TJ Spicer

Yamaha TRB6pII SOLD
£1400

Yamaha TRB6pII £1400

Bought 2 years ago from The Gallery. It's a killer bass and super versatile with the piezo. The reason it's for sale is simply that I feel my MTD covers a lot of the ground that this bass covered, and I can't really justify having that many 'contemporary' style basses when they mostly get used in my own fusion project. 

It's in good condition, it was clearly gigged a lot before I owned it as the fretboard needed a good clean and I've gigged it quite a bit myself! A few dings particularly on the headstock from before I purchased it (I'm not sure how as I've never managed to hit the headstock on anything!). These can be seen in the photos.

It's definitely not a 'light' bass, but something with this much wood really can't be expected to be, can it?

Collection preferred, from Maidenhead (or Bath until October, by arrangement), but shipping is possible. It comes with a hard case, which I don't remember being original but I'll check (I never use hard cases...). 

Thank you for looking! 

T

IMG_1768.jpg

IMG_1766.jpg

IMG_1759.jpg

IMG_1770.jpg

IMG_1772.jpg

IMG_1773.jpg

IMG_1774.JPG

IMG_1778.JPG

IMG_1780.JPG

Edited by TJ Spicer

47 minutes ago, andybassdoyle said:

Really nice. What's the neck profile like? 

I would say D shaped, wide and flat-ish-backed without being uncomfortably skinny. T

• Thanks 1

I’ve played a couple of these and they are extraordinary. The tone is incredible, very versatile and the piezo adds an extra dimension. They’re near the top of the tree of any custom 6-string and a bargain at this price. GLWTS!

Edited by FDC484950
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, FDC484950 said:

I’ve played a couple of these and they are extraordinary. The tone is incredible, very versatile and the piezo adds an extra dimension. They’re near the top of the tree of any custom 6-string and a bargain at this price. GLWTS!

They really are custom-level instruments! 

31 minutes ago, Jaykingfunk said:

This is beautiful! Are you interested in trades at all? 

Cheers, J.

Always worth a try!

pm me 👌🏻 

T

Lovely bass - you've had some awesome Yamahas (I know as I'm the very proud owner of your BBNE2 :) )

If this was a 5 string TRB5pii I would have bitten your hand off!

Which obviously would neither have been welcome nor helpful for your bass playing career.

Edited by Al Krow

54 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Lovely bass - you've had some awesome Yamahas (I know as I'm the very proud owner of your BBNE2 :) )

If this was a 5 string TRB5pii I would have bitten your hand off!

Which obviously would neither have been welcome nor helpful for your bass playing career.

Coming from a family of Yamaholics it was always going to be the way! I hope she’s serving you well! 

That extra string will always be the sticking point for some, but I love having a 6 in the arsenal for compositional purposes, and I’m sure the right person is out there lurking! 

Thank you for holding back, as you say, possibly the biggest career deal breaker 😂 

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By slapmonsta
      Price Drop-£440

Up for sale is my "Tobacco burst" Yamaha BB1024 and gig bag.
      These are excellent "all round" instruments-typical Yamaha rock solid build quality with a "spline joint" Alder body ,a choice of thru-body diagonal stringing,"Vintage Plus" bridge and a five-piece maple and nato neck.
      Sonically these basses can do pretty much anything from Jaco back-pickup jazz to fat P-bass dub, and anything in between.
      The output from the custom designed pickups is full range and VERY wide-almost an "active" sound from the alnico and ceramic blade setup.These are "big" sounding basses!
      I'm letting this one go as I already have a 1024X I gig with, and this is way too good a bass to be sat as a backup.
      The bass will be supplied with a generic gig bag.
      Thanks for looking 😀

• By manudepaz
      Selling my COSME KATANA 6, from (www.cosmebasses.com), perfect condition, with soft bag, this bass plays like butter.
      Price drop: 1600GBP

