Why become a member? ×

Ashdown ABM300-C115 Combo £250 incl. !!!!!!!

eubassix

Ashdown ABM300-C115 Combo
One of the original Ashdown (UK) 300W rms combo amps with a 15" speaker (+ tweeter/horn). It's the earlier model with the retangular (indented/concealed) handles. Still performing well and very clean & unmarked considering the age. All the (myriad of) controls and features / FX work still perfectly (including the VU Meter and the Sub / Octave effect!!). Just a few nicks in the tolex and small wear marks here and there - photos are accurate (recent). The 15" speaker performs well throughout the range and is great for bottom-end and when using the Sub-effect. It has a very full smooth sound. The fan makes a bit of noise but it doesn't effect the sound of the amp.
Specs/Features:(1) Front-Panel - H/L input channels + Vol., Meter Level, Clean-grind + in/out (Tube distortion - not at all bad, if you like that sort of thing!), EQ in/out, SUB (Octave) in/out + Mix, D.I. pre-post EQ, Mute Button, Output (Vol.), EQ = B + M + T plus 4x intermediate slider controls (one rubber button missing). (2) Rear Panel - 2x Speaker outputs, Mute F/s for Output & Sub, Line Input L & R + level, FX send & return. Fan.
Specs from the Ashdown website (for the evo-II)
Power Output (RMS) 325W
Power Requirement 230 / 115V
Speaker Configuration 1 x 15" bass driver
Frequency Response -3dB at 17Hz and 30kHz
Speaker Outputs Minimum impedance 4 Ohms
High Instrument Input Impedance 3.9m Ohms, input range 150mV - 20mV p-p
Low Instrument Input Impedance 10k Ohms, input range 300mV - 40V p-p
Line Input Impedance 22k Ohms, input level 0dBu nominal
Sub Output Impedance 1k Ohms, level 0dBu Nominal
DI Output 600 Ohms balanced, level 0dBu nominal
Tuner Output Impedance 22k Ohms, level 0dBu nominal
EQ Bass +/-15dB @ 45Hz
Middle +/-15dB @ 660Hz
Treble +/-15dB @ 7kHz shelving
Slider 1 +/-15dB @ 180Hz
Slider 2 +/-15dB @ 340Hz
Slider 3 +/-15dB @ 1.3kHz
Slider 4 +/-15dB @ 2.6kHz
Shape (Push Flat) +8dB @ 50Hz & 4kHz, -8dB @ 400Hz, filter slope - 6dB/octave
Effects Send Impedance 22k Ohms, level 0dBu nominal
Effects Return Impedance 22k Ohms, input level 0dBu Nominal
H x W x D (mm) 587 x 610 x 335
Weight (kg) 26
Link: [url="http://www.bassemporium.com/item.php?sku=ABM115COMBO"]http://www.bassemporium.com/item.php?sku=ABM115COMBO[/url]
Price £295 + Courier (should be around £25 hopefully. I can package well and leave handle-access for ease of lifting/shifting)... down to £300 incl.
..a dn to [b]£250[/b] (incl) or [b]£230[/b] local collection/delivery

Edited by eubassix

No longer ON-HOLD as the promised payment (Friday) has not materialised + no reply to PM's since (!!!!)

Frustrating, as it's been on-hold for a week when potentially interested & genuine BC'ers might have bought.

£295 + (so approx. £320 with Courier).

I was seriously interested in this, but it was 'on hold' at the time. Ended up buying a Trace 300w 12 band 2x10 combo which I'm very happy with. Good luck with the sale.

[quote name='jaythemusicguy' post='360478' date='Dec 21 2008, 08:57 PM']where are you man? and would you be interested in trades?[/quote]

Based in NE (Teeside - bit of a way from you!) - sorry, I'll add this to my basic profile/post (.. thought it was there!).

Not really looking for trade/s, but if you mention (post or PM) then you never know (!).

[quote name='bassman2790' post='360637' date='Dec 22 2008, 12:22 AM']I was seriously interested in this, but it was 'on hold' at the time.......[/quote]

Yeh, that's what I was afraid might have happened (no thanks to BC member who siad he'd have it and pay on 19th) - but thanks for the best wishes and good to hear you managed to find something suitable.

[quote name='bassman2790' post='360637' date='Dec 22 2008, 12:22 AM']I was seriously interested in this, but it was 'on hold' at the time. Ended up buying a Trace 300w 12 band 2x10 combo which I'm very happy with. Good luck with the sale.[/quote]

MB1. :)
Did you have that Trace when i delivered your Yamaha BB?
BUMP!

[quote name='Matte_black' post='369857' date='Jan 4 2009, 12:46 PM']It's a lovely amp... strange it's still available. If I sold one of my bass I'd probably be interested :)[/quote]

Thanks Matte - hope you can swing it. I'm also surprised that it hasn't gone - but possible sales were missed early-on due to a total timewaster.