Why become a member? ×

Two instruments into One amp

Dem Jolie-blues

So I'm reading a review of this awesome box of tricks costing about four hundred pounds which has two inputs, each with volume, Eq, and Nasa level illuminated knobs and whistles, and I thought,  that would be good to have two radically  different basses coupled up at the same time,  all levels sorted.    But not at that price !    Any of you guys know of a simple and affordable but decent quality  jobby  ?,  I bet the guy who makes wiring looms on here ( Charic ?) could maybe help,  thanks. 

I'll offer two options:

1. Boss LS-2 which allows you to match levels between two (or three) basses.

2. A passive AB switch (e.g. this one) into a Zoom MS-60B which digitally stores multiple presets for levels, eq, or any other effects.  To switch basses, you'd stomp once on each pedal.

Edited by jrixn1
  • Thanks 1

So the Providence is a pre-amp, don't think I need that, but thanks.   The tech 21 is the right way round but imm paying for effects,  haven't  found the price though, thank-you,   I've got a  boss looper, I'll look at boss and radial next, many thanks.

The   zoom is one in two out, I need it two in ,one out,  but thanks.

Actually,  I bight a second hand  one of these off flea-bay, forty pounds, allegedly used once but does have all the original  packaging and looks mint, four channel but the line 1&2 have a push button for instruments , could use is for my Hammond xt-1 keyboard too maybe, which is why I wandered off the footswitch a bit. We'll see  how much egg on face later ..

1545771908436819483943.jpg

16 hours ago, Dem Jolie-blues said:

Actually,  I bight a second hand  one of these off flea-bay, forty pounds, allegedly used once but does have all the original  packaging and looks mint, four channel but the line 1&2 have a push button for instruments , could use is for my Hammond xt-1 keyboard too maybe, which is why I wandered off the footswitch a bit. We'll see  how much egg on face later ..

1545771908436819483943.jpg

Although the inputs have an instrument level, the outputs will be at line level, so a lot hotter than the front end of a bass amp is expecting to see - I'd bear that in mind when you're hooking it all up.