Why become a member? ×

NBD: Ibanez SRF 700

AdrianP

Well, not exactly a new bass day as i picked this up a couple of weeks ago. But my first chance to take some pictures and post this. This is my first ever fretless bass. I tried one in PMT in Romford a couple of months ago and really liked it. Especially, the unlined board but dots on the side where there should be dots and lines on the side...well, you get the picture. But nearly £700 was a little too much to chance it.

So I saw this up for sale, second hand, at Bass Direct recently and, as I was doing a gig near Nottingam that Saturday, went and picked it up. Really like it. It's got such a great, slim, neck that playing it is effortless. I also like the piezo pickup in the bridge and have been using that at full volume together with a touch of neck pickup to add a little more growl. All in all, I'm really happy with it. I've dropped the action down very slightly at the bridge but haven't had to do anything else to it.

Anyway, some pics.

20180825_132636.jpg

20180825_132924.jpg

20180825_132954.jpg

• Like 1