Why become a member? ×

Boss RC-2 Loop station

Bass-ic

From what I gather, the only issue with the RC-2 is that the single pedal format is too restrictive for what a looper pedal has to do. I own a RC-20XL and the two pedals give you tap tempo, delete, reset, overdub,record and undo functions.

I may be talking crap of course.

I had the RC-2 (for a couple of hours) and hated it.

The drum sounds are appalling, the quantizing function is not a feature but a bug IMHO, and the footswitch reacted rather randomly. I took it back to the shop the next day.

I recently got the Akai Headrush which is a rather basic looper but miles better than the RC-2 IMHO. Works like a charm - does exactly what you tell it to, doubles as a nifty delay/tape echo and is a lot cheaper than the Boss. (Yes, it´s a good deal bigger and heavier, but that´s a non-issue for me.) Highly recommended.

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='349896' date='Dec 9 2008, 04:42 PM']I've got the Digitech JamMan model which is excellent. It's really easy to get a "Victa" style loop going & very controllable.[/quote]
Can i load wav files/loops from my P.C. onto the jamman,anyone no? I know you can transfer from the jamman to the P.C. but what about vice versa.

[quote name='YouMa' post='351876' date='Dec 11 2008, 03:53 PM']Can i load wav files/loops from my P.C. onto the jamman,anyone no? I know you can transfer from the jamman to the P.C. but what about vice versa.[/quote]

Yes you can. The Jamman comes with a CompactFlash card and slot, so you could just bung the card into your PC and save WAVs onto it. The blurb used to say it supported 2GB, but flash sizes have shot up - you can get 8GB IIRC.

Very handy.