Gary Williams

Status Empathy 5 String 1999 ** NOW REDUCED TO £1,450.00 **
£1850
Horsham, West Sussex

** NOW REDUCED TO £1,450.00 **

This is going to break my heart but something I want just a little more has come up.

This is my beautiful Status Empathy 5 String, made in 1999.

In superb condition except a small line in the lacquer from the neck pickup screw upwards as seen in the pics. It's not a deep crack and I have polished most of it out.

Wafer thin action after a recent set up with Rob @ Status and sounds utterly incredible. 2 new battery boxes fitted.

**** EDIT: Apologies people, spacing at bridge is dead on 15mm between strings ****

Ideally pickup in Sussex.

I'll let the pictures do the talking.

NO TRADES please

DSC_5477.JPG

DSC_5472.JPG

DSC_5473.JPG

DSC_5475.JPG

DSC_5476.JPG

DSC_5478.JPG

DSC_5479.JPG

DSC_5485.JPG

DSC_5487.JPG

Edited by Gary Williams
REDUCED PRICE
  • Like 4

Magnificent !!!

If someone has the same 4 string :

I take  !!!!

Edited by Rehsart

Hi Andy - I have just measured the spacing at the bridge and it is approx 18mm 15mm  across all strings.

Hope that helps!

Gary :0)

Edited by Gary Williams

Hi there -  I'm no Status expert but this is a 1999 model and has no trussrod as it has a graphite neck. The relief is set at the factory.

Hope that helps!

Gary

4 hours ago, Gary Williams said:

Hi - sorry just a sale as I have already purchased a new bass so need to sell this to keep my wife happy!

OK, thanks anyway 

Please note

Any Trades/possible trades/part exchanges or any other tradeable incentive....needs to be PMd directly to the seller and not posted on the sellers ad

Posted (edited)

Hi there - no truss-rod in this model.

Just had a complete set up by Rob @ Status and the action is very very low with very little fret buzz.

Edited by Gary Williams
  • Thanks 1

Hi, is this still available? Beautiful bass, do you know what kind of pickups are on it? 

many thanks

Gordon

11 hours ago, JGBass500 said:

Hi, is this still available? Beautiful bass, do you know what kind of pickups are on it? 

many thanks

Gordon

Hi Gordon - the Status has a lot of interest and I have 2 people very interested. As the bass is original I’d say they are Status Hyperactive pickups. I hope this helps!

On 25/09/2019 at 13:03, andytoad said:

What’s the string spacing, 18mm?

String spacing at bridge is 15mm across all strings

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By BenTunnicliffe
      UPDATE: I'm now willing to send to mainland UK if fully insured and if you would allow me time to find a box big enough to house the bass & its hardcase. Some people already kindly asked in PMs if this was a possibility so I'll be giving those people first refusal out of courtesy.
      ALSO UPDATE: I plugged the bass in a day or two ago and the jack output is a tiny bit loose but makes a fantastic, full output connection 99% of the time. I'll have a look at it and see what the deal is.
      ------
      Hi everyone, selling my Overwater Perception Pro Deluxe Custom 5 String with its Overwater/Hiscox Case.

Manufactured 2007 Purchased by me in December 2010 5 String 24 Frets 35" Scale 9V Active 4.6kg (bass on its own) Volume, Pickup Pan, Bass, Mid, Treble, Push/Pull High End Boost Bolt-On Neck Upgraded Overwater PreAmp (Fit By Overwater) Overwater/Hiscox Hardcase Selling Due To No Longer Playing Collection-Only, Cardiff, UK Strung Bb - Gb String spacing between B-E string 14mm, spacing D-G strings is 16mm (measured at the bridge by myself with a ruler and no idea what I'm doing!)  
      As far as I can remember, the ‘custom’ in its name denotes it having a non-standard bridge to what was offered at the time of manufacture. In October 2015 I safely sent the bass to Chris May at Overwater for some love & attention and it was at that point in its life that its active preamp was upgraded to the newest model available at the time and a ramp between the pickups was also fit with the most matching wood Overwater were capable of providing. The bass also had a full service while it was with them.
      I do not have Facebook myself but if you were to head to overwater’s FB page you will see an image they uploaded while it was with them in the shop that verifies the date these upgrades were made by them.
      I have no altered the bass in any way myself and it is in remarkable condition. That said, it has been used to me in hundreds of professional environments therefore has the faintest of hairlines present on some of the body/neck but nothing that affects playability. I have always been careful to not let the bass come in contact with belt buckles/belt sanders and if it wasn’t in a hardcase it was always propped up safely on a stand. The gold hardware has began to reflect a slightly more silver/chrome finish due to my hands running over it so regularly.

