avoid any further questions or eventual missunderstandings.

The dings on the body are visible in the pictures. They are part of the reason for the low price of the bass. That being said, I think that it is more than fairly priced, therefore I may consider trade suggestions (eventually), but not bargaining on the price. For one pence less than this money I prefer keeping it for sure (and maybe even for this money, but that is nobody's problem but mine...)

Best, Gorka

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By sselterf
      Having a family shifts priorities for spending time and money. That said, some of my basses have to go; by taking your pick, you'll tell me which to keep.
      On the block (from the left):
      Acacia Custom w/Lane Poor pickups, £ 1200, details added please scroll south Clover Slapper, £ 900 gone Hanewinckel Custom, £ 900, details added Jerzy Drozd Excellency IV, £ 2000, scroll for details Tobias Classic pre-Gibson, £ 2000 sold Overwater Progress III Deluxe fretless, £ 1200 gone Cliff Bordwell D-Bass, £ 1200 sold Any particular interest, please let me know.
      All instruments are in great condition - well, the odd miniscule ding, superficial scratches - and necks are slim and adjustable for very low action, which I'm partial to. All the basses have been with me for a minimum of 10 years and have lovingly been looked after (and, though not as often as they deserve, even played). Time for new strings on some.
      Price includes basic GLS shipping to your doorstep, provided the address is within the European Union. Anywhere else, lets talk. Pick-up possible in Berlin. For those that count their coins in €, please assume 115% of the  £ price. Since I know how risky it is to buy a bass unseen, unheard, unfelt, I'll accept returns within 3 days of delivery. Full refund minus shipping costs, given undamaged/untampered condition. Easy to offer, they're keepers.
      For the bros/sis over the pond, yes, I'll ship to the US, which is not really all that expensive. After all, this is where some of my gear came from, duly imported. And in case of issues I could provide a US return shipping address, courtesy of family over there.
      Not looking for trades please, as it wouldn't quite answer the purpose.
      Any questions, please PM.
      Cheers,
      Claas
      My feedback: https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/165134-feedback-for-sselterf-aka-claas/

• By Hellzero
      NOGUERA Trinity 8 Custom Bruno Ramos ! The most ergonomical bass I've owned to date.

As it's a unique instrument, I'm opened (past participle) to (partial) trades, but please keep in mind that I'm fretless player.

Asking price including shipping fully insured with tracking number to your place in these European countries (ask for other countries) : Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France (excluding French overseas departments and territories), Germany, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Monaco, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and United Kingdom : £3000 GBP !!! (new price would be around £5500 GBP...)

In fully working condition and excellent overall condition.

Here are the specifications :
      Body : 2 pieces red alder from Noguera original stock
      Top : book matched flamed maple from Noguera original stock with in between veneer out of ebony from Noguera original stock
      Neck : 1 piece hard rock maple from Noguera original stock (with stiffening rods)
      Fingerboard : flamed maple from Noguera original stock
      Frets : 25, yes 25
      Headstock : 4 + 4 shape (angled) with flamed maple top from Noguera original stock with in between veneer out of ebony from Noguera original stock
      Pickups : 2 Noguera single coils hum-cancelling (stacked humbucker) in 60's Jazz Bass position and ebony covers from Noguera original stock
      Preamp : Noguera 3 bands custom made for this unique bass to Bruno Ramos exact specifications
      Controls : neck volume (push-pull for active/passive selection), bridge volume, bass, mids (push-pull for 400/800 Hz selection), treble
      Tuners : Hipshot Ultralite
      Bridge : Noguera patented 2 pieces flamed maple from Noguera original stock with zinc fully adjustable saddles
      Strings spacing at bridge : 20 mm
      Nut : bone
      Strings spacing at nut : 9 mm
      Knobs : Noguera wooden knobs from Noguera original stock (maple for the volumes and ebony for the EQ)
      Scale : 34"
      Hardware colour : black
      Truss rods : 2 (fully working)
      Finish : very light gloss
      Land of craftsmanship : France
      Serial number : none as it's a unique model
      Year : 04/2012
      Weight : 5.6 kilos (on the light side for an ERB 8 strings) 
      Action : from 1.5 mm under the F string to 3 mm under the F# string at 12th fret (can go lower, but was perfect for me)

Will come with a brand new Rockcase Beast Bass hard case fitted with removable foam to block it inside.