SPECS:
      BODY: swamp ash, wenge 
      TOP: maple
      NECK: set-neck, 5 piece maple, wenge, ash
      SCALE LENGTH: 34 inches, 24 frets, 0 fret
      TRUSS ROD: Double rod
      HARDWARE COLOR: Black
      BRIDGE: Hipshot 3-way adjustable
      MACHINE HEADS: Hipshot ultralite
      STRAP PINS: Dunlop
      PICKUPS: Cosme Custom (simple, series, parallel)
      ELECTRONICS: John East Uni-pre01

Weight : 4,5 kilos, perfect balance
      17.5mm string spacing at the bridge
      Bass is located in Madrid, Spain

• By DarylClayton
      Hi all
      A great bass from the Yamaha custom shop in Japan, bought new from Yamaha Music London in Soho in 2017.
      You can hear me playing it live here:

In the video I had the bass set on the neck pick up just like a P Bass.
      I have mainly used it in P Bass mode and it is great for Motown and Soul and Disco music and sits perfectly in the mix.
      The added benefit of switching between pick ups creates a variety of different sounds and the tone dial has a lot of depth to it depending on how much you roll on or off. For example, you can get a great Jaco sound from the bridge pick up and then a quick change to sounding like Jamerson on the neck pick up. It's like having two basses in one. Or you can have a great Jazz Bass sound with plenty of bite and punch on both pick ups.
      It is in great condition and comes with a Yamaha case and certificate. Come and check it out.
      My feedback is here https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/298215-feedback-for-darylclayton/?tab=comments#comment-3211013
      Thanks

• By manudepaz
      Selling my Pedulla Hexabuzz in pristine condition, 10/10, not a single mark, scratch, ding, dent... The best fretless I know.
      Price drop: 3000GBP
      Purchased at Bass Direct on 11/26/2015 (£4300)

BODY WINGS: Limited Edition AAAAA Flame maple
      NECK: Capillary (neck-through), 3 piece maple laminate
      SCALE LENGTH: 34 inches
      FINGERBOARD: Ebony (coated with gloss polyester)
      NUMBER OF FRETS: 24
      NUT: Bone
      TRUSS ROD: Single rod, double-acting adjustable with two stiffening bars
      STRINGS: .030, .045, .065, .080, .100, .128
      HARDWARE COLOR: Gold
      BRIDGE: Hipshot 3-way adjustable machined brass
      MACHINE HEADS: Gotoh
      STRAP PINS: Gotoh
      PICKUPS: Bartolini SB
      ELECTRONICS: Active, Bartolini
      CONTROLS: volume, pan, bass boost/cut, treble boost/cut, mid boost/cut (toggle)
      CONTROL KNOBS: Anodized aluminum (black with marker)
      FINISH: Gloss polyester

Weight : 4,5 kilos, perfect balance
      17.5mm string spacing at the bridge
      Original Pedulla Bag, also pristine condition
      Bass is located in Madrid, Spain

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/albums/72157692177914611

• By foxtrott
      The bass is in good condition, technically tiptop, with usual optical used tracks (on the back of the body) and on the top plate smaller things, which I captured in the photos as best as possible.
      Pricedrop 3500 € or Trade Options: Fender Precision or Fretless Bass
      The tone and response is extremely direct and resonant. The playability very comfortable.
      Here are some soundfiles, recorded at home.
      Fingerstyle

Slap

Specs: 2006 Jerzy Drozd Obsession Excellency 6 Strings 35" Scale 24 Frets Etimoe Body Zebrawood Top 3 Piece Maple Neck 7 Screws Bolt-on Maple Neck Ebony Fretboard Matching Headstock Two pieces Jerzy Drozd Bridge Two Jerzy Drozd Single Coils Pickup Aguilar OBP-3 Preamp 18mm strings spacing, possible to up to 19mm or down to 16.5mm. 9mm at nut Ebony Nut Asymetrical D Neck Controls : Volume/Blend/Bass/Medium 400hz or 800hz/Treble Trussrod : One double-acting fully working Weight : 4.4kg Machine heads : Gotoh Controls Knobs : Wood, maple and Zebrawood.