Why become a member? ×

Mexican MIM Fenders....Show us yours!

Slapbass Shaun

30 minutes ago, lonestar said:

I have one of these. Great aren’t they ?

Yes, it feels great. Mind you, I am upgrading from a £140 Harley Benton JB.  

The Fender weighs about 4% of the HB.

Its got flats on it; never used ‘em before. Lovely.

Props to the GAS - a concept (well the label at least) that I learnt on this forum.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, carlitos71 said:

This one is on ebay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224439999794
Considering bidding as interested in having a go at fretless... any thoughts from people here?

That looks pretty good. Depending on your budget and how this auction goes I’d also recommend the Squier VM Jazz fretless if you can find a s/h one

BE938859-33B1-45E5-9AB8-E19862FA6EAB.jpeg

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Manny said:

I’ve never played a fretless but that looks magnificent 

Don’t even think about it (bidding I mean)!

(Only joking! Not so sure if I will go for it but might be good to discuss here so we don’t end bidding against each other...)

• Like 1

On 01/05/2021 at 11:24, carlitos71 said:

Don’t even think about it (bidding I mean)!

(Only joking! Not so sure if I will go for it but might be good to discuss here so we don’t end bidding against each other...)

I’m not thinking about it 

edit - good luck with it if you buy it

Edited by Manny
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've had this for just under ten years now - its a modified "Cowpoke" (Precision Special) bass. The "Cowpokes" were a bit of an oddity in the Fender catalogue - they were only available  for a couple of years in the mid-nineties and originally came with Kubicki electronics. They were available in white, red and sunburst finishes, but the brave soul who owned the bass before me, stripped it down to a natural finish, which I think looks great. I'm not a huge fan of active pickups, so I sold the electrics to a charming chap on BC and installed Entwistles - my favourites. I got a wiring loom from the mighty Kiogon and plumbed in a three way selector switch as I find pick-up blending knobs a bit finicky to use - especially in the middle of a gig.  I put a Badass bridge on because of Geddy Lee...

The scratchplate was made for me by Jack at Tiny Tone. I know 4ply tort is a bit "marmite", but a natural bass and a tort plate is a killer combination in my booklet. It'll be my first choice of instrument when gigs start again (pleasepleaseplease) in late June.

IMG_0710.thumb.JPG.345e35354dc3bfc64803e79ec70118e0.JPG

Edited by rushbo
  • Like 3