Why become a member? ×

nothing to see here

rockinbassman

Indeed the LEJ was mine, and it is really nice bass and bloody brilliant sounding!

As far as i know, this is the owner order so i'm sure any questions about the neck and the bass in general you can contact them!

The bass came from the USA with bc member 'Geester'. He is the original owner afaik, i traded for the bass with ray_6ao7 and then recently traded with rockinbassman.

I'm pretty sure the best guy to talk to will be Geester as ray didn't have the bass long before me!

i belive this is the original FS thread!

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=28039&hl=lej"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=28039&hl=lej[/url]

Jake :)

Damb it I hit the delete button by mistake DOH!

this is what I wrote:

Please dont take this the wrong was as I really love the Low End bass and have been after one for ages, but everyone seems to say the bass is fantastic and its well made etc, but it seems to have been through 4 owners since september.

Why do people not like it and keep moving it on? As I said I am not trying to make out there is a fault with it or imply anything dodgy is going on, I am just curious as to why people did not get on with it? is it just not the right neck profile or is the sound not all that? Just curious! My Roscoe beck had been around the forum for a while and passed through a few hands but I love it to bits and its perfect condition wise, just was not right for a few other folk, mostly the sound and neck profile I seem to remember.

As I said pure curiosity, In fact I am tempted to try and sell the roscoe for this bass as I really want something active and it is stunning with those blocks.

I do wish you the best of luck with the sale.

Edit: I did see your reason which is cool, it took me two attempts at five string to finally love it, it really is not for everyone and I would love an old 70s Jazz

Edited by NJE

[quote]Damb it I hit the delete button by mistake DOH!

this is what I wrote:

Please dont take this the wrong was as I really love the Low End bass and have been after one for ages, but everyone seems to say the bass is fantastic and its well made etc, but it seems to have been through 4 owners since september.

Why do people not like it and keep moving it on? As I said I am not trying to make out there is a fault with it or imply anything dodgy is going on, I am just curious as to why people did not get on with it? is it just not the right neck profile or is the sound not all that? Just curious! My Roscoe beck had been around the forum for a while and passed through a few hands but I love it to bits and its perfect condition wise, just was not right for a few other folk, mostly the sound and neck profile I seem to remember.

As I said pure curiosity, In fact I am tempted to try and sell the roscoe for this bass as I really want something active and it is stunning with those blocks.

I do wish you the best of luck with the sale.

Edit: I did see your reason which is cool, it took me two attempts at five string to finally love it, it really is not for everyone and I would love an old 70s Jazz[/quote]

Geester had this bass for a long time.
He sold it to Ray but Ray is a warwick player. He already had a streamer and full warwick rig. I had a streamer and fancied a change so i traded my warwick for this lowend.
After acouple of meetings with my band manager, the 5 string had to go as i needed a 4 string instead.
And now, rockinbassman isn't getting along with the 5 string.

Hope that helps make things clear!

Jake

Edited by jake_tenfloors

[quote name='jake_tenfloors' post='339464' date='Nov 28 2008, 11:55 AM']Geester had this bass for a long time.
He sold it to Ray but Ray is a warwick player. He already had a streamer and full warwick rig. I had a streamer and fancied a change so i traded my warwick for this lowend.
After acouple of meetings with my band manager, the 5 string had to go as i needed a 4 string instead.

Jake[/quote]

Thats cool, I realise that some bases are just not right for people and it takes time to find the right bass. I was just wondering if people didnt like the neck shape or something like that or if it was a bit too modern sounding etc having never played one.

Anyway awesome looking thing and i really wish it was not close to christmas. I love my Fender and said I would never sell it but I am seriously tempted to give it a whirl on ebay and see what happens for this!

Thanks again and good luck.

oh by the way I think the "W" on the headstock is a copy from an average white band album cover and meant to resemble a ladies bottom.

[quote name='jake_tenfloors' post='339464' date='Nov 28 2008, 11:55 AM']Geester had this bass for a long time.

Jake[/quote]

It's a nice bass for tapping...but nothing compared to a 'wick, so that's why i traded it with jake..

[quote name='NJE' post='339503' date='Nov 28 2008, 12:21 PM']oh by the way I think the "W" on the headstock is a copy from an average white band album cover and meant to resemble a ladies bottom.[/quote]
LOL.
Seeing a scrotum when it's a ladies bottom has got me worried!

[quote name='rockinbassman' post='337690' date='Nov 26 2008, 08:44 PM']Im looking for the same as Jake £900
[quote name='jake_tenfloors' post='337700' date='Nov 26 2008, 08:56 PM']i belive this is the original FS thread!

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=28039&hl=lej"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=28039&hl=lej[/url][/quote][/quote]

Bloody hell, this thing's appreciating in value at a rate of about £50 a month.

Not quite sure why you'd want to sell both of those for a 70s Jazz. They are just Jazz basses after all, and not always that well made..... :). Shuker has a stock J bass for just £650 that will most likely kick the ass of most 70s Jazzes. Or you could buy a Sadowsky. Anyway, just sayin....

Edited by rjb