Why become a member? ×

OMEC Teleport by Orange

krispn

If only there was a way to get virtually lag free use of my software synth patches ( or any of the multitude of patches of my daw plug ins etc etc) but triggered from my bass out on a gig and save the need for three different pedals to do a sub standard pastiche of said tones.

Oh wait! What’s that Orange? 

The Teleport allows you to convert both analog audio signals (an instrument for example) to digital to be processed with the many applications available. Additionally, the Teleport gives you the ability to convert digital audio signals to analogue (through mixers, D.I. boxes, amplifiers, etc.

£99 for said device!!

https://orangeamps.com/omec-teleport/

Have I missed a thread on this or have folk just not been aware of it? Looks like it could bridge the gap for using the bass to basically trigger killer synth and more via a laptop/desktop/iPad  either at home or live without fancy pick ups and such!

Looking forward  to giving one a go!

• Like 2

It's an audio interface, not a pitch to midi converter. Not what you're looking for I fear.

Sonuus i2m might get you closer, but without lag? Forget it...

Edited by Bigwan

Looks like a iRig Stomp but with Mac/PC compatibility. Could be pretty nifty when paired with a micro PC like the GPD Pocket. You could even run Helix Native or the Darkglass plugins on it.

Edit: looks like there's a new version from IK Multimedia that looks even more flexible:

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/mobile/products/irigstompio/

Edited by dannybuoy

6 minutes ago, krispn said:

@Bigwan

I was under the impression from the videos I’ve watched that it does allow for this? Mary Spender vid on you tube has her playing via the OMEC and it appears to do this? 

I guess I’ll find out later this week!

Hmm. It's the MIDI guitar software that's doing the "other instruments" in that video NOT the OMEC Teleport, it's just converting the analogue signal to 1's and 0's. Being a bit misleading there is Mary. It's a standard audio interface, albeit a pedalboard mounted one.