Ben Jamin

FREE (phttps://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/328937-free-project-guitars/roject) GUITARS!

I have recently moved in a nice cosy house with my new wife lady! ūüė䬆Everything is brilliant - but I no longer have¬†room for the three old¬†guitars that I had planned to fix up but¬†have actually just gathered dust in the corner of my room for about 5 years.

I just need all three collected - I'll even pay with a cup of tea / beverage of your choice!

They all need work but they have the potential to be decent guitars - or at the very least good practise for fixing things up!

• First up is a BM Jumbo 155 (which I think is by Yasuma / Japanese?). It's a Martin D28 clone apparently. It could do with some love and a setup but everything's there for a decent acoustic!
  • There's also an Aria XL-DLX Excel Series (guessing either Japanese or Korean?)¬†which needs some more work! It's got a space for a Floyd bridge and needs new tuners etc but it could be a solid rocker.
  • And finally there's a BM Clasico made in Spain. It's pretty rough and needs some new strings - but it comes with it's own case.

Thanks for looking! Have some mobile phone photos!

20180817_180858_HDR.jpg

20180817_180851_HDR.jpg

20180817_180840_HDR.jpg

20180817_180830_HDR.jpg

20180817_180756_HDR.jpg

20180817_180744_HDR.jpg

20180817_180659_HDR.jpg

20180817_180650_HDR.jpg

20180817_180638_HDR.jpg

20180817_180626_HDR.jpg

20180817_180555_HDR.jpg

20180817_180530_HDR.jpg

20180817_180435_HDR.jpg

20180817_180455_HDR.jpg

Edited by Ben Jamin

I'm glad you're a couple of hundred miles away, or I'd be asking you for that Aria and then having yet another project to do! ūüôā

Hey guys,

Sorry I haven't logged back on sooner - I wasn't expecting a response for a while!

Yep I'm in Lincoln (UK) :)

I'd prefer to get rid of the lot as I just need them gone but I realise that's not necessarily desirable!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By The Counsellor
      PRICE DROP 550 GBP incl. shipping
      Upgraded Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, Crafted In Japan. Upgrades include new black pickguard (original Fender replacement) and chrome volume/tone knobs (original Fender replacements).
      Alder Body, Maple Neck With Black Block Inlays, Maple Fretboard, Slim 70s Neck Profile, 2 x Vintage Jazz Single Coil Pickups, Original BadAss II Bridge, Color: Black, Crafted In Japan
      Shipping is included in the EU.
      This Bass was a very reliable companion through my music studies but now it’s time to part ways. Great tone, great fast neck and great playability. Well maintained and clean instrument. Currently stringed with Elixir Coated Nanoweb 105 - 50.
      There’s tons of information about this particular Fender Jazz Bass Model on the internet.
      Sale only (to get funds for a 5-String Bass).
      Questions are welcome. Cheers.

• By alinbassplayer
      Hey guys, so up for sale is another one of my basses, this one is a very old Godman(?) electro acoustic bass, it's in a bit of a state, i got it in far worse state tbh, cleaned it up and had an attempt to make it a fretless, only to realize i am not great at this, also never got round to learning so i just left it like that. 
      I think the fretboard is rosewood, i don;t know what strings those are on it, it was very long ago and they might be electric bass strings.
      So with the exception of the frets being taken off, the neck is, obviously, a little bent because of the lack of frets, also it was way more bent when i got it, managed to straighten it a bit.
      Initially i think who had it first either spilled something on itor tried to clean it and it was quite tarnished, so i cleaned it up a bit and also sanded off the godman logo on the headstock, so looks like a no-name.
      The piezo under the bridge only works for 2 of 4 strings, if i remember correctly it's for the top 2, someone recommended i shove something under the piezo for those 2 strings that don;t work and the pressure would help, never tried it, but the preamp works otherwise.
      I think i might have a gig bag for it, but i don;t think it's usable, or it might just be it's for an acoustic guitar. so comes as is, for £15 you do get a semi usable acoustic bass, if you have the time to put into this you might actually make it usable.
      Basically it's taking up space, i'm not using it and i think someone else could benefit from this, even if you just fix it and give it to charity, still a good idea, i just don't have the time to do that.
      I have a few snaps of this

