For Sale Genz Benz Streamliner 900 - £385 

I’m Selling my Genz Benz Streamliner 900 ; These are great sounding, powerful, and light weight amps. These are getting hard to come by in this country as they as are now discontinued.  This has never been gigged, and the majority of it's use has been for home recording. 

The amp consists of a pre amp which uses 3 x 12AX7 valves, and a very flexible gain structure which can go from smooth hi-fi sounding to over-driven saturation, going into a very powerful lightweight class D power amp section. The amp has lots of connectivity options (please see photos) and pre or post eq DI options. All this and it only weighs 6.5 lbs. 

I've been using it with a Barefaced Big Baby 2, and it sounds immense!

FEATURES

900 Watts @ 4 ohms; 500 Watts @ 8 ohms  
• SMPS and Class D power amplifier design
• Class A Six-Stage Tube Preamp (3 x 12AX7A Tubes)
• Modified Passive Baxandall EQ for the Lows and Highs
• Active Tube Driven Mid EQ
• Selectable 3-Position Mid Frequencies: 220, 600, 2.5K HZ
• Input Mute
• Hi-Gain switch
• Master Volume
• 3DPM™ Power Management 
• Patent Pending P.H.A.T topology
• Full Direct Output Interface
• Effects Loop
• Headphone Input
• Aux. Input
• Dual Speakon Outputs
• Variable Voltage 
• Variable Speed Fan Cooling 
Weight: 6.5lb 
• Size: 3 1/4" x 10" x 11 7/8"

Sale is because I've got my eye on something expensive and need to generate some funds. I’m based in Shtrewsbury by the way. Collection welcome, but can also courier at buyers expense. Any questions please let me know.

Please look out for other for sale posts as I'm also selling a Phil Jones Bass Double Four, Squier VM ’77 Jazz Bass, Barefaced gen 3 Big Baby 2, and a Stagg EUB with lots of accessories.

Thanks for looking!

PICT0001.JPG

PICT0125.JPG

PICT0129.JPG

PICT0133.JPG

PICT0141.JPG

PICT0143.JPG

PICT0149.JPG

• Like 4

Had the 600 and it was a great amp. Wish i had kept it. Used it with my Berg HT322 and it was full and rich sounding. Lightweight and very versatile amp. Just bought a Mesa Mpulse or i would have had this.

GLWTS

Dave

I had one of these, lots of warm valvey goodness.

GLWTS 

Edited by JapanAxe

I've had almost every decent bass amp going, and settled on this one. Hard to beat for that vintage valve tone, swap out the preamp valves and they sound even better.

If I didn't already have two, I'd snap this up! 

Yeah definitely. I've currently got a military spec Mullard in the first slot, and an RFT and JJ in the other two*.

*original valves/tubes will be put back in when sold (I may have a couple of spares I can chuck in too!).

• Like 1

On 02/11/2018 at 07:30, Handwired said:

I've had almost every decent bass amp going, and settled on this one. Hard to beat for that vintage valve tone, swap out the preamp valves and they sound even better.

If I didn't already have two, I'd snap this up! 

What did you put in and what effect did it have? I have the 600 watt version. 

The real mccoy, beware of cheap imitations! 

Full of valve/tube lovelyness, powerful (900 watts), light, compact, and still available! 

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By DarylClayton
      Fantastic Jazz Bass, bought from Coda in Stevenage in 2017. It was made in 2016. I have the accessories and certificate and the original case. The capo in the tool kit is broken however. There is some slight wear on the case from gigging and travelling but the bass is fantastic and in excellent condition, despite the relic treatment suggesting otherwise.
      Even with old strings it is very bright, with plenty of low end and mid range punch. Sits very nicely in the mix and is a joy to play.
      Weight is 4.5 kg.
      I am selling as I don't use it anymore and prefer my Yamaha BB.
      All welcome to come over and try it out.
      My feedback is here https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/298215-feedback-for-darylclayton/?tab=comments#comment-3211013
      Thanks

• By eddi
      Hey all,

thanks in advance for the support as I know nothing about electrical stuff. Long story short: my amp's power cable has gone missing after a show with my band and I need a replacement. I'm guessing not all cables are interchangeable and I probably need a specific one, but I have no idea where to start! I own a Tc Electronix BG250-208, on the amp's socket i can see "100-240VAC 50-60 Hz, 70W @ 1/8 Max Power".

