Why become a member? ×

Strings Direct pay later

Brook_fan

Has anyone yet managed to get the “pay later” option to work when buying strings from the Strings Direct website?  Been trying for the last two days, with their help, but still no option shows.  Was trying to take advantage of this by ordering some guitar strings I desperately need bit can’t afford until next Wednesday (it gives you 14 days to pay for them)

Miffed

Robbie

I use the Paypal option all the time and recently an item from Amazon didn't arrive and seller didn't reply. Informed Paypal and they put a hold on the money coming out of my account. Eventualy they cancelled the transaction as they got no reply from the seller either. Means they then had to chase up for the money as they pay right away.

Dave

1 hour ago, Chris2112 said:

I'd be a bit dubious about getting wrapped up in a deferred payment agreement with a third party company for something as minor as a set of strings. I presume you enter into a contract with this Swedish company to make payment to them at a later date?

I know it seems minor, but they had a bog off offer on Daddario EXP strings which I was trying to take advantage of.  It’s not a credit agreement as such- you just have 14 days to make payment, they send you an email to remind you.

Klarna is an invoice company. The seller is paid, Klarna take on the debt and invoice the client. It means companies who cannot afford to extend credit can do so. 

I know a few people who work there. They are either saviours or parasites, depending on your opinion. They are fully above board, though, so fear not. 

7 minutes ago, Dem Jolie-blues said:

Hi guys, never had a moments bother with Stringdirect,  I haven't tried the  pay later option,  but the company is always so good down the phone.  Got them to mash me up a set of flatwounds for my Hagstrom Hb8,  cost me 85 pounds for the privilege, I can't  believe they would do something "iffy" and  tarnish their name.

Of course, I’m not wishing to blacken their name, I was just interested if anyone had used the option.  To be honest they worked really hard to try and make it work.  In the end they said they would put back the strings for me until next week when I get paid and still honour the bog off offer.  That is superb service in my book.

Rob

• Like 2

Our of interest, where did you see the bogof option on the Stringsdirect website?

I got an email, noticed it was only USA & Canada so PM'd Adam (D'addarioUK) who gave me a list of who was doing it in the UK and when it was running from but never managed to find anyone actually doing it, including Stringsdirect.

3 hours ago, Delberthot said:

Our of interest, where did you see the bogof option on the Stringsdirect website?

I got an email, noticed it was only USA & Canada so PM'd Adam (D'addarioUK) who gave me a list of who was doing it in the UK and when it was running from but never managed to find anyone actually doing it, including Stringsdirect.

I got sent an email, about two weeks ago.  It’s only on EXPs though.

Rob

5 hours ago, Delberthot said:

Was the email from Strings Direct or D'addario?

I subscribe to the D'addario one but when I clicked on it, it only covered the US & Canada. 

It was from Strings Direct. Basically if you put two sets of EXPs into your basket you will only pay for one. No special code or anything.