Why become a member? ×

Warwick Thumb 87 JD model

warwickhunt

I have to visit Solihull on Sunday to collect a bass so if anyone would like to buy my Thumb bass and you live anywhere on the M1 corridor between Newcastle and Solihull, I can deliver in person!

Make me an offer between now and then and we'll see what we can do.

Pics and details here... [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=29035&hl=thumb"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=29035&hl=thumb[/url]

Edited by warwickhunt

[quote name='josh3184' post='353524' date='Dec 13 2008, 01:12 PM']apparently :huh: if this was lefty then you might have had a pm already though :)[/quote]

Dare to be different... turn it upside down and restring it (actually very easy as the bridge saddles and nut screws will just swap around) :huh:

Well, I love the 87 JD I own (I've never encountered a more playable 4-string) and I live just up the road from Solihull. I'm a bit strapped for cash though, I suppose you'd want a bit more than a tenner and half a packet of wine gums?

[quote name='tauzero' post='353554' date='Dec 13 2008, 01:56 PM']Well, I love the 87 JD I own (I've never encountered a more playable 4-string) and I live just up the road from Solihull. I'm a bit strapped for cash though, I suppose you'd want a bit more than a tenner and half a packet of wine gums?[/quote]

A [b]HALF[/b] of a packet... some people take the p*ss on here! :)

OK as it happens my best laid plans went awry (no new bass for Johnnie-Poos) and no-one took me up on my offer of free personal door to door delivery any way! :)

This bass still needs a new home so if anyone fancies treating themselves to a Crimbo pressie, it's here for the taking. :huh:

You're not after any (six string) guitars are you? That's about all I have to trade I'm afraid... (Unless you're into mountain biking...)
Despite having a 'wick Corvette, I now want another Warwick, so there ARE some people out there who want Warwicks, so don't lose heart...

[quote name='Chipps' post='355547' date='Dec 16 2008, 12:38 AM']You're not after any (six string) guitars are you? That's about all I have to trade I'm afraid... (Unless you're into mountain biking...)
Despite having a 'wick Corvette, I now want another Warwick, so there ARE some people out there who want Warwicks, so don't lose heart...[/quote]

I have a couple skinny strings (70's Epi Sheraton/Parker Fly P38/Taylor Big Baby/S&P 12 string) for noodling on and for little bits of work so I'm probably OK in that respect but just in case it's something that might float my boat you can PM me what you have.

Oddly enough I think Wicks are starting to turn a corner and I've had some interest lately. Christmas is one of those weird periods where there are some tightening their belts to spend cash on their families and a handful of others looking to splash cash to get something for themselves!

[quote name='Chipps' post='358957' date='Dec 19 2008, 04:56 PM']I didn't think that Italy was on the way to Solihull anyway :)

Still a fine bass, but probably way over my limit of funds...[/quote]

Nah, a guy from the Warwick forum contacted me last weekend and wanted the bass but before we completed the sale (luckily for him) the timing belt on his car went, causing a HUGE repair bill. Nice to know that Italian garages are as expensive as over here. :huh:

[quote name='Gunsfreddy2003' post='362834' date='Dec 24 2008, 02:48 PM']Just managed to sell mine on the 'bay for a pretty good price - at long last!

Mark[/quote]

Nice one. :)

I'm not desperate to drop the price on mine in order to sell, so I'll hang fire till later next year if need be.