Why become a member? ×

Interesting Maya Ripper copy

Nibody

This is very interesting - it's not a Ripper copy, it's a G3, and I've absolutely never seen one before. Without seeing under the scratchplate, tbh I'm leaning towards thinking it's a (fairly common) standard Grabber copy that's been modded to G3 spec with the scratchplate & pickups.

That said, the pickups are interesting because they're neither real, nor copies of G3 units by the looks, instead they're very close, if not identical to the transparent covered single-coil types fitted to Marauder guitar copies made by Chushin Gakki - the factory which made Maya.

If it's a factory G3 copy then I'm surprised at never having come across one before - Chushin were incredibly prolific and sold under dozens of different names. Highly curious.

11 hours ago, Bassassin said:

This is very interesting - it's not a Ripper copy, it's a G3, and I've absolutely never seen one before. Without seeing under the scratchplate, tbh I'm leaning towards thinking it's a (fairly common) standard Grabber copy that's been modded to G3 spec with the scratchplate & pickups.

That said, the pickups are interesting because they're neither real, nor copies of G3 units by the looks, instead they're very close, if not identical to the transparent covered single-coil types fitted to Marauder guitar copies made by Chushin Gakki - the factory which made Maya.

If it's a factory G3 copy then I'm surprised at never having come across one before - Chushin were incredibly prolific and sold under dozens of different names. Highly curious.

I probably meant Grabber.. always get mixed up 😳 must be rare if you haven't seen one before.