Why become a member? ×

rehearsal spaces?

project_c

Waterloo = Alaska Studios
SE19 (Crystal Palace) = Antenna Studios
Croydon = Scream Studios.

We've used Scream for the past 5 years and they've been very good. Quantity and variety of rooms is an asset. We used to use Resident and Bush Studios (both mentioned above) but the price and availability of rooms turned us away.

Fortress Studios in Old Street are good, they have a massive Trace stack with 2 4x10s that absolutely kicks, and their PA is massive. Rooz in Old Street has Orange valve amps which are cool, and the place is pretty funky for a rehearsal studio - it has a bar, and sometimes the rehearsal rooms open up and turn into mini gigs! Terminal Studios in London Bridge is pretty good with decent equipment (Ashdown mostly). I used to use Unit 9 in Balham (who also have Ashdown amps), mainly because it's close to me... There's one in Streatham by the kart track that's meant to be pretty good too. If you use Scar in Camden, be prepared to either take your own amp or use a farty Behringer or an even more farty fossil of unknown origin from the seventies!

[quote name='dannybuoy' post='380250' date='Jan 14 2009, 01:52 PM']Fortress Studios in Old Street are good, they have a massive Trace stack with 2 4x10s that absolutely kicks, and their PA is massive. Rooz in Old Street has Orange valve amps which are cool, and the place is pretty funky for a rehearsal studio - it has a bar, and sometimes the rehearsal rooms open up and turn into mini gigs! Terminal Studios in London Bridge is pretty good with decent equipment (Ashdown mostly). I used to use Unit 9 in Balham (who also have Ashdown amps), mainly because it's close to me... There's one in Streatham by the kart track that's meant to be pretty good too. If you use Scar in Camden, be prepared to either take your own amp or use a farty Behringer or an even more farty fossil of unknown origin from the seventies![/quote]

.. Also Unit9 are about half the price of Fortress (£30 for a 3 hour session incl. backline) (not sure about Rooz - they don't seem to have a website).

Unit 9 have a Trace combo too, but I think the Ashdown stuff there sounds better.

James

Thought I'd bump this thread because I've just come across an ad for a studio in Kilburn. Can't recommend it because I've not used it, but it seems cheap enough for those on a budget. It's probably fairly new because they were only charging £7 p.h. a couple of months ago!

FACILITIES 15x20 feet rehearsal space, 1200w P.A w/ 3 band eq per channel, stereo 8 band graphic eq, multi FX ...etc 3 x SM58 vocal mics 1 x EBS bass amp 1 x Fender guitar amp 1 x Premier drum kit Air-conditioning Practice mirrors RATES: 3 HOURS = £27 6 HOURS = £54 DAY ( 11.30am - 11.30pm ) - £108 48hr NOTICE REQUIRED FOR CANCELLATION Free tea / coffee / herbal tea

DOWNSTAIRS AT 330 KILBURN HIGH ROAD, KILBURN, LONDON NW6 2QN

FOR BOOKINGS PLEASE
CALL - ALEXANDRA on 07958790366 and/or
EMAIL - [email protected]

[url="http://www.myspace.com/pandamusicstudio"]http://www.myspace.com/pandamusicstudio[/url]