Gary Williams

Status Empathy 5 String 1999 ** NOW REDUCED TO £1,450.00 **
£1850
Horsham, West Sussex

** NOW REDUCED TO £1,450.00 **

This is going to break my heart but something I want just a little more has come up.

This is my beautiful Status Empathy 5 String, made in 1999.

In superb condition except a small line in the lacquer from the neck pickup screw upwards as seen in the pics. It's not a deep crack and I have polished most of it out.

Wafer thin action after a recent set up with Rob @ Status and sounds utterly incredible. 2 new battery boxes fitted.

**** EDIT: Apologies people, spacing at bridge is dead on 15mm between strings ****

Ideally pickup in Sussex.

I'll let the pictures do the talking.

NO TRADES please

DSC_5477.JPG

DSC_5472.JPG

DSC_5473.JPG

DSC_5475.JPG

DSC_5476.JPG

DSC_5478.JPG

DSC_5479.JPG

DSC_5485.JPG

DSC_5487.JPG

Edited by Gary Williams
REDUCED PRICE
  • Like 4

Magnificent !!!

If someone has the same 4 string :

I take  !!!!

Edited by Rehsart

Hi Andy - I have just measured the spacing at the bridge and it is approx 18mm 15mm  across all strings.

Hope that helps!

Gary :0)

Edited by Gary Williams

Hi there -  I'm no Status expert but this is a 1999 model and has no trussrod as it has a graphite neck. The relief is set at the factory.

Hope that helps!

Gary

4 hours ago, Gary Williams said:

Hi - sorry just a sale as I have already purchased a new bass so need to sell this to keep my wife happy!

OK, thanks anyway 

Please note

Any Trades/possible trades/part exchanges or any other tradeable incentive....needs to be PMd directly to the seller and not posted on the sellers ad

Posted (edited)

Hi there - no truss-rod in this model.

Just had a complete set up by Rob @ Status and the action is very very low with very little fret buzz.

Edited by Gary Williams
  • Thanks 1

Hi, is this still available? Beautiful bass, do you know what kind of pickups are on it? 

many thanks

Gordon

11 hours ago, JGBass500 said:

Hi, is this still available? Beautiful bass, do you know what kind of pickups are on it? 

many thanks

Gordon

Hi Gordon - the Status has a lot of interest and I have 2 people very interested. As the bass is original I’d say they are Status Hyperactive pickups. I hope this helps!

On 25/09/2019 at 13:03, andytoad said:

What’s the string spacing, 18mm?

String spacing at bridge is 15mm across all strings

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By TRBboy
      Hi folks! 
      This bass is just incredible, probably my favourite ever, but I've had a bit of a change of direction and it needs a new home. 
      This was my second sandberg custom build, built around 2013/14. It's very lightweight and ergonomic, very balanced tonally, versatile, and features that incredible sandberg neck feel! I upgraded to a swamp ash body which not only looks stunning (pics don't do it justice!), but it's incredibly lightweight at around 3.7kg, and it works exceptionally tone - wise with the maple fretboard. I also upgraded to a 3 band eq (these models normally come with 2 band). The natural headstock was also an upgrade, as these would come with a black one as standard. It is actually a veneer with a black accent layer in between. 
      Specs :
      Swamp ash body with matt cherry sunburst finish 
      Maple neck and fretboard
      Natural headstock
      Black hardware
      2x dual coil soapbars
      3 band Glockenklang eq with true passive bypass and passive tone control
      Comes with original sandberg gigbag

There are a couple of very minor dings in the body, I can attempt to photograph these if you like. 

No trades sorry. If you're nearby, you're more than welcome to come and try! 

Thanks for looking! 😊👍

• By TRBboy
      Hi folks! 
      Tis with a heavy heart I am advertising my first Sandberg custom build! This incredible bass was built for me in 2011/12 from memory, and has served me well. The ebony fretboard was a substantial upcharge, but is by far the nicest I've ever played. 
      Really comfortable to play, very balanced across the tonal spectrum, hugely versatile, and of course THAT sandberg neck feel! 
      Specs:
      Alder body with virgin white high gloss finish
      Maple neck, ebony fretboard
      Matched headstock
      Sandberg power humbuckers x2 with coil split switch (outer coils) 
      3 band Glockenklang eq with true passive bypass and passive tone control
      Comes with original sandberg gigbag

Not looking for any trades sorry. Welcome to come and try it out if you're in the area 😊👍
      Thanks for looking! 

