Why become a member? ×

Anyone want to borrow a five string?

waynepunkdude

OK, arrived here safe and sound today - looking forward to a good old play around. I'm tempted to use it for rehearsal tonight but maybe that can wait until next week, once I am used to it, so I don't sound a complete nonce.

Wayne, that colour is actually quite revolting - what were you thinking?

:)

[quote name='Paul S' post='501123' date='May 29 2009, 05:19 PM']OK, arrived here safe and sound today - looking forward to a good old play around. I'm tempted to use it for rehearsal tonight but maybe that can wait until next week, once I am used to it, so I don't sound a complete nonce.

Wayne, that colour is actually quite revolting - what were you thinking?

:)[/quote]
Not a looker is she.

I did buy some strings for it but this happened [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?s=&showtopic=3283&view=findpost&p=495209"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?s=&sho...st&p=495209[/url]

That's really weird. Ripping someone off a few grand you could almost understand but not that paltry amount.

The jack plug has got pretty loose - is it ok if I take the back off and tighten it up? Doesn't look like a complicated job, even for a technophobe like me.

[quote name='Paul S' post='501891' date='May 30 2009, 08:34 PM']That's really weird. Ripping someone off a few grand you could almost understand but not that paltry amount.

The jack plug has got pretty loose - is it ok if I take the back off and tighten it up? Doesn't look like a complicated job, even for a technophobe like me.[/quote]

Go right ahead buddy.

All done here. I used her exclusively all last week at home and for 3hrs during last night's rehearsal. More than enough time to reach the conclusion that, for me, there is one string too many on that fat neck.

Here she is, just got in from the car this morning, complete with stickers (guess which one I put on...). And I have to say that she plays and sounds better than she looks :)

[attachment=26568:waynebass.jpg]

Wayne - thanks a billion. I would never had known how I felt about a 5er without living together and you have saved me a fortune.

So - who is next up? can you send me a PM and we'll arrange delivery etc. I'll try and blag a box from a music shop as the current one is getting a bit scruffy.

I wonder, if you got a cheap LED fitted, whether the whole thing would glow in the dark?

Edited by Paul S

Wonderful Wesley is now with me!

Paul, always nice to meet another Basschatter. Hope it all goes well with the covers band.

First impressions of Wesley are different to what I was expecting - I was expecting to find the fifth string confusing to play and only useful as a thumbrest, but instead I'm playing across the strings more instead of up and down them. Damn wide neck though. Looking forward to seeing how things develop over the next few days.

The only downside is I'm going to have to trim my sticker to fit.

(Edited for usual Clauster typos)

Edited by clauster