Left leaderboard
silverfoxnik

SOLD: 2004 Gibson Thunderbird IV Bass & OHSC SOLD
£735
Littlehampton, West Sussex, UK

Posted (edited)

Bass is on now SOLD. 

Hi Folks

Here for sale is my 2004 USA made Gibson Thunderbird Bass Guitar & original Gibson Case which is in excellent condition and very good working order. I'm looking for £735 or very near offer for this classic bass. See attached pictures for more detail about condition.

I bought this second-hand, 2 years ago, specifically for using with my last band, which covered a lot of classic rock tunes - anything from AC/DC to Zeppelin to the Foo Fighters - and it was just perfect for it! Plugged in, this is 'super thumpy' and powerful sounding - much more so in fact than the T-Bird Custom that I had for a while that @Billy Apple had made with the '66 Thunderbucker pick ups in it (though that was a great bass too)..

Having said that, I've also used this bass in a different band setting playing more groove based, funky stuff, and it was great in that too...just change the balance between the two pick ups, and away you go - it's as funky and punchy as hell! It's also nice and lightweight and very comfortable to play - great for long gigs in fact

Designed and built in the USA in 2004, it's a neck-through design with Gibson hardware and electronics and IMO, is very well made .. Have to say that I've read and heard a lot about the bridge design on these being a bit underwhelming, so much so that changing the bridge and tail piece improves tone and sustain etc..   but that's not been my experience of it to be honest - this has more than enough sustain and tone for any kind of music!

Here's a link to some blurb for the new models: https://www.gibson.com/Guitar/USAKUC232/Thunderbird-Bass

As to why I'm selling, the band I mentioned above folded last December and as a result, this lovely T-Bird is not getting any use at all, so I feel it's best to move it on.

So, here are some links to Talkbass and YouTube for further info and a chance to hear these in action. 

https://www.talkbass.com/threads/for-those-considering-a-gibson-thunderbird.1310836/

https://youtu.be/KtmSY3rr62I

https://youtu.be/_XBYKd9y1pU

https://youtu.be/UiISSgwLtL4

In terms of price and making a deal, this bass owes my about £750 and new they're about £1800, so I hope I've got the price set at a reasonably fair level. I'll also throw in a T-Bird gig bag that I bought especially for this from Thomman which cost me an addition £27 including postage. (See here: https://www.thomann.de/gb/thomann_gigbag1_bass_heavy.htm)

On that point, I would be prepared to courier this at buyer's expense if absolutely necessary, but would much rather it was collected in person - either here in Littlehampton, West Sussex where tea & biccies are in ample supply - or at a mutually convenient rendezvous point.. 

Any other questions, please ask away here or send me a PM. Oh, and just to say please check out my feedback here:

Thanks for looking! :)

TBird body angled.jpg

TBird full length b.jpg

TBird back full length.jpg

TBird Headstock 2.jpg

TBird Headstock.jpg

Gibson TBird serial number.jpg

TBird full length c.jpg

Edited by silverfoxnik
Bass now SOLD
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, silverfoxnik said:

I'd prefer a straight sale to be honest @Bassislife16, but it depends what you have in mind I suppose.. 😊

Pm’d Mate

58 minutes ago, Bassislife16 said:

Good luck with the sale sir, it’s a stunner! 

Thanks 😊

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By silverfoxnik
      Hi Folks, 
      This is a bit of a feeler really as I have my eye on something else.. 
      So, this is - as far as I can tell from the serial number - a Made in Japan Fender Precision bass, circa 1991/2.
      I'm looking for £SOLD or very near offer for this beauty. 
      It sounds and looks great, has a beautiful Ash body and a slim, almost Jazz like maple neck and is in brilliant condition for a 27 year old bass.
      It's everything a 70s P Bass should be IMHO ! 😊
      Full disclosure ; there's one tiny ding on the neck which I'll try to photograph tomorrow when there's hopefully some decent light..
      It has been set up professionally and is currently strung with a set of Rotosound steels.  Comes with a functional hard case. 
      As ever, I'd prefer to sell this to someone who could come and try it out in person here in Littlehampton West Sussex first however, I am prepared to ship it at buyer's expense by insured courier service. 
      If you've any questions, please PM me or ask away here and I'll try to get back to you ASAP.
      I am away in Birmingham from tomorrow afternoon for 3 days , so please bear in mind that I may not be able to answer certain questions.. 
      Thanks for looking as ever! 😊
      Nik 

• By silverfoxnik
      Hi Folks 
      I'm selling this Ibanez Musician Studio Fretless Bass on behalf of a friend of mine who's had it in his recording studio for many years but now wants to move it on. 
      Was up for £675, but It's now offered for sale at £595. 
      As can be seen in the photos, the bass and the case are in good condition for their age, considering they're getting on for 40 years old.  
      I think the bass is the lined fretless version of the Ibanez Musician ST924WN model, as can be seen here in this Reverb advert a few years ago:
      https://reverb.com/uk/item/1098372-ibanez-musician-studio-bass-st924wn-1979-walnut-mahogany
      But hopefully, @Bassassin might be able to offer some words of wisdom on this and put me right if I've got it wrong .. 😁
      The bass has recently had a once over by a local guitar/bass tech, so all the electrics are working and it's properly set up. Strings are old though, so they will need changing by its new owner. 
      Having said that, this bass really has that fretless 'mwahh' sound and it's got seriously loud pick ups! There's a great range of tones available from the active circuitry too.. 
      For anyone seriously interested, the bass can be viewed and tested by prior appointment in the Littlehampton area of West Sussex. 
      With regards to shipping, its definitely possible to send it via an insured courier service (at buyers expense), but it is a heavy bass as I'm sure anyone looking at this advert with a serious interest in the bass will know.
      I haven't weighed it, but it is heavy!! It's kind of like a Rolls Royce of a bass really - everything about it is quality and it's been built to last! 
      Anyway, if you've any questions about the bass, please send me a PM and I'll go back to the owner to get you an answer, though that may take a few hours or so depending on his availability.
      Thanks for looking! 😊
      Nik 

