Why become a member? Read more... ×
TJ Spicer

Yamaha TRB6pII SOLD
£1400

Yamaha TRB6pII £1400

Bought 2 years ago from The Gallery. It's a killer bass and super versatile with the piezo. The reason it's for sale is simply that I feel my MTD covers a lot of the ground that this bass covered, and I can't really justify having that many 'contemporary' style basses when they mostly get used in my own fusion project. 

It's in good condition, it was clearly gigged a lot before I owned it as the fretboard needed a good clean and I've gigged it quite a bit myself! A few dings particularly on the headstock from before I purchased it (I'm not sure how as I've never managed to hit the headstock on anything!). These can be seen in the photos.

It's definitely not a 'light' bass, but something with this much wood really can't be expected to be, can it?

Collection preferred, from Maidenhead (or Bath until October, by arrangement), but shipping is possible. It comes with a hard case, which I don't remember being original but I'll check (I never use hard cases...). 

Thank you for looking! 

T

IMG_1768.jpg

IMG_1766.jpg

IMG_1759.jpg

IMG_1770.jpg

IMG_1772.jpg

IMG_1773.jpg

IMG_1774.JPG

IMG_1778.JPG

IMG_1780.JPG

Edited by TJ Spicer

47 minutes ago, andybassdoyle said:

Really nice. What's the neck profile like? 

I would say D shaped, wide and flat-ish-backed without being uncomfortably skinny. T

• Thanks 1

I’ve played a couple of these and they are extraordinary. The tone is incredible, very versatile and the piezo adds an extra dimension. They’re near the top of the tree of any custom 6-string and a bargain at this price. GLWTS!

Edited by FDC484950
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, FDC484950 said:

I’ve played a couple of these and they are extraordinary. The tone is incredible, very versatile and the piezo adds an extra dimension. They’re near the top of the tree of any custom 6-string and a bargain at this price. GLWTS!

They really are custom-level instruments! 

31 minutes ago, Jaykingfunk said:

This is beautiful! Are you interested in trades at all? 

Cheers, J.

Always worth a try!

pm me 👌🏻 

T

Lovely bass - you've had some awesome Yamahas (I know as I'm the very proud owner of your BBNE2 :) )

If this was a 5 string TRB5pii I would have bitten your hand off!

Which obviously would neither have been welcome nor helpful for your bass playing career.

Edited by Al Krow

54 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Lovely bass - you've had some awesome Yamahas (I know as I'm the very proud owner of your BBNE2 :) )

If this was a 5 string TRB5pii I would have bitten your hand off!

Which obviously would neither have been welcome nor helpful for your bass playing career.

Coming from a family of Yamaholics it was always going to be the way! I hope she’s serving you well! 

That extra string will always be the sticking point for some, but I love having a 6 in the arsenal for compositional purposes, and I’m sure the right person is out there lurking! 

Thank you for holding back, as you say, possibly the biggest career deal breaker 😂 

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By LukMen
      I want to offer for sale my Ken Smith CR6 bass that served me well last 7 years. Bass is in very good condition as for its 27 years. The sound of this bass is very characteristic and well appreciate among Smith lovers. Although I would describe it as more vintage sound. It's fat but not so punchy as modern basses. I've played a lot of gigs on it and was happy with it's ergonomics. Neck is very comfortable.   Here are some specs: Model: CR6QM MY: 1991 Neck: maple Fretboard: Morado Body: - tone block: maple, sides: mahogany, top: quilted maple, Back: maple, Electronic and pickups: Ken Smith. Equalizer: 2 band active/passive   Prevoius owner contacted Mr. Smith to verify it's authenticy and here's what he got for answer: "The first bolt-on was 001. This is 019. We made 28 basses in the first run. We only made 6s at first. You have the 19th one numbered of the first 28 made in a group."   Bass is located in Poland (Central Europe). It ships in custom made strengthened gig bag. The price I'm asking is 2150GBP incl. shipping cost (EU - DPD; US, Canada - EMS).  If you want some more detailed pictures please PM me.   

• By iSeal95
      Here we have a gorgeous Ibanez BTB1606 Premium!
      The sound and feel is amazing and soooo much more comfortable than I expected out of a 6 string as most 6 strings I've tried have been a bit cumbersome (definitely a first time 6'er for anyone thinking about it)
      It has a very musical and useful 3 band EQ with specifically a great bass and switchable Mid EQ. Also a Active/Passive switch!
      I bought for use in a band that Im no longer part of so its time to move on.
      It comes with the fitted Ibanez Premium Hardcase which is mint condition.
      It has a few light marks that you can see in the pictures but all are small and only cosmetic.
      Based In London and would really prefer collection but I can help deliver in London

• By manudepaz
      Selling my RMI VALENTINA 6, neck-thru, 34”, as new, perfectly MINT CONDITION.
      Now 1150 pounds. 
      - Body: flamed maple 3 mm, Ebonol line 1 mm, Maple line 1 mm, Asian walnut 30 mm.
      - Fingerboard: Ebonol
      - Neck: Ebonol 1mm, Maple top 34mm (blackberry strips)
      - Headstock: Ebonol 1 mm, Perloid logo
      - Bridge: 16,5mm
      - Weight 4,5kg
      - RMI pickups single, parallel, ramp
      - Merlos preamp (vol, bal, bass, treble, medium, single/parallel, medium switch 3 pos.)
      - Active / passive
      -Hard case

• By DarylClayton
      Hi all
      Selling this is I don't really play it that much and am mainly using a Jazz Bass these days.
      This, however, is still a great bass from the Yamaha custom shop in Japan. I have mainly used it in P Bass mode and it is killer for Motown and Soul and Disco stuff. The added benefit of switching between pick ups creates a variety of different sounds and the tone dial has a lot of depth to it depending on how much you roll on or off. For example, you can get a great Jaco sound from the bridge pick up and then a quick change to sounding like Jamerson on the neck pick up. It's like having two basses in one model.
      I bought it from Yamaha in Soho last year. It is in great condition and comes with a Yamaha case. Come and check it out.
      My feedback is here https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/298215-feedback-for-darylclayton/?tab=comments#comment-3211013
      Thanks

• By sprocketflup
      Hi, for sale here is a Yamaha BBG4A - mk 2 in a lovely deep red.
      The bass is in good condition with only one ding I can find on the top horn (pictured). The gold metal work has started to tarnish slightly, but I think that only adds to the appeal.
      The eagle eyed amongst you may have spotted this is currently wearing piccolo strings, for the sale it'll be back to standard round strings, but if you'd like the piccolos ill leave it as is for an extra tenner.
      Pick up preferred near Honiton, but can drop off at a gig if my band is coming near you anytime soon, dates here - http://www.cloudbustingkatebushtribute.com/dates.html
      or there's postage, buyer can sort own courier or I can post for the extra cost.