Why become a member? ×

La Bella tape wound strings high C

ambient

I fancy trying a set of these. I have my bass tuned E to C. The La Bella set comes in the following gauge: 060, 070, 094, 115. The high C is a 042, which seems quite heavy for a high C, and quite a jump in gauge up to the the G.

Has anyone tried these, and know they feel?

I have a B-G set on my Lakland 5 string, but they’re the 50-130 (so a little lighter than your proposed gauge).

They don’t actually feel as heavy as the gauge suggests, they’re a fairly soft string (on account of them being tape-wounds), and they’re really low tension, so again, very easy to play.

Si

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sibob said:

I have a B-G set on my Lakland 5 string, but they’re the 50-130 (so a little lighter than your proposed gauge).

They don’t actually feel as heavy as the gauge suggests, they’re a fairly soft string (on account of them being tape-wounds), and they’re really low tension, so again, very easy to play.

Si

Thanks. So what gauges are the E to G please?

23 minutes ago, TheGreek said:

Status tapewounds are 40-125 or 45-130.

http://www.status-graphite.com/status/frames/long-nylon.html

You may need to speak to Dawn to see what they have in stock though. Basses with a 2x2 headstock will accept medium scale strings - again discuss this with Dawn. 

Thanks. I came across people recommending them last night, but couldn’t actually see them on their site. I’ll email them and ask.