Left leaderboard
Gary Williams

*** SOLD*** Status Empathy 5 String 1999
£1850
Horsham, West Sussex

** SOLD **

This is going to break my heart but something I want just a little more has come up.

This is my beautiful Status Empathy 5 String, made in 1999.

In superb condition except a small line in the lacquer from the neck pickup screw upwards as seen in the pics. It's not a deep crack and I have polished most of it out.

Wafer thin action after a recent set up with Rob @ Status and sounds utterly incredible. 2 new battery boxes fitted.

**** EDIT: Apologies people, spacing at bridge is dead on 15mm between strings ****

Ideally pickup in Sussex.

I'll let the pictures do the talking.

NO TRADES please

DSC_5477.JPG

DSC_5472.JPG

DSC_5473.JPG

DSC_5475.JPG

DSC_5476.JPG

DSC_5478.JPG

DSC_5479.JPG

DSC_5485.JPG

DSC_5487.JPG

Edited by Gary Williams
REDUCED PRICE
  • Like 6

Magnificent !!!

If someone has the same 4 string :

I take  !!!!

Edited by Rehsart

Hi Andy - I have just measured the spacing at the bridge and it is approx 18mm 15mm  across all strings.

Hope that helps!

Gary :0)

Edited by Gary Williams

Hi there -  I'm no Status expert but this is a 1999 model and has no trussrod as it has a graphite neck. The relief is set at the factory.

Hope that helps!

Gary

4 hours ago, Gary Williams said:

Hi - sorry just a sale as I have already purchased a new bass so need to sell this to keep my wife happy!

OK, thanks anyway 

Please note

Any Trades/possible trades/part exchanges or any other tradeable incentive....needs to be PMd directly to the seller and not posted on the sellers ad

Hi there - no truss-rod in this model.

Just had a complete set up by Rob @ Status and the action is very very low with very little fret buzz.

Edited by Gary Williams
  • Thanks 1

Hi, is this still available? Beautiful bass, do you know what kind of pickups are on it? 

many thanks

Gordon

11 hours ago, JGBass500 said:

Hi, is this still available? Beautiful bass, do you know what kind of pickups are on it? 

many thanks

Gordon

Hi Gordon - the Status has a lot of interest and I have 2 people very interested. As the bass is original I’d say they are Status Hyperactive pickups. I hope this helps!

On 25/09/2019 at 13:03, andytoad said:

What’s the string spacing, 18mm?

String spacing at bridge is 15mm across all strings

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By benh
      EMG 40HZ set (passive) taken out of a Spector Rebop 5 I had a while ago. Fully working when removed, reason for removal was installation of active EMGs. Some light wear but nothing major, the HZ part of the logo is slightly more worn than the EMG part. £40 posted (UK), international would be more (can get a quote for any interested parties).
      EDIT: Forgot to mention, unfortunately I don't have the pickup screws for these. SECOND EDIT: Found them!

• By NotAsGoodAsJaco
      Up for sale, my Ibanez BTB 1825. Excellent condition/as new.
      Comes with original custom fit Ibanez Case.
      35" scale bass with 19mm string spacing and a 47mm nut width.
      Bought new from Thomann in Nov 2019. Dot markers added by pro luthier.
      Low action, flat neck with  good feel. Just not the tone for me - I bought this bass without ever playing one.
      Prefer a local (London and surrounding areas) but will post within UK. UKsales only
      I believe these basses are discontinued.
      Spec from Ibanez...
      Neck type BTB59pc Panga Panga/Purpleheart/Maple w/Graphite reinforcement rods neck-through Top/back/body - Walnut top, Ash wing body Fretboard - Bound Panga Panga Abalone off-set dot inlay Frets - Medium Stainless Steel frets Premium fret edge treatment Bridge - MR5 bridge (19mm string spacing) Neck pickup - Aguilar® DCB neck pickupPassive Bridge pickup - Aguilar® DCB bridge pickupPassive Equaliser - Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ Hardware color - Gold Width 47mm NUT Radius 400  

• By badastronaut
      Carvin PB5 for sale. In mint condition! incl. original hardcase. A very well made and great playing passive P bass. The bass is pretty light (will weigh it later tonight) and has a string spacing of 19mm. 
      That's also the reason I'm selling it, I like the 17,5 mm on my Stingray 5 better.  The bass is located in the Netherlands but safe and secure shipping is not a problem. I have send quite a lot of basses to the UK without any problems. For more info or a soundsample send me a message!
      Asking price is 685 gbp. Trades are possible, 4/5/6 strings, fretted/fretless, just give it a try!

PB5 General Specifications:

5-string,
      bolt-on neck 
      scale length 34" 
      rosewood fingerboard with white dot inlays, 
      14" radius 
      Carvin locking bridge, strings through body 
      19 mm Stringspacing at the bridge

• By xzodar
      Next up for sale is this excellent Yamaha TRB1005J in natural finish with the quilted top.

I’ve found this to be a light, easy to play and versatile bass and have played it in my function band for a number of years so it does have a few small marks from playing and use, but nothing major and no damage to be concerned about.
      Hopefully the pictures show how good it’s condition is.  Please PM if you need any additional pics or information.

Meet-up or collection preferred although shipping can be arranged at cost.

• By xzodar
      All
      I purchased this bass for my daughter to learn with and it has subsequently never been touched...Grrr 🙂
      So, we basically have here a mint condition 5 string bass which is very capable and has Yamaha’s usual high build quality.
      Definitely an instrument to consider if you are thinking of trying out 5 string but don’t want to invest a whole heap of money. As with most Yamaha basses, this punches well above its weight.
      Pickup / meet-up from near the north of Bristol preferred however I can ship at cost if that is a preferred option.
      if you need any additional pictures etc then please let me know.  I can’t find a mark on it though.
      Cheers, Pete