PUREJOYPEOPLE

Bi-amping/dual amping

22 hours ago, Painy said:

Just plugged this in at home for the first time this evening. 

Ashdown ABM500 through a pair of Aguilar DB112 cabs for the lows and a Laney Vc100 all valve head through a Laney IRT212 cab for the highs. 

You might be surprised to hear that it's quite loud. 😐

IMG_20190310_162228.jpg

Whoa! I'm shocked that it's load haha! Looks beast :)  I want to make it big just so I can go on tour with a huge bass/guit rig haha! That roadies would be hired to set up of course ;) 

• Haha 1

Running a dual amp rig through one cab at the moment: Ampeg B410hlf internally split into a sealed 2x10 with horn and a ported 2x10 at the bottom. Ampeg SVP PRO goes to the ‘low’ 2x10 and the other channel is driven by my B3n (after being split on my pedal board using a Behringer He’ll babe wah) into the 2nd channel of the Laney PA amp. 

Achieving dual amping with much less lifting!!

42D89B0C-20FB-4C30-8321-2DD2DCE00FEA.thumb.jpeg.535ccbe503150dcfbb79f676386a9cd1.jpeg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, paul_5 said:

Running a dual amp rig through one cab at the moment: Ampeg B410hlf internally split into a sealed 2x10 with horn and a ported 2x10 at the bottom. Ampeg SVP PRO goes to the ‘low’ 2x10 and the other channel is driven by my B3n (after being split on my pedal board using a Behringer He’ll babe wah) into the 2nd channel of the Laney PA amp. 

Achieving dual amping with much less lifting!!

42D89B0C-20FB-4C30-8321-2DD2DCE00FEA.thumb.jpeg.535ccbe503150dcfbb79f676386a9cd1.jpeg

I bet it sounds awesome :) 

On 10/03/2019 at 19:17, Painy said:

Just plugged this in at home for the first time this evening. 

Ashdown ABM500 through a pair of Aguilar DB112 cabs for the lows and a Laney Vc100 all valve head through a Laney IRT212 cab for the highs. 

You might be surprised to hear that it's quite loud. 😐

IMG_20190310_162228.jpg

Thought I'd revive this thread with a very short clip of this rig in action. Terrible picture quality I'm afraid so I apologise for that but hopefully still worth a quick listen (through headphones) if anyone is interested. 

This is cool. I use  a boss tuner and an Ls-2. No real issues with them ut this could save some space on the board lol 

I sometimes use the following set up for big gigs when I need everything I can muster!

Markbass LM2 into a Schroeder 1210 (4ohm).

Another Markbass LM3 into an Aguilar GS410 (also 4ohm). 

Using any pedal with two outputs to split the signal (i think it was a chorus pedal switched off at the time). 

Sounds massive and very satisfying!

IMG_5774.PNG

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By petecarlton
      I'm a recent convert to the bass and to Basschat, which I'm loving (including the podcast and the Midlands Bass Bash).  I'm learning on a Stingray 34 and using a Fender Rumble 15 practice combo (and a Vox headphone amp for when my partner wants to sleep!).  But I'm wondering where to go next with amplification.  I'm not gigging, but I'd love to.  I'm a bit bored with the Rumble sound, though I know it's great for the money and size).  Any ideas where I should go next?  Should I get a good middleweight combo, or go head and cab, or preamp and DI? Or should I just tuck my horns in and wait till a) I'm more proficient; and b) I'm playing in public?
      Or is this just a case of beginner's GAS?
      Help!
    • By thundachopz
      Hey everyone 
      Bought a Spector Performer 4 deluxe today.
      Its a great bass but obv its doesnt have the edge or tone I get from My Legend 5 Classic.
      I had myself wondering....what about a preamp instead of basically spend twice as much as the bass to install active pick ups?
      It a was great price and good bass for the money its just it could do with a little more ommph to match its bigger brother!
      Thanks