Non-smoking environment as usual.

I'm only selling this wonderful Jazz Bass like ERB 8 strings bass because I really don't play fretted basses. As you probably know, I also own a Noguera Yves Carbonne Signature 8 Fretless that has become my main bass being a fretless player. Trinity (as it was named by Christian NOGUERA) deserves to be played, and even if each time I play it, it sounds terrific even dead flat and passive, I always get back to the fretless as it's my sound. This bass is unique and has been totally hand crafted with the best woods Christian had in stock at the time (as you certainly noticed it  ). All these woods were in his stock since more than 20 years explaining the even sound and the fact that this instrument seems to be insensible to the changes in weather. It stays in tune for months.

This bass was designed for Bruno Ramos who is professional player, a teacher and a journalist for the Bassiste Magazine (THE French magazine). This Noguera is perfectly balanced and really easy to play as every detail has been perfectly thought. Don't be afraid by the number of strings, it's so easy to play that you won't notice that you are playing such an ergonomical and balanced ERB. You'll be amazed, guaranteed !

The bass has been fully set up professionally by Christophe LEDUC. It has a new battery and has been fitted with a brand-new set of Kalium BH-190-8BS hybrid nickel round wound strings, except for the F that is plain (19P - 31 - 43 - 59 - 79 -106 -142 - 192).

This marvellous Noguera will also come with a brand new spare Kalium BH-174-8BL set (18P - 28 - 39 - 55 - 73 -98 -130 - 174), a used Kalium BH-174-8BL set, a brand new Newtone Diamond taper type round core nickel plated steel all round wound set (20 - 28 - 44 - 64 - 84 -104 -128 - 174) and a mounted once for one hour exact same Newtone set. So you'll have 4 spare sets : 2 new, 1 hardly used and 1 used (that was fitted on Trinity before I put the new set on it).

Link to the new Noguera website : https://www.noguera-basses.com/

A video with Bruno Ramos playing his bass : 

Another video were Bruno Ramos used it at the end of the tune : 

What you see is what you get !

Look at the pictures taken under different angles to see the real almost new condition : some hardly noticeable very few marks and very small knock over the neck pickup (at around 2 cm away). The bass is photographed with the special Loxx Strap Locks, but will be fitted back with the original black strap buttons (as on photos 12 to 15 which were made by Christian NOGUERA).

Don't hesitate to ask for more.
    • By Grangur
      In the time I've been here I've learned that not all BCers are able to tweak their basses or do soldering jobs. So, this list is for those who could do with a hand to do those small jobs.

Some folk listed here may do the job for free, others may make a small charge, or charge for parts. The cost is down to you to negotiate with the other member.

If you'd like to be added to the list, simply post in this thread.

The list is vaguely North -> South.
      North UK
      Fionn Outer Hebrides, Scotland - the top bit
      Neepheid Aberdeen
      acebassmusic 7 miles south of Aberdeen
      Rmcki Argyll
      EmmettC Edinburgh
      Meddle - Edinburgh
      Geoffbyrne - Glasgow - (set-ups and tweaks)
      thepurpleblob - Glasgow
      TwinCam County Durham  - Electrics, necks, bodies - most things.
      Pete1967 - Leeds
      Steve-Soar  - Wirral - Also teaches bass
      Jaybass-70  - Wirral
      andytravis - Manchester - Electrics, repairs,  de-frets

Midlands UK
      Andyjr1515 Derby -  Andy will do most things.
      chazzjeuk Ashbourne, Derbyshire
      bassislife16 -  Clifton, Derbyshire
      jebroad     Stoke / Derby
      bassulike66 Rugeley, just north of B'rum
      T-Bay Tamworth, just north of B'rum
      Roger2611 Northampton
      Manton Customs Shropshire/Staffs
      Wales UK
      Jimothey     Denbigh North Wales
      Gelfin Cardiff, S. Wales -  Set-ups, Electrics
      East Anglia 
      lownote12 Diss, Norfolk/Suffolk - (Setups and tweaks)
      Lonestar North Essex/Cambridge
      West England
      MoonBassAlpha Oxford
      Dudgeman    Swindon

