Why become a member? ×

early roscoe LG3000 *sold*

steve

Okay, I thinking of moving on my Roscoe, it's an early model, made in the 90's.

No issues, very playable.

Active EQ + bart soapbars.

[attachment=1417:roscoe12.JPG][attachment=1418:roscoe11.JPG][attachment=1419:DSC
0253.JPG]

[color="#FF0000"]
edit: price dropped to £450 ONO, or trades????
[/color]

[color="#FF0000"]
edit: price dropped again to £400 ONO, it's off to ebay in a couple of weeks, when I get back from my hols - see last post
[/color]

sold, thanks cam

Edited by steve

[quote name='vmaxblues' post='38154' date='Jul 28 2007, 02:57 PM']It's my old Roscoe, cracking bass here people, a real gem and great powerful tone.[/quote]

[quote name='bassaussie' post='38218' date='Jul 28 2007, 06:33 PM']And mine before that!!! Totally agree, it's a very good bass.[/quote]

would that make you grandpa and great grandpa? :) :huh:

cheers for the positive comments fellas

[quote name='bassaussie' post='38372' date='Jul 29 2007, 10:13 AM']Jeebus, I didn't need to hear the words "Great Grandpa" being applied to me this morning!! :huh:

Good luck with the sale.[/quote]
:huh: :huh: :huh:

[quote name='lowdown' post='38397' date='Jul 29 2007, 11:25 AM']And mine....even before that....!!
Great Little Bass..[/quote]
that would make you great-great....no, I can't bring myself to say it :huh:

regarding selling /trading it - I've just been playing it through my new rig ( :) pics to follow) and i'm having second thoughts - it sounds fabulous, even with a hangover.

[quote name='wildman' post='40057' date='Aug 1 2007, 04:00 PM']How much do you think its worth ?, Would you consider a trade for my Warwick Streamer Std ?[/quote]

hi mate, thanks for the offer, but i'm not after a warwick, and I'm looking to get more than £275 for the Roscoe.

As to it's worth, I don't think it's up there with the more modern Roscoes advertised on here at the £800-£900 mark, but it's still luthier built, possibly a one off with the pointy headstock, and a bloody good bass. I'd be hoping for around £500 which is the equivalent in what I traded it for.

• 1 month later...

bump this back to the top, I've not pushed it while I've been making my mind up, but I thinks it's time to move it on.

I've recently got into jazzes so I could be interested in trades for (preferably maple fretboard) jazzes, or cash offers or WHY.

it currently has a set of db black beauties on, and looks like this now

[attachment=2367:DSC00470.JPG][attachment=2368:DSC00471.JPG][attachment=2369:DSC00473.JPG]

It's very light and easy to play - 'almost like a guitar' as described by a previous owner

• 3 weeks later...

price dropped again, I've decided to build a DarkStarred Franken P, and need to fund it. I'm going on holiday on Monday for around 10 days but I'll try to access the internet to see if there has been any interest. It will be ebayed on my return if there hasn't been.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Shockwave' post='87410' date='Nov 12 2007, 05:19 PM']Man if only my loan would come a month or so early :) i would definatly have this![/quote]

if it doesn't go on ebay, I can hold it for you, I'm not in a hurry for the cash and I'd prefer it went to somebody on the forum