Why become a member? ×

To go - portable minidisk recorder and minidisks

Mottlefeeder

I am about to move from Minidisk to solid state WAV/MP3 recording, so my old gear will be sitting around doing nothing from Christmas onwards.

I have a Sony MZ-R37 portable minidisk recorder, in working order, and just over 50 minidisks. If anyone wants either, or both, for the cost of the postage, please let me know.

David

[quote name='Mottlefeeder' post='353284' date='Dec 13 2008, 12:18 AM']I am about to move from Minidisk to solid state WAV/MP3 recording, so my old gear will be sitting around doing nothing from Christmas onwards.

I have a Sony MZ-R37 portable minidisk recorder, in working order, and just over 50 minidisks. If anyone wants either, or both, for the cost of the postage, please let me know.

David[/quote]

Interested in this. Gotta be ok for recording practice right?

Oli

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='353289' date='Dec 13 2008, 12:27 AM']Interested in this. Gotta be ok for recording practice right?

Oli[/quote]
OK, Oli was first, so he has first refusal.

The minidisk recorder comes with a mini (mono) microphone, built into a 3.5 mm jack plug. With that, you can use the recorder set to record in mono for twice the time of a standard minidisk, so you have 144 minutes per disk. It runs on AA batteries, or a Sony walkman 4.5 V wallwart.

Our band rehearses in an L shape, with the drums in the corner and the microphone picks up everyone, just sitting on the edge of my music stand.

Alternatively it will take a stereo mic, or a stereo feed from the desk.

Unless you want to build up an archive, you probably won't need 50 disks, but you have first call if you think you will.