I have professionally used the bass with much love and care since I bought it and am only parting with it as I no longer have any yearning to be involved in the business. It seems an absolute crime to have this stunning instrument sat in its case doing absolutely nothing.

The bass is for sale for £1050 including the case and I will have to insist on it being pick-up only from Cardiff. The only thing I can imagine being sadder than parting with the bass is for it to be damaged in transit. 
      I would also really like for someone to come and have a play of the bass rather than trying to pay me from overseas and have me deal with a third party here acting as a courier. This is only because it would allow too much room for miscommunication and I am not confident in my ability to safely package something so delicate for international shipping.
      Thanks for reading and I will do my best to reply to any queries asap!

• By lowregisterhead
      For sale is a rare Parker Fly 5. I bought this on a bit of a whim earlier in the year, but I'm finding the string spacing is a bit tight for my gorilla mitts, so it's not getting the use it deserves. A huge tonal range from magnetic and piezo pickups, specs are below. A few small dinks, shown in the photos, but in very good overall condition.
      £1200 including UK shipping, contact me for shipping costs anywhere else. Collection from near Woking in Surrey welcome. Payment by cash on collection or bank transfer/Transferwise only please. Comes with Parker logo'd Levy's padded gig bag. Sorry, but I'm looking for a straight sale only, so no trade offers please.
      Specs:
      Sitka Spruce laminated body with Quilted Maple front and back, the neck is Mahogany wrapped in carbon fibre, the headstock is Curly Maple. The fretboard is glass and carbon fibre with stainless steel frets. Fretboard radius 10"-15", 34" scale. 24 medium size, hardened stainless steel frets, lightweight aluminum locking Sperzel® tuners. GraphTech® nut, width: 1.8". Mono-Rail II bridge with individual Fishman piezo pickups, gain of each adjustable from within the control cavity. 17mm string spacing at the bridge. 2 Custom DiMarzio Ultra Jazz™ hum-cancelling pickups with active Fishman EQ. Controls are: master volume, magnetic pickup volume, magnetic pickup pan, stacked magnetic active 2 band EQ, stacked piezo tone and volume.

• By Mudpup
      Price drop to £750!
      I acquired this in an exchange on this veritable forum a short while ago as a 5 string experiment. Alas I have far too few fingers and it's not worked out for me - I'm sticking to 4 strings!! So, she's up for sale or an exchange for a 4 string G&L L2000 if anyone has one kicking around. 
      Year 2000 USA model and in fab condition (tiniest bit of buckle rash and a weeny dink on the headstock). Comes with new strings and original hard case. No issues and sounds amazing! 
      I'm based near Harlow/Bishop's Stortford and can travel to Herts/Kent/London for work so pretty flexible for delivery/demo
      Pm me with questions please and thanks for looking 😊
      (Harry, hope it's OK to use your pics - I'm in France at the moment!) 

• By big rob
      This is one awesome bass.
      So the story on this one, the previous owner found and purchased an unfinished nightingale with one pickup.
      He went to Bernier Goodfellow at GB basses and had the bass finished and a new old stock nightingale pickup fitted and an agular opb3 preamp fitted.
      This made sense as Bernie was a partner in the nightingale basses enterprise making these basses by hand.
      Then onto the paint shop for one of the best paint finishes i have ever seen, totally flawless.
      She is light with a fantastic sound and a really lovely snake wood fret board.
      To look at you would think she was made yesterday.
      This is one great bass but i always go back to my status series 3 as i am a creature of habit.
      Would consider trades or partial trades with cash my way, however cash is king.

• By big rob
      Claas Leviathan Custom 4. Handmade in Germany Info: https://claasguitars.com
      Body:Ash
      Neck and Fretboard: Flammed Maple.
      SeymoreDuncan Musicman and Jazz Pickup.
      Richter 3-Band EQ.
      The bass is in good condition and the frets are like new.
      The jazz pickup and preamp are modifications from the original bass.
      She may look from the future and has all the modern tones but can also do old school really well.
      Looking for £1600 £1500 , down from £1850 might consider other trades or partial trades (cash my way).