Why become a member? ×

BIG LEFTY MARKET THREAD

josh3184

[b]if anyone is interested in any cheap lefty basses i have a aria 5string magna series £150 a westone active one of the old ones about £190 with fitted soft case. a ibenez active srx300 £170 a new warwick rockbass £220 i am selling some of as i have far to many basses shortly selling a warwick streamer jazzman not sure how much its worth yet . Anyone interested just contact me thanks.[/b]

Hi guys,

I'm currently selling my Michael Kelly 5 string Fretless Electric-Acoustic Bass (phew!).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160897674313?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649#ht_500wt_1198

I'm looking for around £400 "Buy it now". PM me for any info!

got it monday mate fireglow gave me the reciept for it and told me he only played it 3 times and it is 100% immaculate looks brand new he went on to bass because they could not find a bass player but when he bought it they found a bassis within a fortnight it is a 2009 and he bought it new i cant believe my luck. I wont forget what a big favour you did me and in future if you want owt iv got just say and i will look after you and thanks again lefty cheers mate.

Ok, here are some pics of the '57 Fender Precision CIJ I bought from LeftyJ recently. The first image is the bass as received and the others are after fitting a gold anodised pickguard with thumbrest. Now looking for a chrome bridge cover to add to the look.
[attachment=121015:P9080136.jpeg][attachment=121016:Pbass02.jpg][attachment=121017:Pbass04.jpg][attachment=121018:Pbass05.jpg]

[quote name='rogerstodge' timestamp='1350242077' post='1836293']
Yea you just beat me to it as well.. Ive got the chrome fender covers if you want them? They're off an old '78 jazz i used to have, pm me your address and ill stick em in the post and you can owe me a pint,
Paul.
[/quote]
Thank you. Very nice offer. Pm'd.

It looks NICE. I'm thinkin about buying one of these MIJ 57 Pbasses (I can't decide between the 57 and the 62... I like maple fretboards, but my other bass is a Custom order 51 pbass with the maple fretboard).
By the way, where did you get the picjguard??
Thanks!

[quote name='Ronnie' timestamp='1348662068' post='1816572']
Hi! new bass player here.
I see some of you have a Japan 57 pbas. I'm thinkin about getting one, but I would like to know what you guys think about the basswood + maple combination. Too bright sound?
Thank you!
[/quote]
Hey Ronnie. Now my Japan '57 p bass is up and running I would have to say I think the sound is very old-school depending on the strings you fit. Some precisions are bright and I like that. Easy enough to boost the bass eq on the amp.
Just put up some pics of mine.

Cheers.

[quote name='Ronnie' timestamp='1350248722' post='1836423']
It looks NICE. I'm thinkin about buying one of these MIJ 57 Pbasses (I can't decide between the 57 and the 62... I like maple fretboards, but my other bass is a Custom order 51 pbass with the maple fretboard).
By the way, where did you get the picjguard??
Thanks!
[/quote]
I'd also like a '62 re-issue in sunburst with rosewood neck.
The gold anodised pickguard is from Fender. As far as Im aware they dont do a lefty version so before I bought it I asked a guitar workshop if they could flip it and fit it.
The finish on the flip side is matte as opposed to the normal side which is brushed but still looks good.
The guard was flippable because of the single ply flat edge metal . However, the workshop guy had to counter-sink the holes on the other side and slightly file around the pickup area to help it fit. Only one or two holes didnt match up when flipped so a little tweaking there as well.
Will hope to fit a bridge cover plate soon.

[quote name='sblueplanet' timestamp='1350251498' post='1836500']
I'd also like a '62 re-issue in sunburst with rosewood neck.
The gold anodised pickguard is from Fender. As far as Im aware they dont do a lefty version so before I bought it I asked a guitar workshop if they could flip it and fit it.
The finish on the flip side is matte as opposed to the normal side which is brushed but still looks good.
The guard was flippable because of the single ply flat edge metal . However, the workshop guy had to counter-sink the holes on the other side and slightly file around the pickup area to help it fit. Only one or two holes didnt match up when flipped so a little tweaking there as well.
Will hope to fit a bridge cover plate soon.
[/quote]

Looks, very nice. I'll let you know if I buy a 57 or a 62.

[quote name='sblueplanet' timestamp='1350237406' post='1836155']
Ok, here are some pics of the '57 Fender Precision CIJ I bought from LeftyJ recently. The first image is the bass as received and the others are after fitting a gold anodised pickguard with thumbrest. Now looking for a chrome bridge cover to add to the look.
[attachment=121015:P9080136.jpeg][attachment=121016:Pbass02.jpg][attachment=121017:Pbass04.jpg][attachment=121018:Pbass05.jpg]
[/quote]

Wow, came out great! Nice :)

Thanks LeftyJ, Hadge.

What I did was just cosmetic but I suppose gives the bass a rarity value. Cant imagine many lefties around with that type of pickguard.

The bass didnt need much setting up at all. I just tweaked the intonation and string height. The bass has a lovely even tone, not too bright. On a Precision style bass I tend to play using plectrum or thumb so flatwounds may be tried out at some point. Im pleased with the way it turned out.

[quote name='rogerstodge' timestamp='1342381665' post='1734129']
Hi all,
I have a CIJ olympic white 60s RI Jazz bass Lefty for trade, its a 1999 model i think, its in excellent condition although the lady i bought it from said it has a small scratch on the back of

one of the horns but i can't find it.. this bass plays lovely, and as you prob' know they're on a par with the USA models.
i would much prefer to trade this rather than sell it, i would be looking for a Jap Precision or maybe a Warwick??.
let me know what you have chaps
thanks for looking,
Paul
[attachment=113234:DSCN2636.JPG]
Back up for grabs if anyones interested?? Trades as above or £425.00
[/quote]THIS BASS iS NOW SOLD