For Sale Genz Benz Streamliner 900 - £385 

I’m Selling my Genz Benz Streamliner 900 ; These are great sounding, powerful, and light weight amps. These are getting hard to come by in this country as they as are now discontinued.  This has never been gigged, and the majority of it's use has been for home recording. 

The amp consists of a pre amp which uses 3 x 12AX7 valves, and a very flexible gain structure which can go from smooth hi-fi sounding to over-driven saturation, going into a very powerful lightweight class D power amp section. The amp has lots of connectivity options (please see photos) and pre or post eq DI options. All this and it only weighs 6.5 lbs. 

I've been using it with a Barefaced Big Baby 2, and it sounds immense!

FEATURES

900 Watts @ 4 ohms; 500 Watts @ 8 ohms  
• SMPS and Class D power amplifier design
• Class A Six-Stage Tube Preamp (3 x 12AX7A Tubes)
• Modified Passive Baxandall EQ for the Lows and Highs
• Active Tube Driven Mid EQ
• Selectable 3-Position Mid Frequencies: 220, 600, 2.5K HZ
• Input Mute
• Hi-Gain switch
• Master Volume
• 3DPM™ Power Management 
• Patent Pending P.H.A.T topology
• Full Direct Output Interface
• Effects Loop
• Headphone Input
• Aux. Input
• Dual Speakon Outputs
• Variable Voltage 
• Variable Speed Fan Cooling 
Weight: 6.5lb 
• Size: 3 1/4" x 10" x 11 7/8"

Sale is because I've got my eye on something expensive and need to generate some funds. I’m based in Shtrewsbury by the way. Collection welcome, but can also courier at buyers expense. Any questions please let me know.

Please look out for other for sale posts as I'm also selling a Phil Jones Bass Double Four, Squier VM ’77 Jazz Bass, Barefaced gen 3 Big Baby 2, and a Stagg EUB with lots of accessories.

Thanks for looking!

PICT0001.JPG

PICT0125.JPG

PICT0129.JPG

PICT0133.JPG

PICT0141.JPG

PICT0143.JPG

PICT0149.JPG

• Like 4

Had the 600 and it was a great amp. Wish i had kept it. Used it with my Berg HT322 and it was full and rich sounding. Lightweight and very versatile amp. Just bought a Mesa Mpulse or i would have had this.

GLWTS

Dave

I had one of these, lots of warm valvey goodness.

GLWTS 

Edited by JapanAxe

I've had almost every decent bass amp going, and settled on this one. Hard to beat for that vintage valve tone, swap out the preamp valves and they sound even better.

If I didn't already have two, I'd snap this up! 

Yeah definitely. I've currently got a military spec Mullard in the first slot, and an RFT and JJ in the other two*.

*original valves/tubes will be put back in when sold (I may have a couple of spares I can chuck in too!).

• Like 1

On 02/11/2018 at 07:30, Handwired said:

I've had almost every decent bass amp going, and settled on this one. Hard to beat for that vintage valve tone, swap out the preamp valves and they sound even better.

If I didn't already have two, I'd snap this up! 

What did you put in and what effect did it have? I have the 600 watt version. 

The real mccoy, beware of cheap imitations! 

Full of valve/tube lovelyness, powerful (900 watts), light, compact, and still available! 

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By roceci
      ** Now £825 for the complete rig or will split **
      Up for sale is my beloved Genz Benz rig, comprising the rare ShuttleMAX 12.2 head with matching 2x10 and 1x12 Focus cabs. The power and tone on this rig is awesome but I've converted to in ears so this is just sitting around and needs to be used. All components are in VGC and in full working order. Been gigged a fair bit but looked after in pet/smoke-free environment.
      ShuttleMAX 12.2 class D 1200W head with dual FET and tube channels. Includes foot switch, original box and manual. Light scratching to top of head but otherwise in VGC. £550
      Full spec here: http://www.genzbenz.com/?fa=detail&mid=2825&sid=86&cid=95.
      WIll ship at buyer's expense + arrangement.
      FCS-210T 300W 2x10 cab with adjustable tweeter £150
      Full spec http://www.genzbenz.com/?fa=detail&mid=2859&sid=704&cid=96

FCS-112T 200W 1x12 cab with adjustable tweeter £150
      Full spec http://www.genzbenz.com/?fa=detail&mid=2857&sid=704&cid=96 Less

Usual bits of scuffing to tolex and plastic corners but no rips on cabs.
      Not prepared to ship the cabs so ollection from Cardiff or happy to meet within a reasonable radius.
      **Would trade for decent 6 string jazz type bass**

