Why become a member? ×

BIG LEFTY MARKET THREAD

josh3184

[quote name='Leftbass' post='615491' date='Oct 3 2009, 09:14 AM']Nice looking bass but you need to work on your sales pitch Biggsy mate ( sweaty hands! Euch!) :rolleyes:[/quote]

Ha, drunk post; I found it funny last night! Just a light-hearted jibe to all the previous owners about the surface rust on the pole pieces. Rest assured it's a nice clean bass :)

[quote name='metaltime' post='612876' date='Sep 30 2009, 12:04 PM']Anyone else seen the SEI on ebay. Very tasty but not cheap at £1800[/quote]

It's been up for at least 2 months to my certain knowledge. It was up at £2000 originally. Every time it fails to sell he keeps relisting it almost immediately. I sent him an email through ebay very early on, advising him that he might struggle to sell it at that price. He got VERY shirty with me, so I wished him luck and have hardly looked at it since. IMHO someone persisting for this length of time in the face of a complete lack of interest is either not living in the real world or else doesn't really want to sell it but wants to look like he does (if you know what I mean.. :) )

[quote name='Biggsy' post='614863' date='Oct 2 2009, 02:53 PM']Hi guys, my Stingray's on eBay; [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330364630105"]Item 330364630105[/url]

[/quote]

Ooh, that's tempting. 2 questions:-

would you consider an offer?

do you have any more pics?

[quote name='leftybassman392' post='615951' date='Oct 3 2009, 06:53 PM']Ooh, that's tempting. 2 questions:-

would you consider an offer?

do you have any more pics?[/quote]

No worries, let me know what pictures you'd like.. Happy to consider offers but no P/X I'm afraid.

[quote name='rapscallion' post='615935' date='Oct 3 2009, 06:38 PM']Would anyone happen to have a left handed Jazz Bass neck available[/quote]
I have;
one fretted (Mex. Jazz, rosewood), good used condition: £100 and
one Warmoth ebony fretless £230

drop me a PM if interested :)

Damn you and your StingRays, just bought an SR5 and still have three ATK's so I really don't need one, but otherwise I'd be seriously tempted by that black one (I feel a StingRay should have a maple board, and I've come to love black on black) :)

[quote name='LeftyJ' post='617146' date='Oct 5 2009, 09:57 AM']I feel a StingRay should have a maple board, and I've come to love black on black :rolleyes:[/quote]

Yeah, I've always thought that was the best combo for a Stingray :) Drop me a line if you give in to temptation! :lol: I'll be in the Netherlands in November, playing a show supporting Nick Oliveri in Maastricht, so could always hand it over then!

Edited by Le Chat Noir

[quote name='Biggsy' post='614863' date='Oct 2 2009, 02:53 PM']Hi guys, my Stingray's on eBay; [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330364630105"]Item 330364630105[/url]

[/quote]
Can I suggest you put the word Bass in the description, it doesn't come up when "Left handed bass" is entered in search, might get you a better price

[quote name='PaulWarning' post='619811' date='Oct 7 2009, 05:43 PM']Can I suggest you put the word Bass in the description, it doesn't come up when "Left handed bass" is entered in search, might get you a better price[/quote]
Good call, many thanks :)

Edit; Do you mean the title?

Edited by Biggsy

[quote name='Le Chat Noir' post='620421' date='Oct 8 2009, 11:45 AM']Sadly, you can't edit the title once you have bids. Good luck with it! :)[/quote]

This is true. Plenty of bidding watchers though, so the omission hasn't been to the detrement of the auction thankfully.

How much are you asking for yours out of interest?

[quote name='Biggsy' post='620509' date='Oct 8 2009, 01:12 PM']This is true. Plenty of bidding watchers though, so the omission hasn't been to the detrement of the auction thankfully.

How much are you asking for yours out of interest?[/quote]

To be honest I'm keeping an eye on yours to see what it goes for, as I'm unsure of the current market value for used lefties! Seen them go for anything up to 1000 quid on Ebay over the years, but also often considerably less. I'm generally holding out for some kind of swap involving something Jazzy.

I've been amazed by prices some EBMM's go for on the British secondhand market. I saw some Sterlings sell for 700 pounds, which is about 800 euros, whereas they generally sell for about 1100-1200 euros on the Dutch market. I myself got a killer deal on a Stingray 5 from the UK recently. It may well be worthwhile to advertise your Stingray on leftybass.com too, I sold my G&L SB-2 there in no-time (within two hours!).

[quote name='rasher80' post='625990' date='Oct 14 2009, 02:49 PM']Christ!

Shame i bought that Precision otherwise i'd have been all over that!

GAS-ing for quite a few different things at the mo![/quote]

GAS? I'll give you GAS:
A JB75-US/LH in Norway as we speak, natural with maple board and upgraded with an Audere preamp :)
[url="http://www.leftybassist.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1163"]http://www.leftybassist.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1163[/url]

Not cheap, but definitely nice - although the bottom piece of ash doesn't really match the rest of the body.

[quote name='LeftyJ' post='625986' date='Oct 14 2009, 01:39 PM']Biggsy's Stingray sold for just a mere 620 GBP :rolleyes:
It's just amazing what these go for in the UK lately.[/quote]

I thought that was pretty good! A bit more than it owed me anyway :)

[quote name='Le Chat Noir' post='626114' date='Oct 14 2009, 03:45 PM']I'd feel gutted if I listed mine and it went for that, but good on you for staying positive! :)[/quote]

Maple's more desirable and I'm not greedy - I made a little money and passed a bargain on to another lefty, where's the negative?!

[quote name='Biggsy' post='626195' date='Oct 14 2009, 05:09 PM']Maple's more desirable and I'm not greedy - I made a little money and passed a bargain on to another lefty, where's the negative?![/quote]

That's the spirit Biggsy!

Now, if only i can persuade Jeroen to part with his 75 Jazz then i'll be very happy :) :rolleyes:

(Just kidding, i know you love that bass!)