• By silverfoxnik
      Hi Folks 
      So, this really, really is a feeler, but as I said in another for sale thread, I have my eye on something else, so am putting this beautiful example of a Fender Roscoe Beck 5 String & OHSC for sale. 
      I'm looking for £SOLD or very near offer for this beautiful Fender signature series bass, which many have described as the best Fender 5 string bass ever made. 
      The bass is in superb condition and has one ding on the underside of the body which hopefully can be seen in the photos. 
      A completely passive bass, it has two double wound Bill Lawrence pick-ups that offer you series/parallel/single configuration for each pick-up , offering you a plethora of sounds/tones from standard Jazz Bass to the most modern Humbucker sounds. It's perhaps a little bit darker tonally than a standard Jazz bass, but with stainless steel round wounds, this bass works with any genre of music and any type of band.
      Here's a great thread about the RBV bass on TalkBass: 
      https://www.talkbass.com/threads/roscoe-beck-bass-v-5-string.38034/?amp=1012489606
      And here are some YouTube links:

The bass is currently strung and set up by mecto my taste, which means it has quite a high action and heavier gauge Carvin strings, so it would definitely benefit from a professional set up.. On that point and just to clarify, the truss rod is working perfectly so that won't be a problem.
      As ever, I'd prefer to sell this to someone who could come and try it out in person here in Littlehampton West Sussex first however, I am prepared to ship it at buyer's expense by insured courier service. 
      If you've any questions, please PM me or ask away here and I'll try to get back to you ASAP.
      I am away in Birmingham from tomorrow afternoon for 3 days , so please bear in mind that I may not be able to answer certain questions until I get back.
      Advertised elsewhere btw, and I reserve the right to change my mind as I really do love the RBVs that I've had over the last 12 years... but that dreaded GAS does come along to fry the common sense circuitry in my brain from time to time.. 
      Thanks for looking as ever 😊
      Nik 

• By TAzMilitello
      FOR SALE this awesome Steinberger XQ-5, made in USA. Ash body, famous Graphite composite neck.
      The serial is TN-16069, model XQSTD5CB, cherry burst, dated June 2, 1996, before of Steinberger by "Music Yo" with Moses neck and that has almost nothing to do with the famous Steinberger instruments.
      Completely original except for the preamp which is a Sadowsky equivalent with the possibility of Active/Passive mode, purchased separately (), and a screw at the top of the bolt-on which has been replaced and has a double battery compartment.
      This model with the Bartolini has a really good attack but a more balanced and softer sound than the brothers with Duncan or EMG.
      Perfectly working. Original soft case included.
      Built in the famous Tennessee plant, under the supervision of Gibson who had taken over the company and who continued to use the components of the previous Q5 models. Definitely more aesthetically pleasing (for this reason in fact Gibson had imposed a change of products line), and lighter as it has an ash body, with a very firm and balanced sound, with woods supplied directly by Gibson stocks, they are in fact even better balanced compared to the previous Q models that instead have a maple body.
      Foreign Currency: about payments different from the Euros currency you can pay by clicking using this ►Transferwise bank transfer◄ link.
      ABOUT SHIPPING:
      Bass is located in Italy (Sicily). No problems for international fast shipping (following prices including shockproof packaging):
      To Italy: 30€ (1/2 working days) To Ireland/Great Britain: 60€ (4/5 working days) To Germany and Austria: 45€ (3/4 working days) To Spain: 60€ (4/5 working days) To France: 65€ (4/5 working days) To Lithuania: 75€ (4/5 working days) To Romania: 80€ (4/5 working days) To Belgium, Luxembourg and the Netherlands: 65€ (3/4 working days) To Czech Republic (CZ): 80€ (4/5 working days) To USA and Canada: 110€ (6/8 working days)

• By azumi
      Got this recently, but unfortunately I need to raise fund - so this awesome bass is now for sale.
      Like new Mike Lull non -reverse thunderbird NRT5 custom.  A piece of art, pure vintage sound.  Very lightweight under 4kg.  Custom 34" scale.  With original hard case. 
      In terms of ergonomics, the Thunderbird is similar to other Lull - it feels nicely balance and the design and workmanship are superb.
      In terms of tone, the pickups give you that awesome and iconic Thunderbird sound. In don't have my own soundclips but the reverse Thunderbird uses the same pickups as Lull's other Thunderbird basses:

Of course the Mike Lull made the bass to sound as close to the original Gibson Thunderbird ...

...but without the neck dive which the original Thunderbirds are known to have. You can read more about the non-reversed Thunderbirds on the link below:
      http://mikelull.com/site/instruments/basses/bass-NRT4_NRT5.html

I'm  based in London.