Marvin

Vintage style microphone: advice needed

On Mon Jul 16 2018 at 11:08, BigRedX said:

No it screws onto the arm of a boom stand in the same way. 

Not sure if this mic stand had been customized 

IMG_20180804_225051_HDR.jpg

2 hours ago, MacDaddy said:

Not sure if this mic stand had been customized 

IMG_20180804_225051_HDR.jpg

That looks like a cymbal stand with a mic thread adaptor.

16 hours ago, BigRedX said:

That looks like a cymbal stand with a mic thread adaptor.

I concur. Probably a lot more robust than most mic stands too.

4 hours ago, Pauld said:

Metallica use this style of microphone live, on boom stands.

Metallica_by_Matthias_Hombauer-2.jpg

Boom stand? I think not. That looks like a custom build.

MacDaddy, I'll show you how you do it next time you're round at the Junkyard. It ain't rocket science if you have the right piece of kit.

2 hours ago, Happy Jack said:

It ain't rocket science if you have the right piece of kit.

& therein lies the rub. 

Words to live by, mate.

But I think you'll be pleasantly surprised ...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By silverfoxnik
      Vintage Trace Elliott AH200 BassAmp and Cover For Sale, 
      Now SOLD - thanks for all your interest! 👍😊
      For sale only is my Trace Elliot AH200 Amp which I bought on Basschat from @stewblack earlier this year. Here's a link to Stew's ad which includes a link to a short video clip of the amp working :
      The amp is in good working order and comes with it's original Trace Elliot cover as can be seen in the photos below.
      Despite the fact that it's a high quality English made, classic design bass amp that's packed with quality components and features, it's really portable for such a powerful amp!
      On that point, it delivers 200 watts at 4 ohms and trust me, they are seriously loud, old-skool Trace watts which to me, sound as loud as my Hughes and Kettner Bassbase 600 watt amp. 
      Apart from the classic Trace Elliot pre-shape switch - which I'd say gives you one of the classic bass tones of the last 35 years  at the push of a button - it also has a switchable 12-band graphic EQ which gives you further extensive controls to easily shape your tone. 
      Having said that, there is an inherent Trace Elliot tone to this amp in my opinion which is great straight out of the box also! I think someone else on Basschat once described it as 'hard-baked' which in my head equates to a dry, punchy and vintage bass tone. 
      Tech Spec:
      * 200 Watts of power at 4 ohms
      * Passive and active input sections
      * 12-band graphic EQ
      * Variable control for the graphic EQ
      * Balanced DI out
      * Effects loop
      * Noise reduction switch
      * Line in/Line out
      *  Headphone socket
      [Not sure how this link has appeared twice and now it has, I can't seem to remove it, so please ignore..] 
      In terms of weight, it’s about 9kg, and very easy to carry - lighter than the 300W version even though it is nearly as powerful. It’s convection cooled via a massive aluminium heatsink on the back – so no fans to go wrong. It does have that slight background 'hum' that these amps are known for, but it's not intrusive in my opinion.. 
      There's plenty of reviews online for these amps, including YouTube videos, so I won't duplicate them here.. Suffice to say, if you want to hear one of these in action or get feedback on how they sound, the interweb is your friend.. 😁
      I'm selling because I've got too many amps and not enough gigs! And, when I was gigging more regularly before the lockdown, I tended to always use my full valve amp...
      So, here's your chance to pick up a classic versatile and great sounding bass amp at a very affordable price! 
      Covid safe and properly socially distanced vewings are possible and welcome (by arrangement) in Littlehampton, West Sussex and yes, I'm happy to send by fully insured courier (at buyer's expense) if necessary. 
      Any questions, please ask away here or send me a PM.
      Thanks for looking as ever... 😊
      Nik 

• By SurroundedByManatees
      Gibson SB-450 
      Cool and rare Gibson from the '70s. Apparently less then 1.000 were made, so there aren't too many of them around. As comparing from the internet (serial numbers and type of tuners), it's likely to be from 1972 or early 1973. I bought it as being a 1972 myself. 
      Pictures:

