SOLD Yamaha Attitude II Ltd w/ Alumitones
£1320

marcblum

Yamaha Attitude II Ltd
Se-Nr ONI029F
Made in Japan

FAQ
Q: Why are you selling this great bass?
A: I have to admit that a) I own too much bass guitars, b) I'm bound to 6-string bass guitars, c) I need some cash to buy even more 6-string bass guitars. Conclusion: all 4-string bass guitars have to go.

Q: Why did you change the electrics?
A: Soundwise I found this bass to be great, but limited, so I decided to enhance it to a PJ-configuration. Furthermore I noticed the original DiMarzio Pickup to be touch sensitive, which does not work when you're playing with lots of distortion. (I'm wondering why nobody ever mentions that)

Q: Woods? Features?
A: Please ask Google. This instrument is well documented.

Q: Weight?
A: 4,3kg = 9,5 lbs = 0,68 stone

Q: What replacement pickups did you choose?
A: https://www.lacemusic.eu/index.php/bass-pickups/aluma-p-bass-detail , https://www.lacemusic.eu/index.php/bass-pickups/aluma-j-bass-detail

Q: Why these?
A: I was attracted by the underlying concept of Lace Alumitones, they are really lightweight too, and I just wanted to check them out

Q: How did the sound changed?
A: Lace Alumitones differ from traditional Fender pcikup tone. They sound more dense und punchy, with significant powerful output. You might say they're not as "hairy" as a standard P. The middle position works very well, tight and focused.

Q: Are there any soundsamples?
A: yes, please: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3ucgrer0abyg9f5/attitude_alumitones.mp3?dl=0

Q: This bass is not in it's original shape etc pp blabla
A: Well, Sheehan himself ist a passionate handicraftsman. The Attitude is the result of dozens of changes and experiments. Just keep this mindset going.

Q: What about the changed electrics?
A: P and J go into a 4-position-rotary-switch: 1 -> mute / 2 -> P / 3 -> both in parallel / 4 -> J
The 2nd pot does volume to this, then into one of the jacks.
The woofer goes directly into the other jack.
Passive adding of the woofer does not work very well, IMHO. Go from the jacks into a Boss LS-2, and you can mix and switch much better.

Q: There's a knop lacking!
A: Just on some of the pictures. I like to remove knops to avoid accidential changes when playing live.

Q: What comes with the bass?
A: Original Yamaha case, original DiMarzio pickup, some pots and knobs

Q: will you ship the bass?
A: yes

Q: overall costs?
A: 1500€ / approx 1320 GBP, shipping costs inside Germnay included, outside Germany to be checked

Q: Where may I test it or pick it up?
A: in Germany/Aachen/Burtscheid

20180330_115647.jpg

20180330_115658.jpg

20180330_115732.jpg

20180330_115713.jpg

20180330_115724.jpg

20180331_142618.jpg

20180330_115617.jpg

Edited by marcblum
sold
  • Like 2