spyder

SOLD.. Patrick Eggle 5 String Milan Pro Bass with Case.
£800
Sandhurst, Berkshire, UK

I'm at home all of this week recovering from an operation in sunny Sandhurst ( near M3 and M4 ).

Edited by spyder

On 25/05/2019 at 13:18, spyder said:

Sorry measured again and the spacing is around 17 18mm with a plastic ruler and the nut width is 49mm.

Also comes with a set of pre cut strings worth £25.00. 

Many thanks, Marc. I wish I could justify this, but I really need to be sensible! 

Cheers, 

Tobie

On 28/05/2019 at 17:29, tobiewharton said:

Many thanks, Marc. I wish I could justify this, but I really need to be sensible! 

Cheers, 

Tobie

Not a problem Tobie. 

Regards Marc 

Edited by spyder

22 hours ago, mrfunky said:

Edited by spyder

On 28/05/2019 at 19:30, mrfunky said:

And those are the times one wishes to live in England!

I can post. 

On 28/05/2019 at 19:30, mrfunky said:

And those are the times one wishes to live in England!

In these current times any sane person wouldn't want to live in England! 

6 minutes ago, binky_bass said:

In these current times any sane person wouldn't want to live in England! 

To true. 

I'll just pack my suitcase. Lol

It was just for the bass’ sake... outside of that, just pack all your basses, Lake District, whisky and come over here ;)

And there's me with a MOOG Little Phatty for sale. Gotta say im a little tempted but my 5 string itch is more than satisfied by my Status. Trouble is the lady wife will kill me if another bass comes through the door...she thinks 4 is the sign of megalomania. I say no,if you need an example of this, choose any dictator from the past 100 years. Besides who NEEDS 20 pairs of shoes....Imelda. This has taken on additional poignancy as shes from Manila.  Shes still not talking to me and this last exchange was last tuesday......shame also cos i used to live near Mr Eggles factory in Bodmin Road many years ago. He was something of a local legend...tipped to supplant PRS in england in fact, we all hoped!

9 hours ago, basslondon said:

And there's me with a MOOG Little Phatty for sale. Gotta say im a little tempted but my 5 string itch is more than satisfied by my Status. Trouble is the lady wife will kill me if another bass comes through the door...she thinks 4 is the sign of megalomania. I say no,if you need an example of this, choose any dictator from the past 100 years. Besides who NEEDS 20 pairs of shoes....Imelda. This has taken on additional poignancy as shes from Manila.  Shes still not talking to me and this last exchange was last tuesday......shame also cos i used to live near Mr Eggles factory in Bodmin Road many years ago. He was something of a local legend...tipped to supplant PRS in england in fact, we all hoped!

Hi Craig,

Your little Phatty would be my ideal trade but I totality understand that your wife must control how many basses you own. My wife can't understand why anyone would need more than ONE !

I visited the Eggle factory in 1993 and could not afford their basses at the time. If I didn't have the Warrior I would keep the Eggle. 

If I can sell my Taurus 4x10 cab I will knock on your door and take the Phatty off your hands.

Marc 

• Thanks 1

Crazy weekend price as I've seen something I wish to buy. 

Edited by spyder

One last try. 

£500 collected. 

This is an excellent boutique bass with a smooth and punchy sound. 

Easy playing slim neck and a very musical active eq section. 

Would see off most £1500 basses. This is a true bargain at this price. 

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Steve Brisley
      2019 MusicMan Stingray V 3EQ Active Bass Guitar. White with Maple neck.
      This was my dream bass and I'm reluctant to sell, however .I'm moving to NYC
      Available to pick up in Lincoln.
      Apart from a tiny dink on the neck which I've tried to capture that doesn't affect playing whatsoever this 12 month old bass is in great condition 

• By theshape101
      Now £975!!!

Up for sale is this great Neuser Courage 5 string bass. I’m having a bit a of clear out so want to sell a few basses and I actually have 2 of these Neuser basses so this one must go. These are great playing and sounding basses and were handmade in Slovakia but they’re no longer made so are getting harder to come by these days!

Specs:
      Alder Body wings
      Birdseye Maple top
      Neck thru construction
      9 piece Maple neck with stringers
      Ebony fingerboard
      24 frets
      34” scale
      18mm adjustable string spacing
      Bartolini pickups
      Bartolini 3 band pre with mid freq selection
      9.7lbs (4.4kg)
      Comes with a hard case. 

I’m not looking for any trades.

• By MarshallBTB
      I need this gone, so I will look at postage options for anyone seriously interested, UK only for now. Give me a message if you're interested

Selling this awesome bass, only because it's not getting used as I finally got the Stingray Classic I've been looking for!
      Price £950
      Been used a lot but in great condition.
      Has a few scuffs here and there, worst being marks around the jack socket, and a small chip in the front top contour.
      Had a couple of nuts break on me so ended up getting one cut(still compensated) Its solid and it's never broken since! Have photographed the worst bits. All cosmetic ofcourse, absolutely no issues with the performance of the bass at all. 
      It sounds awesome, can get a great range from the pickups/eq, always ended up being bass I used for any recording or studio work. Nice weight, with a decent strap its never been an issue, feels nice and solid.
      Have the Musicman hardcase for it too.
      Not prepared to post, at least for now. Welcome to come and give it a play. 
      Given it a nice clean up and a set up. Strung with month old Ernie Ball strings. 
      *Weighed on bathroom scales and its around 5kg. Probably just over, it's a bit of a beast! But it's worth it, and with a decent strap it's not a problem. 
      Any questions please ask! 

• By Basilpea
      Only bought this a few weeks ago, then found an MB2.  Condition is as new in original packing as sent from Germany.  Plays well, it has the original strings supplied but deserves some better ones.  Mirror finish (makes it difficult to photograph).  Thomann's current price is £925
      Can post to UK address for £20.  Collection OK when government guidance permits. 5-String Electric Bass
      Top, sides and back: Maple 4-Piece laminated neck: Maple with ekanga veneer stripes Fretboard: Wenge Fretboard radius: 660 mm Frets: 21 Extra high, nickel silver, jumbo Scale: 866 mm (long scale) Just a Nut III (made from Tedur) Nut width: 45 mm Pickups: Passive MEC Vintage single coils Passive electronics Controls: 2 Volume & 2 Tone 3-Way toggle switch for pickup selection Machine heads: Warwick Bridge: 2-Piece Warwick String spacing: 16.5 mm Distance B to G-string: 66 mm Hardware: Chrome Warwick Security Locks Weight: 3.9 kg Original strings: Warwick RED (42301 M) .045" - .135" Colour: Black solid high-gloss  

Further Information
      Colour Black Soundboard Maple Neck Maple, Ekanga Fretboard Wenge Frets 21 Scale Long Scale Pickup System SS Elektronic Passives

• By 6feet7
      Price drop to £850
      An absolutely stunning example with matching headstock Maruszczyk Jake 5+ P/MM that is around 7lbs / 3.2Kg in weight,
      Fitted with passive Delano MC5 HE/M2 and PC5 HE/M2 pickups and comes with a Hiscox hard case.
      New D'Addario nickel rounds fitted but I can include some used DR Sunbeams if you'd prefer.
      18mm string spacing at the bridge
      Bought from the Gallery a few months ago (I've used their photo's as they are better than mine) and had Adrian at Maruszcyk paint the headstock the same colour as the body.
      No trades
      Couriers are still delivering at the moment, so posting isn’t an issue.
      If you've ever wanted a lightweight 5 stringer that weighs so little that a 2 or 3 hour set leaves little to no impression on your ageing shoulders, then this is the bass to have