Why become a member? ×

Valve power amps

paul_5

I had a Peavey Classic 60/60 for a while - not big numbers at 60w / ch but it was great and played louder than you might think..

Other options are the Marshall ones (9100 I think) - true dual mono-blocks and a very nice bit of kit plus a plethora of second hand options from Ampeg, Mesa Boogie, Trace Elliot - all the usual suspects. Vintage options from the likes of Hi Watt, Orange and Soundcity et-al are all loud and heavy and tend to go for a little less than their pre-amped dedicated instrument brothers - I had a Soundcity 'Energizer 120' which simply had a level control and it was ridiculous. Massive transformers and 6x EL34s.

Not sure if you're after vintage, modern or somewhere inbetween but there's more than a few ideas for you to go at, hope it helps..

On 17-4-2018 at 13:12, Beedster said:

You gotta try and find one of these mate, wish I still had it, I could plug my Precision straight in to those massive tubes........

Did the same with my Aguilar DB 728, 400 watts tube power amp, precision straight in it, no preamp!