Why become a member? ×

Do I Really NEED a Helix?????

Skybone

Sounds pretty much as though my HD500x covers everything the Helix would at a far more wallet friendly price. Got to say that I'm really happy with it, and it sounds great. I do have a number of patches set up, but only really 'use' 3 of them with the band, and they're variations on a 'core sounds (different effects etc.).

I'll probably get a Helix at some point in the future, but not quite yet. Maybe when I can afford that 4003...

Having second thoughts on the Rumble as well...

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎16‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 20:02, Skybone said:

Sounds pretty much as though my HD500x covers everything the Helix would at a far more wallet friendly price. Got to say that I'm really happy with it, and it sounds great. I do have a number of patches set up, but only really 'use' 3 of them with the band, and they're variations on a 'core sounds (different effects etc.).

I'll probably get a Helix at some point in the future, but not quite yet. Maybe when I can afford that 4003...

Having second thoughts on the Rumble as well...

I've go a Helix Floor and a Rumble.  Rumble doesn't get used much really. I use the Helix direct to PA and monitor through a Barefaced FR800. If you're planning to use it as a substitute for a pedal board then it's a bit overkill I think,. If you want it as your one stop shop (within reason) then it's worth considering.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Muppet said:

I've go a Helix Floor and a Rumble.  Rumble doesn't get used much really. I use the Helix direct to PA and monitor through a Barefaced FR800. If you're planning to use it as a substitute for a pedal board then it's a bit overkill I think,. If you want it as your one stop shop (within reason) then it's worth considering.

Sums it up nicely I think....

On 14/10/2018 at 23:26, King Tut said:

I'm far from starving as my developing muffin top attests, but I continue to gig with my Zoom B1xon, I bloody love it. It makes all the sounds I need, runs on batteries if I need it to and fits in my gig bag a treat. I usually use four or possibly five patches.

Not knocking the Helix or those that use it at all, but the old Zoom has got to be THE best vfm bass player's bit of kit ever made!

On 14/10/2018 at 23:30, Bridgehouse said:

Nah, the Behringer BDI Preamp at £17 last week is the best vfm bit of kit ;)

well I have both, use the Behringer for home practice but the Zoom B1on for gigs because of the ability to change patches and has a tuner, both brilliant VFM but the Zoom wins for me because of its versatility, but if you're content with just one setting the Behringer's for you