Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Fender 1971 single coil telecaster bass!!! (trades possible)
£3000

Fender '71 telecaster bass

oBEEKGQ.jpg

Scarce single coil tele bass. Its a resonant bass with a great sound. The playability is very good, especially if you like a baseball bat type neck. Action goes low on this one, for an easy playability.

The tele seems to be largely original. The tone pot has been replaced, as well as one part of a tuning peg which holds the string. Some wood has been added in the neckpocket to accomodate a tighter fit.

Acout2J.jpg

DJRsSiG.jpg

SHncBNn.jpg

X868iHh.jpg

YXvxO5m.jpg

The scratchplate has the pearloid backside, as used by Fender in that era. The blonde lacquer has discoloured a lot, to the well known yellow blonde colour. Its discolouring is very well visible with the pickup covers taken off. The bass has been used well, so has its battle scars. 

There are teles which are quite heavy. This one is pretty light example though. It weighs only about 4kg without covers, and 4,2kg with covers mounted.

Ive listed the tele as a Feeler as I am not completely sure about a sale.. I really like this bass, but im thinking about replacing it with a (much) cheaper counterpart as it is not my main bass, and spend the money on something else. Its definitely one of the better sounding and playing Fenders ive laid my hands on. Though it may leave at a good price point.

A mid 70s fender hardcase (in good shape) is included in the sale. 45-105 nickel lo rider strings are fitted.

Asking £ 3.000

The bass is located in the netherlands. Im happy to ship within the eu.

Partial trades considered. Per example; mustang bass, split coil P, fretless, 2eq stingray w lacquered neck, cheaper good quality basses like old tokai...cool amp, effect pedals (compressor)... surprise me!

Might consider 1-1 trades when it concerns a great vintage lightweight j or p.

Do not hestitate to contact me with any question or a serious trade offer.

This ad may be withdrawn when I change my mind.

Edited by SurroundedByManatees
  • Like 3

Hi,

new member, located in Germany.
I'm interested in buying your Tele-Bass, please let me know the weight, I don't like haevy ones.
Selling a FENDER JB 66, very nice, neck dot/unbound Rio 1965 , Potis 1966, PUs 1967, case, Cites.

Best regards