As you can see from the pictures, the bass has been used. It has a lot of user marks and finish checking all over. The bridge has been replaced (original one in poor condition is still there), as well as the truss rod cover. It should be mentioned that the plastic cover of the bridge pickup has broken at the point where the adjustment screw enters. Someone tried to melt it together again, but its still loose. I've set the hight, and left it this way. 
      Further this bass is in good functional condition. The neck is straight and all hardware and electronics function like they should. 
      This bass plays and sounds great. It has an open, clear and full punchy sound. Not what is usually expected from a Gibson. It's also a very light instrument; my kitchen scale says it's only 3,35 kilos! 
      The original hardcase is included. 
      Asking €1.100 (approx £975)
      Now €750 with hardcase included or €650 without hardcase. 
      The bass is located in the Netherlands. Shipping is possible at buyers risk and expense. 
      Would trade for an old fender Mustang guitar, am std strat... 2eq stingray. I've got more stuff to add in a trade if needed. 
    • By Apothem
      Playing zero nowadays, hence FOR SALE ONLY, thinning the herd here.
      Beautiful vintage Music Man STINGRAY, April 1989, black / maple, original hardshell case WITH KEYS. One from the golden era of EBMM, still with the lacquered neck, bullet trussrod and skunk stripe on the back of the neck. Some birdseye on fingerboard and neck. Chrome battery cover. Already featuring the screws-through-saddles design bridge, allowing lower action. Currently set with very little relief and low action. Strung with 45-105 Daddario ProSteels with only a few hours of bedroom playing on.
      A little patina on the control plate and pegs, small dings on the body and some buckle rash on the back, the kind of signs to be expected on a 31 year old instrument, but neck and fingerboard are absolutely fine. Very punchy, just checked out through some Sennheiser headphones and it sounds thunderous. To be completely honest upfront, I am not sure about the originality of the pickguard, although I may be wrong. Weight is 4.3 Kg / 9.5 Lbs
      Price £1300 + shipping, payment through bank transfer only, please. Trade proposals will not be considered. Established, reputable BCers from the EU can contact me with their address for a shipping quote.
      Thanks for looking.

• By Captain Bassman
      BASS NOW SOLD
      For sale, my beautiful 1966 Fender Precision in fantastic condition, all original (as far as I am aware) with original finish and original Fender hard case (including Fender catalogue).
      This is a player’s bass, not a case queen, but has been extremely well cared for by previous owners as well as by me.
       It has light signs of wear and some dings as you’d expect a 54 year old to have. I’ve gigged the bass extensively in the time I’ve owned it and always kept/transported it in a Hiscox LiteFlite case, not the OHSC.
      Apart from some minor body chips and scratches there are a couple of small dents in the neck behind frets 1-3 but these aren’t noticeable under the hand. There’s also some lovely light checking to the lacquer on the headstock and rear of the body. I’ve tried to capture these as best I can with my phone camera.
      Pups, pots, wiring and solder joints all look all original. The pups are still bonded to the black foam and backing plate. No dating is evident and I didn’t want to risk separating them to try and find out.
      Pots are stamped 6618 which I believe is week 18 of 1966 (kindly correct me if I’m wrong).
      The date stamp on the neck is partially faded and obscured by red ink but this is how it was when I bought it. To my eyes it reads 5 MAY 66 C. The neck is classic P chunky, solid and straight with a fully functioning truss rod and reverse tuners on the headstock.
      Beautiful striping on the rosewood fingerboard and there’s plenty of life left in the slim frets. The bass is currently strung with LaBella flats.
      Comfortably light, on the digital bathroom scales it comes in at 8.6 lbs / 3.9 kg.
      The case has a few dings and a couple of smallish rips but inside is clean and plush and all catches and hinges function (I don’t have the keys though). It came to me with a 1967-68 Fender catalogue inside which is in lovely condition and a really nice piece of history.
      This is a beautiful example of a mid-60’s P bass with a classic full burpy sound that sits so well in the band mix.
      Now... I know there are some real vintage aficionados and experts on the forum so in the spirit of openness and honesty I want to mention 3 things;
      Control knobs. These are more than likely the originals but still look brand new. I have no way of knowing as these were the knobs it came to me with but I am just saying as someone pointed it out to me.
      Ashtrays. Both are in really good clean condition and I believe are the originals. They show light scratching close up which doesn’t come out in the photos. Inside the bridge cover there is no evidence left of any foam mutes but there is some surface roughness in that area.
      E string tuner. Fully operational and stable but a bit stiffer than the other 3. I’ve had it apart and lubricated it, can’t see anything wrong, so it’s a bit better but wanted to point this out to potential buyers. 
      I’m offering this bass for sale only (no trades thank you) at a competitive price based on what I’ve seen similar condition basses advertised by reputable dealers.
      I’m happy to ship at the buyer’s expense or arrange personal socially-distanced collection within a reasonable radius (location KT18).
      David

• By NK.2009
      Hey guys
      Up for sale is my parts 60s Jazz Bass, consisting of a USA Vintage 64 Reissue Jazz Neck (2014), and a Squier VM 70s (2014?) Body with Squier Electronics. I combined the two as I love the natural body with 60s neck, which isnt offered as a colour scheme by fender unless you strip a body of its paint or use 70s ash. I assembled this bass as my tribute to Sting's 62 Jazz Bass. I no longer need the bass as I have far too many in my arsenal.
      The bass is in excellent condition never really left the house. Feel free to ask for any additional close up pics. 07765 225 797
      £690 ONO.