Why become a member? ×

Westone Thunder 1A for sale

Debbie

Black Westone Thunder 1A for (reluctant) sale.

It's in really good condition, some dings (a couple on the top of the headstock) and scratches consistent with age but nothing major. Sounds fantastic!!!

Comes with a strap and hard case (although, to be fair, the case is a bit banged up!).

I'm looking for £100 for it, and it's collection only from Northampton I'm afraid.

I'll post a picture as soon as poss, and feel free to ask me any questions. You can mail me: [email protected] if you'd prefer.

Cheers,
Deb

Edited by Debbie

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='374221' date='Jan 8 2009, 04:57 PM']if you weren't a million miles away then I'd have this off you[/quote]

I take that back...I'd maybe have it off you :) (not seen pics yet)

too far away though...

The very first proper bass I ever owned. They're great. I had the really early one without the bird logo on the headstock. Made in the Matsumoko factory. They are great - the only drawback is they eat batteries but the sound they produce compensates for this.

I'm not a million miles away but I've already got one and I love it! Debbie - I'm playing at The King Billy in town of Friday week if you wanna check our band (Insurrection) out - It's a biker pub - loadsa bands, good atmosphere. Col

I have a Thunder II and thought about selling it but I dont think I would get enough to prize it from my cold dead hands lol.

It was the first bass I ever bought and even if some shmuck offered £200 I still think I would rather have the bass (even if it doesnt get played ;) :P ).

Sorry for the derail Debbie :)

Edited by The_D

I had one of these first off and Its great to see one again.

Mine was a dog though as I hadnt yet learned that basses could be "set up". The neck was so concave I could put my hand between the fingerboard and strings at the 7th fret (slight exaggeration) didnt half strengthen my fingers up though. Wish Id kept it and sorted the neck out.

A good buy for someone, really solid basses.