Why become a member? ×

What is my Status S2 worth?

martfitz

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='365581' date='Dec 29 2008, 04:56 PM']As an early 2000s model I'd say about 1000 gbp, but don't worry. There are plenty of Status fans on here who'll be up for such a lovely bass.

Rich.[/quote]

Hi Rich,

Thanks for the advice, looking at the list you've got there you're obviously a fan.

Cheers

Martin

[quote name='geilerbass' post='365726' date='Dec 29 2008, 08:04 PM']That's a real beaut! I'd be keen to offer you some cash for it... ...if it had one more string and one less headstock. :)[/quote]

I concur, one more string, one less headstock [i]AND[/i] LEDs and I would happily throw big wads of cash at you. Nice looking bass anyway though.

Do yourself a favour, put it on French Ebay using the built in translation programme, or even just in English. Most players here speak English. Put a starting price of what you'd really like for it (say £1200) It's just Ebay.fr

Status basses go for about 40% more here than in the UK. I've seen Energy series basses go for €1,000 on French sites and with the current exchange rate, you could have a serious result. The delivery is no problem if you use a good courier service and they all use Paypal here so no probs getting your dosh.

If it doesn't sell, it's only cost you a couple of pounds.

[quote name='leschirons' post='366627' date='Dec 30 2008, 09:22 PM']Do yourself a favour, put it on French Ebay using the built in translation programme, or even just in English. Most players here speak English. Put a starting price of what you'd really like for it (say £1200) It's just Ebay.fr

Status basses go for about 40% more here than in the UK. I've seen Energy series basses go for €1,000 on French sites and with the current exchange rate, you could have a serious result. The delivery is no problem if you use a good courier service and they all use Paypal here so no probs getting your dosh.

If it doesn't sell, it's only cost you a couple of pounds.[/quote]

Thanks for the info

[quote name='Dr.Dave' post='364881' date='Dec 28 2008, 03:30 PM']In the current climate , more than ever , it's worth what you can get for it. Probably less than you'd like. It's a gorgeous looking creature and unless you're being evicted or something I'd hang on to it and enjoy it.[/quote]
Yeh, I'll go with Dr.Dave. The number of times I've heard "I used to have one of them, wish I still did". Your taste has changed to the Yamaha it may change back given time.