• By bassplayer76
      Fender Japan Jazz Bass, a 62 reissue in Photo flame finish, I think its called.   Really lovely playing bass, low action, not heavy, with lovely dark rosewood fret board.  
      Weight 4.15 Kilos
      The bad part is that it is cosmetically challenged, as you will see from the photos.   Cracked lacquer, a long scratch down the back and some pings and pongs here and there.   The neck, though, is virtually unscathed apart from the edge of the headstock.  Action is super low but can be adjusted, the truss rod works and turns fine.
      The price is taking into account the condition, any less than that and I will probably just choose to have it refinished, because it is a great sounding bass, almost too growly for me in fact.
      Comes with a gig bag and would prefer collection or meet up in London. But, Have Box and can send.
      Not looking for trades, want to get a good lightweight bass cab (Not BF)

• By Marcray
      SOLD - a Fender Jaguar Bass, Made In Japan. Right handed. I believe this was from between 2009-2011, if I’m correct this was the only years the Cobalt blue was offered. The bass can be used passive or active.

I have made many upgrades. Most importantly I have had installed a set of hand made and hand wound pickups by Bobby Popper at Tone Master, a boutique pickup builder in Long Island, New York. They were custom built for this bass with staggered poles (raised A & D) to account for the neck radius.  The original pickups can be included. The bridge is a Gotoh type, high mass bridge, with graph tech saddles. The cavities have been expertly shielded by luthier Scott Morgan of Morgan Guitars here in Helsinki. He also replaced the pots with CTS pots and installed original Fender chrome knobs, replacing the black plastic ones. The tuners are Res-o-lite tuners so there is no neck dive. I swapped the pick guard for tortoise shell which I believe is a great improvement to the looks. Switchcraft input jack. The bass works perfectly, all the switches and knobs.  For the keen eyed people who spot the hipshot d-tuner, this will not be included.  Can include a gigbag.

The Bass has normal wear for a few years of use, but absolutely no dings or dents or scratches of any significance or that I would consider measurable.

I have shipped basses to Finland but none from Finland, so I have very little idea of cost.  In my experience postage to Finland has been in the 50-60 pounds region, which I would consider reasonable, so if it turns out to be significantly more expensive then I can work with serious buyers.  Is that fair?  I’ll try to get a more concrete estimate.

• By foxyFuze
      SOLD
      Hi all,
      I acquired this some months ago from here for a tribute project which has since fallen through, so I'm back to using my P/J predominantly. 
      These sit alongside Tokai and Greco for beating Fender at their own game in the 80s; good build quality and value means these punch well above their price. 
      Nut: 42.4mm
      Weight: 4.1 kg
      depth at 1st fret (from fingerboard): 19.7mm

See a demo here of the same model:

I've tried to capture the dinks and imperfections as best as I can - please do ask if you would like to see more. I'd be happy to do a video walk-through if you decide to buy remotely.
      All original hardware and electronics, frets in very good condition (re-dressed I think).
      Fitted with worn-in (but not worn-out) D'addario NYXL strings. Action is a pleasant 2mm which is great if you play with a fairly light touch, and has that rasp if you dig in.
      The case is an old, compact hard case with a busted lock (other latches work fine) - ideal for transporting or postage.
      No offers thanks; I'm not skint and am more than happy to keep hold of this as my go-to 'function band' instrument
      Possible trades for the following with cash either way:
      - decent rosewood Jazz neck (P as long as it isn't too deep)
      - non-reverse T Bird / T bird clone
      - P bass - NOT sunburst, with maple neck if possible. 
      No-commitment tryouts in Bristol most welcome!
      Thanks

√ó
√ó