Why become a member? ×

Rare Vintage 1977 BC Rich Eagle Bass

lafrite

Rare Vintage 77 USA BC Rich Eagle Bass. Made in Los Angeles, CA back in the golden years of BC Rich. Serial number is 773XX.
All original factory black with Walnut stringers. Maple neck through construction
Maple wings with Walnut stringers
Ebony fretboard with pearl diamond inlays
Traditional headstock with Walnut overlay
Pearl "R" logo inlay
Original Grover Tuners
Original Leo Quann Badass bridge
Original Dimarzio PU's with original pickup rings
Working full active electronics package
All original knobs, switches, coverplates, etc
Original 1977 flight case

No extra holes or modifications. Moderate player wear for a guitar of this age. One ding on back of neck does not effect playability at all, I play this thing all the time. Pics say it all. This is the real deal, if you're looking for the best that Vintage BC Rich has to offer, this is it. Please email for more pics or any questions.

£950

I'm in Paris.

[quote name='Shockwave' post='377506' date='Jan 12 2009, 11:33 AM']Holy moly, This is awesome, Someone jump on it.

Lorne should be along shortly :P[/quote]
+1

I used to have one of these until some bar steward stole it back in 1996.. ;)

These are phenomonal basses; the tonal range, sustain and playability are just superb.. Construction and build quality is very high indeed and because they don't come up very often, they are very, very underrated basses.. A real pleasure to see one come up for sale here!

Now - where can I find that grand I left lying around before Xmas.. :)

Yeah,already seen this one,very nice bass,but I already have £6-700 to spend on my 1994 B.C.Rich Widow refurb and also might have to save up about £1000 for a rather special Ironbird

This bass is well worth the money though,just not for me at the moment

Best of luck with the sale ;)

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='377745' date='Jan 12 2009, 02:45 PM']Not Geezer Butler's one (possibly with a trem) is it?[/quote]

Close :P

It's red,but trans red over solid quilted Maple wings

It has a trem

It has NOTHING to do with Geezer Butler or anyone terribly famous

It's currently not for sale,but that might change ;)

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='379716' date='Jan 13 2009, 09:36 PM']How does it achieve the neck angle with a through neck for the really tall badass bridge?[/quote]

They allow for that by placing a wedge of wood,the same type as the neck wood,under the end of the fretboard at the body end ;)

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='380280' date='Jan 14 2009, 02:23 PM']How is a £1000 bass underrated? :P[/quote]

It's not about being these basses being underrated from a monetary point of view.. My comment was more about the fact that these basses are of exceptionally high build quality, are very versatile and fantastic sounding instruments and would probably cost a couple of grand to build at todays prices.

But because the BC Rich Eagle isn't a well known bass and perhaps because general opinion amongst bass players about BC Rich basses is based upon the rather stereotypical 'heavy metal' image that is associated with the brand now, there may be a tendency to think that £1000 is a lot of money to pay for a bass like this one..

As it happens, I think the price for this one is about right, but that's just my opinion.. ;)

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='380280' date='Jan 14 2009, 02:23 PM']How is a £1000 bass underrated? :P[/quote]

Firstly,find a Mexican Luthier (The best in the world),give him a circular saw blade,which he will turn into a Luthier's knife wrapped in tape,with this knife he will hand cut the bevels on this bass,hand cut the neck heel,inlay the fretboard and mother of pearl R

Give the Mexican a # 10 bailey plane and a spoke shave,and he will hand carve the body and neck

Give him all the top quality wood you can find

Now,travel through time and see how much THAT level of expertise will cost you today

This bass is second only to something like a top of the range Sei bass

I own a 2007 B.C.Rich Widow bass,it's retail value (NEW) today is $5,800,the U.K. distributers,Ro$etti,have a habit of removing the $ sign and replacing it with a £ sign,so £5,800
I own a 1985 B.C.Rich Bich 8 string bass,which I KNOW was completely made by hand,got it used,it owes me $3200,I have a 1979 one too,that owes me £400

This Eagle IS underated,you simply could not get that level of instrument today for £1000,NEW anyway ;)

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='380691' date='Jan 14 2009, 09:02 PM']Thanks for keeping me informed. I'm such a dumb-ass.

How much does this Mexican get paid btw?[/quote]

Nothing Now,the main carver of necks (He did around 90% of them at BCR North=El Monte),died in a Acohol disaster in 1985,Johnny Hernandez R.I.P.

Johnny

Real Luthiers at work,VERY few electric machines

And a worker using a Mexican Luthier's knife

[quote name='Lorne' post='380851' date='Jan 14 2009, 11:37 PM']Nothing Now,the main carver of necks....[/quote]
Not now. :P You said we were using time travel in your original tutorial about basses worth $$$. :)
Anyway cheers again for keeping this ignoramus informed... pity my point is getting lost. ;)

Anyhoo, good luck with the sale OP (sorry for the hijack). It looks scrumptious. And if Geezer likes 'em that's good enough for me. :huh:

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='380900' date='Jan 15 2009, 12:43 AM']Lorne, do you have a photo of the guy who made my '86 NJ Mockingbird?[/quote]

Is it a through neck?

If not,then he probably had Black & Decker stamped into his head ;)