Why become a member? ×

NAD - AER Amp 2

mr zed

I've been looking for a small, lightweight combo to use with my double bass. I had a Markbass CMD121P, Minimark 802, Gallien Krueger MB112 on my shortlist as well as anything 'interesting' i.e. Phil Jones Bass, AER etc. I went to Promenade Music on Saturday to try a couple out. The had an AER Amp 2 in. My God - what a great amp. Bit more than I wanted to pay and a little heavier than I was looking for but once you hear something that sounds just right, nothing else will do. Absolutely over the moon with it. It's loud.....no, it's VERY loud, and it remains clear even when pushed hard. Sounds great with my electric basses too.

20190116_101250.jpg

20190116_101304.jpg

20190116_101321.jpg

20190116_101426.jpg

20190116_101440.jpg

20190116_101457.jpg

Edited by mr zed

Just used the Amp 2 in a rehearsal room with my indie/rock covers band at gigging volume to see if it would sit in the mix OK. Gain 1/3rd of the way up, volume the same. Easily coped. Sat in the mix well. It was very clear and punchy. This thing amplifies the natural sound of the instrument (I was using my Rickenbacker 4003s). Very very impressed indeed. This may take the place of my go to rig which is a Genz Benz STL 9.0 and a Bergantino HD210. Very similar transparent sounds to each other. Stoked!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1