Any tip or link to suitable cables is much appreciated!
      Thank you so much,
      Ed
    • By bassplayer76
      Amp Portabass rig,  All made in USA.   Very good quality 250 watt amp and 15" Speaker Cab (4 Ohms).  We'll used but functions perfectly and very portable as the name suggests.
      The amp weighs 6.5 Kilos and the Cab Weighs 12 Kilos.  
      Don't want to separate these at the moment and not looking for any trades.
      Thanks for looking

• By TAzMilitello
      ***** SOLD ***** this great 5 strings Ibanez GSRM25BK miKro 28.6" Short-Scale 5 String Bass w/Black finish. Comes with original Ibanez strap, documents, keys, both original brand new ibanez Mikro soft bag, cost recently 30€ from Thomann, and an hard case (with a value of 70€) and always as a gift the new Sansone Strings Set (with a value of 60€ and made in Italy especially for this bass), equal to those already mounted on the bass recently, all accessories that obviously do not give on the purchase with the bass!
      Small hands make big sounds with this Ibanez miKros. These compact bass have many of the features of their bigger counterparts, great sound, great low-B string,  so really comfortable!
      Photo of bass 😉📸: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Qt5q_QefoAqberQDDq3u-u85yE84vngG
      Foreign Currency: about payments different from the Euros currency you can pay by clicking using this ►Transferwise bank transfer◄ link.
      Specifications:
      Neck Type: GSRM5 Maple Neck 726mm/28.6" Scale Body: Agathis Fretboard: Rosewood fretboard w/ White dot inlay Fret: Medium frets Number of frets: 22 Bridge: B15 bridge Neck PU: standard J neck PU (passive) Bridge: standard J bridge PU (passive) Hardware color: Chrome Color: Black Setup by an expert luthier, wonderfully resonant woods, perfectly functional, really good conditions!

ABOUT SHIPPING:
      Bass is located in Italy (Sicily). No problems for international fast shipping (following prices including shockproof packaging):
      To Italy: 30€ (1/2 working days) To Ireland/Great Britain: 60€ (4/5 working days) To Germany and Austria: 45€ (3/4 working days) To Spain: 60€ (4/5 working days) To France: 65€ (4/5 working days) To Lithuania: 75€ (4/5 working days) To Romania: 80€ (4/5 working days) To Belgium, Luxembourg and the Netherlands: 65€ (3/4 working days) To Czech Republic (CZ): 80€ (4/5 working days) To USA and Canada: 110€ (6/8 working days)
    • By outtaseezun
      Fellaaaaaaz & Fellazettes!

New Bass Day!!! 

I am delighted to let U all know that I finally got myself a Squier Classic Vibe Precision '50s Bass in Lake Placid Blue. Been hunting down one of those for the past two years & every time they would pop up on my radar, they would be clearly out of reach for either budget or geography reasons...

That changed yesterday as I was in England visiting the in-laws. One of those appeared on Fb Marketplace a half hour drive from the their place, the price was right, so I jumped on it! 

Now, the downside is the previous owner was a real pig who knew nothing about how to keep his gear clean & safe from harm. So the bass has suffered in 11 years more than most old school Fenders have in 50 and all the metal parts & pick guard have started to go yellow... 

I don't even know if the electronics work cuz I'm travelling & do not carry an amp with me everywhere. The guy was a guitarist who didn't own a bass amp & a hoarder apparently, so I didn't make it past the front door. Also, he graciously forgot to take close up pix of the dents in the body, the paint stains on the headstock, or to mention the rusting state of the metal parts (for those of U who want tips on how to take pix in broad daylight in such a way that the yellowing aspect of metal parts doesn't show, I can help U cuz now I know how) ... Glad these people exist, they make the second hand market such a better place for all of us to find happiness, right? 

Last night a spent an hour or so cleaning the body, the fretboard, & started using Brasso to give the tuning pegs & the knobs some shine... But it still needs work. I wonder though, what do U guys think? Should I let the bass go all vintage or should I restore it completely? 

If so, would dipping all the metal parts into Coca Cola do the trick? Cuz the Brasso thing won't allow me to reach the small corners, especially in the bridge & tuning mechanisms... I'm also not an electronics guy & am quite reluctant to un soldering all the electronics... But if the general consensus is that I should take the whole bass apart & do a huge cleaning, then I guess I'll do that under Ur guidance! 

Also, does boiling old strings really bring them back to life? 

Anyway, thanks for reading through, & thanks for any input U could contribute to help me through this! 

Here are a couple of pictures: