Bobby D

Cataldo Fenderbird **JAEbird** SOLD
£750
S Wales

I’m at the point where I’m just gonna hang this on the wall as rock n roll furniture. 

• Like 2

Ok. I need some new gates made as the dog tried to murderdeathkill the postman on the weekend. The deposit for the metal, galv and powder coating is £450. 

£450 for a sale. 

Full fitted gator case with it. 

26 minutes ago, Bobby D said:

Ok. I need some new gates made as the dog tried to murderdeathkill the postman on the weekend. The deposit for the metal, galv and powder coating is £450. 

£450 for a sale. 

Full fitted gator case with it. 

Sorry to hear that about your situation with your dog and postie! 

Wow - that's an amazing deal for this bass with a quality hard case too! 

Can't believe it hadn't sold yet tbh, but surely now, someone will find this too good a deal to ignore? 

• Like 2

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By thanku
      PRICE DROP 760£ shipped instead of 880£ !
      Gibson Epiphone Thunderbird Elitist-Neck Thru Bass 2000 Ebony- Made in the same guitar plant as the custom Orville Basses were Made In Japan. This Thunderbird Bass is Neck Thru Bass and sounds great. A legendary design beautifully crafted. Low action, new strings, truss rod is working. Frets are in good condition too. Strung with d'Addario strings. 

Features :

Gotoh reverse tuners
      Rosewood fingerboard
      One-piece thru body mahogany neck
      34" scale
      38 mm bone nut
      20 frets
      Dual USA humbuckers
      2 volume, 1 tone controls
      Nickel hardware

• By chenzo_1
      This is an ’81 model, in clear nitro finish natural maple which has aged to a nice pale honey tone all over. The woodwork, finish, Gibson-branded Schaller tuners, and 3-point bridge are original. As you can probably see the pick-ups are not; the original black series V humbuckers were replaced 2 owners ago with chrome EB-3 type units (Japanese made, Allparts supplied), and the original Moog preamp replaced by what I was informed is a Bartolini 2-band EQ one. The brass nut and generic Gibson truss-rod cover are also not original, and rear battery cover is missing (One available on reverb). RD Artists have the classiest headstock on any bass ever I reckon, the Gibson logo and “flying note” inlay are real mother-of-pearl.  

The controls are; vol / vol / treble boost-cut / bass boost-cut, p/u select (neck/both/bridge), with micro-switches for active/passive (wish every active bass had one!), and phase invert.

Quite simply there is nothing that looks like these basses, or sounds like this one. They are heavy – a big solid chunk of maple, but really ergonomic – if you play fingerstyle (as I mostly do) you can rest your palm on the upper body cut-out whilst doodling away on the strings; so comfortable. Set neck, body-through stringing, extra-long scale (34.5”), and dense maple body means it sustains for ever. Versatile: you can get the muscular EB-3 sound (think Jack Bruce, Jim Lea, Andy Fraser….) but with more punch and top end available, rather more Fender P. The preamp is very effective and hum free but I almost invariably use it passive – just such a rich, growly, ringing tone. I reckon the chrome p/ups look so much more right on an old Gibson too. 
       Unlike Thunderbirds these don't suffer from neck dive; nicely balanced.  Due to the construction and xtra long scale makes them ideal for drop-tuning malarky such as BEAD.
      It's a bit of a beast coming in at 11lbs/5kg so not for the faint hearted.  Comes with carry case made from a keyboard bag full customised to house the bass snuggly.   Due to the size and length of the neck I cannot find a hard case, believe me I have looked. 

Based in London and work near reading.  Pickup much preferred due to lack of hard case, I can meet within reasonable distance and exchange ( Buyer to cover fuel costs).  
      Will consider postage as last resort.

After £1000 no trades unless Sandberg VM4 

• By azumi
      Got this recently, but unfortunately I need to raise fund - so this awesome bass is now for sale.
      Like new Mike Lull non -reverse thunderbird NRT5 custom.  A piece of art, pure vintage sound.  Very lightweight under 4kg.  Custom 34" scale.  With original hard case. 
      In terms of ergonomics, the Thunderbird is similar to other Lull - it feels nicely balance and the design and workmanship are superb.
      In terms of tone, the pickups give you that awesome and iconic Thunderbird sound. In don't have my own soundclips but the reverse Thunderbird uses the same pickups as Lull's other Thunderbird basses:

Of course the Mike Lull made the bass to sound as close to the original Gibson Thunderbird ...

...but without the neck dive which the original Thunderbirds are known to have. You can read more about the non-reversed Thunderbirds on the link below:
      http://mikelull.com/site/instruments/basses/bass-NRT4_NRT5.html

I'm  based in London.

• By Rickytwo
      ***** PRICE REDUCTION - £750 *****

Retirement Sale of unused equipment collected over too many years !!
      Offered here is my as new 2006 Gibson Thunderbird Studio in Cherry. Manufactured in Nashville USA
      This is as "unplayed" and flawless for what is a 13 year old guitar. It's just been sat at home loved, but unplayed, which is a shame as it's so much more than just eye candy.
      Case is as new too.
      Collect or meet within 30 miles of Mansfield

• By mcnach
      I never even played one before...
      But I'm finding myself wanting a white one really badly, and go out and "rawk"...
      I blame Pete Way. 
      Please tell me they are terrible and I shouldn't bother! 😄

edit: ... and I ended up with a Sandberg VM4