Why become a member? ×

Automated eBay Trading

Unknown_User

I'm sure I read something on here the other day about websites or applications that automatically throw bids in at the last second that are like 1p over the highest current bid, thus winning the day with no time for others to react.  Unfortunately I can't remember what it was called, what software it was and I'm brand new to eBay and confused generally.

Are there any vulture fund, disaster capitalist algo traders out there who can point me in the right direction for how to out-snide Internet people for cheap access to goods?

Thanks in advance! đŸ»

Well there's bidtamer.

I've had a login there for years. IIRC it gives you a few free 'snipes' per month, or you can pay for unlimited use.

I've only used it occasionally. Probably should have used it more, as I've missed a few things recently.

I don't think there's any secret to last-minute bidding. I've heard people coming up with all sorts of strategy, like putting in an early bid to scare other folks off (!?) - but IMHO there's nothing better than placing your bid as late as possible. Which isn't always possible.

:crazy:

Edited by Ricky 4000
  • Thanks 1

On 26/03/2019 at 16:55, dannybuoy said:

Gixen.com

Thanks.  I've signed up to gixen.com and it looks like I've got it all set up.  The question is how do you pay if you win?  I haven't saved my card details into eBay so if I win the bid through that will it fail because I haven't set up a payment method?

Sorry, I'm a total novice at this eBay thing!