Why become a member? ×

Zero-Mod Thumb Rest and New Pickguard Day

therealting

After a long weekend of gigs away and a fairly exhausting period in general, I finally got a chance to screw on my two new tort pickguards and also three Zero-Mod thumb rests onto a few of my basses.

The tort guards make such a huge difference to the look of the Yamaha BB435 and my ‘84 medium scale Precision, and the Zero-Mod thumb rests open up new sweet-spot tone options for those who like to anchor their thumb when playing. Of the two P ones, I prefer the more aggressively-shaped V2 version, and may get two more for my 61 and 64. The J version fit my Sadowsky perfectly; my medium scale Jazz is on loan to a friend so I’ll have to wait for that one to come back before I see if it can be added. 

141DC106-964D-4D39-9A6B-D0C9999D8C65.jpeg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, fretmeister said:

Where did you get the clear ramp from?

I'd like to get one for my Sandberg.

Egilegor Basses on eBay. I specified a custom pickup spacing and they were very helpful. It did arrive flat, and my tech radiused it for me. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 22/07/2019 at 16:22, therealting said:

the Zero-Mod thumb rests open up new sweet-spot tone options for those who like to anchor their thumb when playing.

Anybody know if Zero-Mod thumb rests are available on this side of the pond? I've seen them on flea-bay, but would like to try one on a Rick 4003 without doubling my outlay on import charges etc. Basically I'm not sure if it is exactly what I want, so it's a look, see and try type of thing.

Grateful any feedback from those who have them and have used them. Thanks.

VAT on anything over 15 GBP

Customs Duty on goods over 135 GBP

Postage, packaging,  insurance and duty count towards the VAT

Postage, packaging and insurance count towards duty

And don't forget the Post Office's ransom admin charge.

https://www.gov.uk/goods-sent-from-abroad/tax-and-duty

(I wasn't charged anything when I got one a few months ago).

Edited by MrCrane
  • Thanks 1

Exactly why when I order from overseas I tend to order enough that the ransom charge is worthwhile. Nothing more infuriating than paying £5 in postage and £4 in import charges and then £8 in handling fees! I’d rather pay £5 in postage and £30 in import fees and £8 in handling fees on several items.