Left leaderboard

For Sale Genz Benz Streamliner 900 - £385 

I’m Selling my Genz Benz Streamliner 900 ; These are great sounding, powerful, and light weight amps. These are getting hard to come by in this country as they as are now discontinued.  This has never been gigged, and the majority of it's use has been for home recording. 

The amp consists of a pre amp which uses 3 x 12AX7 valves, and a very flexible gain structure which can go from smooth hi-fi sounding to over-driven saturation, going into a very powerful lightweight class D power amp section. The amp has lots of connectivity options (please see photos) and pre or post eq DI options. All this and it only weighs 6.5 lbs. 

I've been using it with a Barefaced Big Baby 2, and it sounds immense!

FEATURES

900 Watts @ 4 ohms; 500 Watts @ 8 ohms  
• SMPS and Class D power amplifier design
• Class A Six-Stage Tube Preamp (3 x 12AX7A Tubes)
• Modified Passive Baxandall EQ for the Lows and Highs
• Active Tube Driven Mid EQ
• Selectable 3-Position Mid Frequencies: 220, 600, 2.5K HZ
• Input Mute
• Hi-Gain switch
• Master Volume
• 3DPM™ Power Management 
• Patent Pending P.H.A.T topology
• Full Direct Output Interface
• Effects Loop
• Headphone Input
• Aux. Input
• Dual Speakon Outputs
• Variable Voltage 
• Variable Speed Fan Cooling 
Weight: 6.5lb 
• Size: 3 1/4" x 10" x 11 7/8"

Sale is because I've got my eye on something expensive and need to generate some funds. I’m based in Shtrewsbury by the way. Collection welcome, but can also courier at buyers expense. Any questions please let me know.

Please look out for other for sale posts as I'm also selling a Phil Jones Bass Double Four, Squier VM ’77 Jazz Bass, Barefaced gen 3 Big Baby 2, and a Stagg EUB with lots of accessories.

Thanks for looking!

PICT0001.JPG

PICT0125.JPG

PICT0129.JPG

PICT0133.JPG

PICT0141.JPG

PICT0143.JPG

PICT0149.JPG

• Like 4

Had the 600 and it was a great amp. Wish i had kept it. Used it with my Berg HT322 and it was full and rich sounding. Lightweight and very versatile amp. Just bought a Mesa Mpulse or i would have had this.

GLWTS

Dave

I had one of these, lots of warm valvey goodness.

GLWTS 

Edited by JapanAxe

I've had almost every decent bass amp going, and settled on this one. Hard to beat for that vintage valve tone, swap out the preamp valves and they sound even better.

If I didn't already have two, I'd snap this up! 

Yeah definitely. I've currently got a military spec Mullard in the first slot, and an RFT and JJ in the other two*.

*original valves/tubes will be put back in when sold (I may have a couple of spares I can chuck in too!).

• Like 1

On 02/11/2018 at 07:30, Handwired said:

I've had almost every decent bass amp going, and settled on this one. Hard to beat for that vintage valve tone, swap out the preamp valves and they sound even better.

If I didn't already have two, I'd snap this up! 

What did you put in and what effect did it have? I have the 600 watt version. 

The real mccoy, beware of cheap imitations! 

Full of valve/tube lovelyness, powerful (900 watts), light, compact, and still available!