• By moonbass
      For Sale 
      Warwick Infinity SN 4-string 2002 Zebrano
      Price drop to £1000
      German-made featuring a set-neck and tone chambered body, with MEC active humbucker at the bridge and single coil at the neck. The humbucker can be split to single coil via pull switch, and a second pull switch changes from active to passive. MEC 2-band preamp. The range of tones is incredible and very usable. 
      This is a narrow necked version so easily suitable for small hands. I can provide a good quality gig bag or an original Warwick flight case. 
      Selling as I have the 5-string version as well.
      Would prefer collection from Cambridge, but happy to meet up within an hours drive. Only trades I would consider are 5-string Warwick Streamers currently. 
      Cheers,
      Andy

• By silverfoxnik
      Hi Folks 
      So, this really, really is a feeler, but as I said in another for sale thread, I have my eye on something else, so am putting this beautiful example of a Fender Roscoe Beck 5 String & OHSC for sale. 
      I'm looking for £SOLD or very near offer for this beautiful Fender signature series bass, which many have described as the best Fender 5 string bass ever made. 
      The bass is in superb condition and has one ding on the underside of the body which hopefully can be seen in the photos. 
      A completely passive bass, it has two double wound Bill Lawrence pick-ups that offer you series/parallel/single configuration for each pick-up , offering you a plethora of sounds/tones from standard Jazz Bass to the most modern Humbucker sounds. It's perhaps a little bit darker tonally than a standard Jazz bass, but with stainless steel round wounds, this bass works with any genre of music and any type of band.
      Here's a great thread about the RBV bass on TalkBass: 
      https://www.talkbass.com/threads/roscoe-beck-bass-v-5-string.38034/?amp=1012489606
      And here are some YouTube links:

The bass is currently strung and set up by mecto my taste, which means it has quite a high action and heavier gauge Carvin strings, so it would definitely benefit from a professional set up.. On that point and just to clarify, the truss rod is working perfectly so that won't be a problem.
      As ever, I'd prefer to sell this to someone who could come and try it out in person here in Littlehampton West Sussex first however, I am prepared to ship it at buyer's expense by insured courier service. 
      If you've any questions, please PM me or ask away here and I'll try to get back to you ASAP.
      I am away in Birmingham from tomorrow afternoon for 3 days , so please bear in mind that I may not be able to answer certain questions until I get back.
      Advertised elsewhere btw, and I reserve the right to change my mind as I really do love the RBVs that I've had over the last 12 years... but that dreaded GAS does come along to fry the common sense circuitry in my brain from time to time.. 
      Thanks for looking as ever 😊
      Nik 

• By podvodoy
      For sale lefty handmade in Poland Mayones jabba custom 5 string
      Need money to invest into new instruments, so these have to go ASAP. 
      Price drop £1000  

Specs as follows: 
      BUILT IN:
      VERSION:
      - LEFTHAND (Leworęczna)    

CONSTRUCTION:
      - bolt-on    
      NECK:
      - Maple    
      SCALE :
      -34.25" (870mm) 

FINGERBOARD:
      - MAPLE  
      MARKERS:
      - Custom inlay 3-7  + black block inlays 9-12-15-17-19-21-24
      BODY:
      - EMA / EBONY MACASSAR (top)    
      - ASH 
      PICKUPS: 
      - Nordstrand / NP5 Precision style NP5-BLK (Neck)    
      - Nordstrand / MM5.2 Music Man style MM5.2 (Bridge)    
      PREAMP:
      - AGUILAR / OBP-3    
      CONTROL:     
      - VOLUME (active/passive), BALANCE, MIDDLE, TEMBLE/BASS
      JACK:
      - SWITCHCRAFT C12B    
      BRIDGE:
      - WSC / JB 74-CR    
      TUNERS:
      - SCHALLER / Schaller BM 4+1-CR    

NUT:
      Plastic
      HARDWARE COLOR:
      - CR (Chrome) 

STRING SPACING
      -19mm.

Carefully played, in full working condition, minor signs of wear. Set to very low action for fine tapping. 

Comes with Hard Case (Musicman).  
      Bass is in London, paypal or cash on pickup. 

Can ship for £36 extra (parcelforce 24h) to UK mainland.