Central & Southern Inc London
      Twigman Dunstable, Beds
      Grangur Herts/Essex - think Stansted Airport - Electrics, fretwork, re-finishes. Not much I don't do.
      Gary-mac - Herts / North London - Fretwork, necks, electrics.
      Number6 East London
      ahpook London
      dudewheresmybass North Kent, Near Dartford(ish)
      Obbm Farnham, Surrey
      Neilp - Crawley (also does DB!)
      Beedster Canterbury
      KioGon "Sunshine Coast" (Hastings, Sussex; not Queensland, Australia)
      Mykesbass Sussex, Crawley/Brighton
      mickhardup - Near Portsmouth
      Jimryan Portsmouth
      Chienmortbb Poole, Dorset. May be able to go to Southampton too
      Telebass Dartmoor/SW Devon/SE Cornwall

Mainland Europe
      marcoelwray - Belgium  - Marco  does most things on basses
    • By foxtrott
      The bass is in good condition, technically tiptop, with usual optical used tracks (on the back of the body) and on the top plate smaller things, which I captured in the photos as best as possible.
      The tone and response is extremely direct and resonant. The playability very comfortable.
      Specs: 2006 Jerzy Drozd Obsession Excellency 6 Strings 35" Scale 24 Frets Etimoe Body Zebrawood Top 3 Piece Maple Neck 7 Screws Bolt-on Maple Neck Ebony Fretboard Matching Headstock Two pieces Jerzy Drozd Bridge Two Jerzy Drozd Single Coils Pickup Aguilar OBP-3 Preamp 18mm strings spacing, possible to up to 19mm or down to 16.5mm. 9mm at nut Ebony Nut Asymetrical D Neck Controls : Volume/Blend/Bass/Medium 400hz or 800hz/Treble Trussrod : One double-acting fully working Weight : 4.4kg Machine heads : Gotoh Controls Knobs : Wood, maple and Zebrawood.  

• By Hellzero
      ARIES Senes VS 6 Custom Signature, hyper rare, unique model !

Asking price : £2245 GBP !!!

In fully working condition and real good condition. This bass has never been modified, except for the changed strap pins.

Here are the specifications :
      Body : 7 pieces with, in order of appearance, red alder top, wenge veneer, maple veneer, mahogany core, maple veneer, wenge veneer, red alder back
      Neck : 5 pieces neckthrough flamed maple, wenge, maple, wenge, flamed maple
      Fingerboard : Macassar ebony
      Frets : 24
      Headstock : 3 + 3
      Tuners : Hipshot Ultralite
      Pickups : Aries Custom Neodymium humbuckers
      Preamp : Aries Custom Solfegio 3 bands 18 Volts
      Controls : volume (active / passive), blend, bass, mids and treble, 1 switch per pickup for series / single / parallel modes
      Bridge : Hipshot Type A
      Strings spacing at bridge : 18 mm
      Nut : brass
      Truss rod : dual action
      Strings spacing at nut : 9 mm
      Knobs : Aries Custom wood following the same pattern as the body
      Scale : 35"
      Hardware colour : gold
      Finish : gloss
      Land of craftsmanship : Croatia
      Serial number : 010109
      Year : January 2009
      Weight : 5.4 kilos
      Action : from 1,5 mm under the C string to 2 mm under the B string at 12th position

Will come with a generic semi-rigid case.

Non-smoking environment, as usual.

The Šabić brothers, at the origin of the brand, are, for one, classical luthier and, for the other, electronics engineer. They manufacture instruments of excellent craftsmanship and with handpicked electronic components. Unfortunately, they stopped the production of their always unique and hand-made instruments to work for a brand-name Custom Shop three years ago ... This is, therefore, a unique instrument made to measure for an Italian bassist and I am the third owner. It is an ultra-versatile and super rare bass.

The new price in 2009 was around 4.500 Euros…

The bass has been fully set up professionally. It has two new batteries and has been fitted with a brand new set of LaBella Super Steps SS45CB strings (29 - 45 - 65 - 85 - 105 - 128).

Link to all the high resolution photos and the below sound clip : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1eich-IrjiKGxx3wAHupJPHlKSj_bNxjh

Link to a video made by my friend Vincent : 

Here, a sound clip recorded with this very bass, except for the fretless intro and outro, by the same Vincent : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jezFSCAl3S_3Yl_dNcurxnARbRvVeAZ5/view

What you see is what you get !

Look at the pictures taken under different lights to see the real condition : some few marks, especially close to the bottom strap pin and the usual light scratches, but nothing serious at all.

Don't hesitate to ask for more.