• By Sandypjb
      Hi folks,
      My local rehearsal rooms have been rather forward-thinking and supplied Ampeg SVT3 Pro heads with a Ampeg 2x10 or 4×10 Classic cabs in all the rooms. Beats the usual Ashdowns that's for sure, not that they're too bad.
      Played the 4x10 rig earlier tonight. What a fantastic rig - would buy the same rig in an instant if I could afford it. Not only is there more than enough heft, I can hear so much more out of my 5-string active bass (sandberg) than I've previously experienced. It's all there, glassy highs, punchy mids and LF rumble - all very adjustable and it sat nicely with the band mix.
      I can now see why they're held in such high regard. Just saying - bit of a revelation really. 
      Anyone else heard sounds from their bass through someone else's rig that they can't get from their own?
      Steve
    • By maidens97
      Markbass800w head £400with case
      The cab flightcase is also still available if anybody is interested 
      Collection only From Grimsby

• By mbhbass
      Compact Mesa Boogie Bass Rig for sale

Mesa Boogie M6 Carbine
      Mesa Boogie PowerHouse 1x15
      Mesa Boogie PowerHouse 2x10
      +
      One extra 10” Custom Eminence Speaker Specially Tuned for PH Cabs

Used rarely and only in a rehearsal space and studio (the whole set-up is app. 6 years old)

Specs:

M6 Carbine

focused, detailed sound amplifier head, hyper-fast amplification provides amazingly tight Rock tones, preamp and driver section give the amp its aggressive voice, feature rich amplifiers give you a lot of control over your tone
      Amp Type: Tube Preamp & MOSFET Power Amp
      Preamp Tubes: 1x Mesa 12AX7
      Wattage: 600 Watts @ 4 or 2 Ohms / 320 Watts @ 8 Ohms
      Power Amp Type: Trans-Class Power w/8 Power MOSFET's & 8/4 or 2 Ohm Impedance Switch
      EQ/Dynamics Controls:
      Active Bass w/Pull Deep
      Passive Mid
      5-Position Active Mid-Voice Switch & Active Treble
      Convection or Fan Cooling: Fan Cooled
      Footswitchable Functions: External Switching Jacks for Mute & Voicing Modes
      Accessories: Fitted Slip Cover
      Connectivity
      Instrument Input Options: 1x 1/4’’
      Effects Loop: Fully Buffered Series FX Loop w/True-Bypass Switch
      Direct Line Output: Balanced XLR Line Output with Ground Lift & Front Panel Level Control with Pre/Post Pull Switch
      Speaker Outputs: 2x Combination Speakon-1/4
      Dimensions
      Height: 3-1/2’’
      Width: 19’’
      Depth: 13-1/8’’
      Weight: 25lbs (11.3kg)

Powerhouse 2x10

Type: Tuned Front Ported Tri-Porting
      Output Power: 400 Watts
      Speaker: 2x10 Custom Eminence Toned for Standard PH Cabs
      High-Frequency Horn: Yes
      Horn Control & Protection: Player Control Network
      Selectable 3-Point Crossover (3k/4k/5k)
      Premium Attenuator
      Instant Reset Horn Protection
      Cabinet Impedance: 8 Ohm
      Connectors: Combination Speakon & 1/4" Input & Paralleled Output
      Dimensions
      Height: 19.375’’
      Width: 24.5’’
      Depth: 19.75’’
      Weight: 69lbs (31.2kg)
      Powerhouse 1x15
      General
      Type: Tuned Front Ported Tri-Porting
      Output Power: 400 Watts
      Speaker: 1x15 Custom Eminence Toned for Standard PH Cabs
      High-Frequency Horn: Yes
      Horn Control & Protection: Player Control Network
      Selectable 3-Point Crossover (3k/4k/5k)
      Premium Attenuator
      Instant Reset Horn Protection
      Cabinet Impedance: 8 Ohm
      Connectors: Combination Speakon & 1/4" Input & Paralleled Output
      Transport Assistance: Track-Loc Removable Casters
      Dimensions
      Height: 19.375’’
      Width: 24.5’’
      Depth: 19.75’’
      Weight: 72lbs (32.6kg)

Price for the complete rig: 1800 pounds (or separately 1000 amp, 500 each box) - NEW MS Carbine rig with these cabinets on gear4music is currently 4100 pounds