Why become a member? ×

XXXSteinberger Synapse (TRADED-Please remove)

Raslee

Well.....i got this bass back in December and can truly say i love nearly absolutely everything about it...except the string spacing. So if anyones interested in a top notch high end real deal 5 string Steinberger Synapse custom model (Custom from the Colour and Extra PU fitted) then send a PM (its a very posh bass with a posh case and all+extra's).

[b]See new pictures further down this thread[/b]

See [url="http://www.steinberger.com/XS1FPACST.html"]http://www.steinberger.com/XS1FPACST.html[/url] has all the details, mine has an extra PU (EMG) fitted at the Bridge....professionally done (details can be provided), the Piezo is still in there but has been disconnected.

I may change my mind and keep it...but then who knows.

I'm interested in trades ideally a Musicman 4 or 5 string, or Spectors...but alas try me with anything but if a 5 string must have similar spacing to my Lakland (i thinks its around 19mm) - May do a cash deal. I have a little cash also to add to for the right deal on a trade if needs be.

I can only describe this bass as posh, the quality is amazing, as is the case, strap etc etc

More pix available on request.

Please note this bass has two pick ups!....bonus!

Edited by Rasta

[quote name='wotnwhy' post='380751' date='Jan 14 2009, 10:13 PM']grrrr i really really want this! but i don't NEED this!

GAS can really tear you up inside! good luck with the sale[/quote]

Lol, understadable...although if your a fan of 17mm spacing you'd soon find you NEED it over WANT - it looks sooooo cool, subjective of course...but it is still cool.

Goodluck with the GAS.

Ok, finally a few more pictures...unfortunately from my phone in the end!

Anyhow, these basses have become very difficult to get in Europe - a Steinberger Synapse XS-15FPA Custom 5-string. The main reason for this is that Gibson, who have owned Steinberger since the late 80's, have taken back distribution of their products in Europe from Rosetti, who handled it for years, and have decided to do it themselves. Unfortunately they don't appear to have planned ahead very well, and new Steinberger guitars are simply not going to be distributed until further notice. For reasons that are unclear, they have also instructed all online retailers in the States that they cannot ship any Steinberger products outside the USA.

This bass has a graphite reinforced wooden neck and a beautiful super smooth phenolic fingerboard. It's the custom version, which means it has an attractive stripey maple top under a translucent blue finish. As mentioned earlier, you can read all the tech specs on the Steinberger website at [url="http://www.steinberger.com/XS15FPACST.html"]http://www.steinberger.com/XS15FPACST.html[/url]

The pickup configuration has been altered from stock, as it comes from the factory with a single magnetic pickup and piezo sensors under the bridge saddle. The previous owner found the piezos to be pretty useless, so he had the marvelous Martin Petersen at The Gallery fit another identical EMG in the bridge position. The piezos are still in there, but are disconnected. The controls are now master volume, pan between front and rear pickups, and treble and bass cut and boost. Sound-wise, it's pleasingly bright, punchy and resonant, and very easy to play. Martin also set it up and gave the bass a clean bill of health, the neck is straight, the truss rod is fine, and it has no issues.

The strap arrangement is cool - it has a hook bar that protrudes from the body that you attach on to at the front, and conventional strap buttons at the back. It may look a little odd, but it makes the bass really well balanced and comfortable to wear. The bar doesn't get in the way at all, and it also tilts the body just enough to give good sight of the fingerboard...it's a very comfortable ergonomic bass. There are also two allen keys cunningly concealed in the end of the bass by the strap buttons. No more searching around for the right sized ones...

You can use standard strings or double ball ends, and it currently has a new set of D'Addario XLs fitted. Included is a new set of Steinberger double ball end 'high C' strings should you want to string it up E-C instead of B-G.

It comes complete with a rather natty fitted, posh, lined hard case, an instruction booklet, and I'll also include a nice strap. As you can see from the photos, the bass is in very good order throughout, with just a couple of small scuffs by the strap buttons.

Any more questions, please get in touch.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='barryenright2320' post='392031' date='Jan 26 2009, 07:17 PM']What would be the damage to ship to ireland or would that be included in the 500 notes aswell??[/quote]

Hi mate, i reckon shipping to Ireland could be done for the full £500.

It's still up for grabs as i have had a buyer pull out due to unforeseen circs for him.