Why become a member? ×

Band Merch - Banners and Backdrop

Dropzone

I don't know about backdrops - when my bands have had them in the past we've always made them ourselves. However there was a thread about them recently so if you do a search you should find it.

For T-shirts do a search for local fabric screen printers, you may find someone offering a really good deal. If not try either Awesome Merchandise or Shirty Something. Go for good quality T-shirts - there's nothing worse than a band T-shirt that has faded and looks ratty after a couple of washes. It's always hard to work out what sizes you need, but IME it doesn't matter what proportion of your audience are skinny hipsters, the people who buy band T-shirts always seem want Large or bigger sizes. 

Most T-shirt printers offer a range of styles and fabric types and it's up to the customer to pick the one they want. If you buy band T-shirts have a look at the one that you like for quality and see what the brand is. All the T-Shirts I've had done in the last 10 years have been on Gildan Softstyle which IMO is a compromise for feel and toughness, while still being good value for money. 

BTW you need to be looking at an run of at least 100 T-shirts in order to get a decent unit price and have a good range of sizes to sell.

Edited by BigRedX
  • Like 1

We got our backdrop from Vistaprint, our guitarist sorted it so I don’t know prices etc, but it’s surprisingly good quality. The print is sharp and it’s proved very durable over three years of gigging with it.

Edited by BrunoBass

On 4/24/2018 at 14:08, Dropzone said:

Yep 100 ts coming in at around £330 from those sites, I expect delivery will be extra but this is very reasonable.

I have a feeling that at least one of them has free delivery. And £330 for 100 is very good. That's what we paid 5 years ago for white print on one side only of a black shirt. 

We got ours from a signwriter I got to know from the local pub band scene. He's on FB if you search 'Signs by Alyerpal'.  Not sure about TShirts but he does backdrops, pull up banners, bass drum skins, stickers etc