• By bassintheface
      Hello all!
      This is a feeler for the sale my awesome condition 1973 / 74 Fender Jazz bass in Sunburst.
      Its RW board, block inlays and bound.
      Photos are here in my photobucket album - 
      http://s1341.photobucket.com/user/bassintheface/library/Fender Jazz Bass 1973 - 1974
      It's in really excellent condition with only a couple of minor chips which I've tried to clearly show on the pics.
      The serial number on the neck plate is 509063 which is 1973 / 1974 which puts it as one of the last 4 bolt neck versions out of Fullerton before they went to the bullet truss rod and 3 bolt neck in 1974 / 75.
      The CTS pot codes date the bass to 5th Week 1974 - Jan / Feb (1377405) so the feedback on the age was that it was likely put together very late 1973 or very early 1974 - as you know with Fender around this time, its a combination of date stamps that help you get an age of an instrument.
      It comes with a generic hardcase and re issue versions of the pickup cover and ashtray from a USA 70's reissue.
      I will get neck end photos and pickup photos - from memory, you can only see a stamp on the bridge pickup now since the rewind of the neck pick up - its 5 years or so since Matt had it open, so will check  his photos and hopefully  add to the photobucket album above - if not, I'll have to get it opened up.
      I bought it from a friend around 5 or 6 years ago and the story was (note that this is completely unsubstantiated) that it belonged to Andy Scott of the Sweet and was used for recording /demos and never gigged, hence the condition. I really don't know if this is true and no one will ever know, but Andy Scott is from my hometown of Wrexham so it is plausible.
      The bass had been unplayed for a number of years prior to my purchase and upon getting it, the neck pickup didn't work and the elecs were intermittent and crackly.
      I swiftly sent it over to the very excellent Matthew John Bascetta in Chester - http://www.mjbluthier.co.uk/
      for a full clean, pro set up and a rewind of the neck pick up - Matt is also the guy behind the excellent 'House of Tone' pickups - https://www.houseoftonepickups.com/
      and he did a full rewind using period correct wire and hand winding, inc wax potting - you can see him at work below.
      It now plays beautifully and sounds, IMO awesome!  
      Feel free to ask any questions - I'd just appreciate PM's with an expression of interest initially as I really don't want to sell it being honest, but it lives at home (non smoking household) and  don't gig it our of fear of damaging it.
      You won't find many in this condition.
      No trades, viewing welcome.
      Cash on collection or bacs.
      I don't want to post this out of fear of it being damaged! 

• By binkybongo
      Mint - used once. Very good case.
      Looks exactly like the advert. Actual case pics possible if required.
      Cheers.

• By CraigPlaysBass
      Lightweight Bass Cabinets for Sale
      Consisting of 500 watt amp head weighing a slim 2.9Kg and two Hartke 1x12" cabs, with tweeters, weighing 15Kg each.
      All items available separately, offers considered. Collection from Ash in Surrey, or can meet at Guildford Station.
      Looking for £315 including postage within UK. Meeting within a one hour drive of Ash is negotiable. Selling as no longer being used! No trades please.

Full pictures below.
      Ashdown MiBass 550
      500 watts rms at 4ohms Weighs 2.9kg Powerful 7(!) band semi-parametric EQ 2 jack/Speakon outputs 8.3 x 2.6 x 6.3 inches EQ presets, FX loop, balanced DI out and lots more... https://ashdownmusic.com/products/mibass-550 This amp head has been rarely used and is in good condition. The EQ is extremely powerful with handy pre-set tone curves and it fits in a gig bag pocket.
      Looking for £165 if purchased individually. Delivery £14 insured via Parcelforce.

Hartke Hydrive HX112 (two available)
      300 watts rms power handling 12" hybrid paper/aluminum cone Switchable between 4 and 8 ohms impedance Size: 20" x 22" x 17.5" Weigh 15kg 41Hz–17kHz frequency response Switchable tweeter (on/off/-6dB) Feet have been relocated to make them more upright but can easily be put back to their original horizontal position. Speakon/jack inputs and more... http://www.samsontech.com/hartke/products/cabinets/hydrive-cabinets/hx112/ These cabs are nice and light, project well and are a comfortable one hand carry. They are in fair condition, reflected in the price. The tolex at the back has previously peeled and has been thoroughly stuck back on as per pictures.
      Looking for £165 each if purchased individually including postage (insured), offers considered.

Photos:

I've not been active on here in a while, but my old feedback thread is here:

Thanks for reading!