Left leaderboard

Hello ladies and gentlemen.
I am 38 years old, I am French. I played the bass of my 12 years when I was 28 years old and then I took a break of 10 years (job, work, child, ...) and I get back to it slowly .....
I'm a fan of English instruments: I play mainly on Status Energy, Shark, Groovebass and Trace Elliot amp.
I came to this site in search of a status S2 classic 4 string headless and I decided to stay because this site looks very nice.

I forgot: I'm not super strong in English .... but google helps me a lot so sorry in advance for spelling mistakes or phrases with words upside down.
  • Like 2

Bonjour, Welcome..... as a fellow Status lover!   you’ll find lots of great pics and and advice here about everything bass and some not bass! 😃

Here’s a post you might like :

• Like 1

Thank you for the link bassfan !!!
I have seen a lot of beautiful instruments and there are some very interesting discussions .... I will be happy to read all this in detail.
On occasion I will put pictures of my precious status
  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Cenas
      I'll put for sale this bass for excess of instruments, therefore not really into trades, but you can try me.

This bass is a war machine, with almost 30 years and it's ready to much more. It has some dings, most of them in the body, normal for the use.
      I can send some more detailed pics under different lights to see the dings, just ask.

Bass construction: graphite compost
      Fretboard: phenolic
      Pickups: hyperactive
      Preamp: 2eq + mid switch

Not much more to say about it, the brand says it all. Plays really well, and sounds unique!! Full of lows, the mids cut through a band like no other and the highs are really clear.

• By big rob
      Price drop, Was £875 now £840!!!!!!!!
      This bass has a great low action and the neck is smooth and fast and just had a fresh waxing with Warwick wax.
      Body of the bass has some mojo but has been given a good polish, a number of small dints here and there but still in good condition (see photos).
      Frets have near zero wear.
      Pickups are MEC in the neck and a Delano MM in the bridge, the two switches are one for the sims blue led's and the other is a 3 way switch is for the MM pickup when the switch is in the up position the bridge pick-up is humbucking and routed in series. When the switch is in the middle position the bridge pick-up is single coil and routed as humcanceling with the neck pick-up. When the switch is in the down position the bridge pick-up is humbucking and routed in parallel parallel, series, split i believe.
      Electronics: Seymour Duncan Basslines preamp. Push/Pull Volume/Pickup Pan Control (Part #M89252 -2 x 220K, 500K)* Treble Tone Control (Part #M85100 - 100K) Mid Tone Control (Part #M85100 - 100K) Bass Tone Control (Part #M85100 - 100K).
      By pulling on the volume knob you will activate the slap contour EQ curve on the Seymour Duncan Basslines preamp. This curve will boost the bass frequencies and the high fre-quencies, while slightly cutting the mid frequencies. Pulling the knob does not deactivate the active preamp. The Seymour Duncan preamp is considered  better than the more common MEC electronics.
      Sims LED's are fitted and are bright blue and really do go well with the colour of the bass.
      Body is swamp ash with a generous slab of flamed maple top. 
      Info from the Warwick serial number search:
      I :numb Serial Number: A-080914-01 Description:
      Corvette FNA, 4-string
      Ocean Blue Oil finish
      Swamp Ash / A Flamed Maple top body
      Ovangkol neck
      Gold hardware

Made in Germany

• By bassmitlinks
      Hi folks,
      i want to sell my Status S2 classic headless bass. It is a real player with an awsome tone. This nice instrument was built in 2002. Of course ist is used and got a few dings and dongs over the years, but nothing serious. There is a chip on the neck which can bother a bit.
      Following the specs:
      S2-Classic
      Headless 4-string, woven graphite through-neck.
      Fretted 34" scale. 19mm string spacing.
      3-piece body with figured Cocobolo facing,
      walnut tone-block and mahogany wings.
      Natural gloss lacquer.
      Status soap-bar pickups.
      3-band EQ with variable frequency midrange.
      Master volume, pickup blend control.
      Mono-rail bridge units.
      Gold hardware.
      I wish you all the best and take care.

• By stewblack
      SOLD 
      PRICE DROP TO £230 that's over two Trace Elliot watts to the pound.
      Ever decide to sell something only to get a sick feeling inside when you get to it? 
      Never understand why folk don't just keep the darn thing. Well in my case it's because I spent the money already. 
      So here goes. 
      Trace Elliot AH500X in used, gigged and worn cosmetic condition. But still able to do the job it was made for. Loud fan which has a quiet setting for those worried about such things. White caps missing from Graphic on/off and Mid cut controls, both work fine (see video)
      Heavy. I will post it but it won't be cheap. Socially distant pick up is available. 
      So what's under the bonnet? Two Trace Elliot 250 watt amps. Doesn't sound much does it? Ever heard a single 250 watt Trace kicking it out? Trust me you won't forget hearing two. 
      You can use both inputs and run them into their own speaker systems. You can use both amps with an internal crossover and send the upper frequency to a small cab and the lower to a big un. This how I use it. Each output is individually adjustable and it is a thing of wonder.
      Alternatively select mono bridged and put that GP 11 MK5 preamp through them together. 

Video - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1p-YjDfQDy6WUIWU7KsTf0k3pHwhWnDlN/view?usp=sharing
      Headphones advised! Bass content