Why become a member? ×

Veneers

fleabag

Just perusing Nastybay with maybe an idea of veneering a bass body ( not sure yet ) but came across this.

Do people not proof read their ads ? The odd spelling or grammar mistake is no big deal, hell i've done it, but this is just plain lazy.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/High-Quality-White-Macassar-Ebony-Wood-Veneer-Sheet-Flexible-Veneer-Sheet/282747540372?var=582019119580&hash=item41d5111394:m:muUwgWn0ZDWEGa-ofP7oCRw

"Natural material is rotary cuted to veneer sheets, which after the removal of defects and imperfections are subjected to gluing to special blocks. In this form wood is ressed what gives the right pattern on veneer. Than the block is cutted on single sheets – veneers. The resulting material is a ferlection of veneers obtainerd using traditional method"

Edited by fleabag

Looks like a UK franchise for veneers sourced probably from the developing world, and the UK agent has simply done a basic cut & paste job from a source where English is not the first language. Or possibly done by someone who is severely dyslexic...?

Either way, it does look like a lack of proper care & attention. Seller seems to have done a lot of trading in this stuff so looks genuine from that viewpoint (which was my first query when I read it from the OP).

Still, as long as the product is what you're expecting then no harm done presumably.